Evelyn or lianna?

Need inputs. I have both lianna and evelyn at 3/70. Took me over 4 months to complete my tonic set. Who do i give it to and why? Appreciate your help in this.

Had lianna for a while now. But took me so long to get those tonics. Good tging i got evelyn before completing my tonics so now i have a choice who to give it to. Cause evelyn no joke either. Loving her right now. My thouggts are, even at 3/70, evelyn does her job so i can give the mats to lianna. Makes sense?

Evelyn. Fast dispel and elemental debuff is way better than Lianna’s snipe.

1 Like

that’s a problem I have myself. From what I’ve gathered, Lianna does her job best maxed out, if Evelyn can get hers done at 3/70 that would be a push to do Lianna first.
My problem also throws Zeline in on the mix though…
Luckily I’m still 2 tonics away from having to make a choice!!

1 Like

3/70 Evelyn make sure to get her special skill to 8/8. You can get the full benefit out of her fast dispell, elemental link, and defense drop agaisnt nature without her being maxed.

Lianna is the best sniper in the game when maxed, and since this is the only thing she does you’ll need her at teir 4 to make the most out of this. She also has lower chance of survival at 3/70 than Evelyn

9 Likes

I’ve been finding that out! My Lianna is at 3/60 and I have to watch her sometimes. A big reason I think I’ll go with her first before Evelyn or Zeline is to increase her survivability. She really does need the boosts in stats maxing her out will give.

Funny antidote relating to that, I took Evelyn into a 3* titan fight at 1/1 stacked with other green and she survived! It was kinda fun. She helped me get a pretty good score just like that!

(Lianna’s at 3/60 because I’m only feeding her 2* and 3* right now. So expensive hamwise to feed her 1* at this point!)

3 Likes

Lianna 4/80
Evelyn 3/70

I have both of them. Evelyn 3/70 will give you all you need.

1 Like

Comparing Ev VS Lianna on 4/80,
Ev deals 1526 special attack (210% * 727) for each target, while Lianna deals 3732 (512% * 729) to one target only.

Fully maxed Ev hits for 30% of damage of Lianna (to each target), not even reaching the same damage if she hits all 3 targets.

So, from the damage point, levelling Lianna is always better.

I have both Lianna and Ev, and I maxed Ev, leaving Lianna at 3/70.

Main reason is Titans. If Lianna dies during an attack on Titan, I won’t even notice. If Ev dies, I won’t get good damage numbers. So keeping Ev alive is my number 1 priority.

2 Likes

Thanks for the input guys. So from what ive gathered here, evelyn is superior to lianna. The only reason why some of us prefer to give mats to lianna is for her survivability cause she dies fast at 3/70. Plus on the defense team, raiders will focus fire on her so she needs that additional health. Im still indecisive atm but I might just have to give the mats to evelyn cause i only have 1 spot for green on my def team.

But then again, on the offensive side, i need to max out lianna since she’s my only sniper now. I have mostly splash damage heroes. At 2600 cups, i need atleast 1 sniper cause heroes there are tough to kill with levelled troops. Ah this lianna vs ev is giving me a headache.

Evelyns special works fine at 3/70.

I vote lianna.

2 Likes

I went with Lianna first. I like the argument about Evelyn’s main function (green debuff) works at 3.70, but Lianna’s main draw (massive damage sniper) is somewhat lacking at the same level. Hopefully by the time I finish leveling Lianna I will have another set of tonics anyway.

Of course, I already had Lianna at the third ascension by the time I obtained Evelyn, so that also played a factor in my decision.

1 Like

I would much prefer Liana to Evelyn for defense. Liana’s shot takes heroes down. Evelyn’s doesn’t, without coordinating green firing. But the computer doesn’t give you coordinating green firing on defense.

2 Likes

I would agree… Liana is great on defense, and she’s the one I watch out for in raids and war. Her and Magni can wipe an entire offensive team if one is not careful. Thankfully, she’s also quite squishy so a double-stack or just focus fire will deal with the problem quite easily.

Evelyn, is imho an A+ support on offense and against titans. As mentioned in numerous threads on this forum, pair her with any other green sniper(s) and everything you hit goes BOOM! It’s understandable why she only hits 3… If she hit all, pairing her with Zeline, or any other AoE slow mana green like Horghall, Little John, or even Skittleskull, would wipe the board clean, making her way too OP.

Still, I can see some use for those slows when paired with her if the boards work out well. Challenge events for example… Mana pot your greens at the bosses and just watch them melt…:grin:

2 Likes

My own choice was Evelyn first. I have Lianna at 3/70, and generally don’t even use her in wars, as she’s an archetypal case of a 5* at 3/70 being worse than a 4* at 4/70.
I picked Evelyn based on my other heroes though. I have good 5* snipers maxed in all the other colors so adding one more to my roster in Lianna would gain me less overall than levelling Evelyn with her green defense dropping special and dispel.
Picking one or the other isn’t a clearcut choice - it depends on what else someone has in their team as well. For me, Evelyn is the best choice to go first, but Lianna will definitely be next up for tonics, even if I get Mother North before the event ends.

1 Like

Just to add to the discussion about Evelyn vs Lianna on defense: Lianna is a great choice I agree, but I also think there’s a good chance Evelyn might do just as well on defense. Especially if you already have great snipers of other elements on your team.

The reason i say so is because guardian panther is popular for high ranking diamon arena players. Also for a long time there were a lot of top 100 teams with two guardian panthers on each wing. Apparently this was annoying for people to deal with and i think it was because they were already color stacking against the tank and/or flanks — so making the choice to bring yellow heroes to deal with the panthers made them sacrifice being able to color stack against a flank hero.

Tanking this into consideration, and also paying mind to the fact that she has essentially the same health as panther but with higher defense and the ability to restore up to 325 health points for herself, she shouldnt be underestimated on defense.

In fact I think having two Evelyns on the wings, or having one Evelyn on left wing and Lianna on the right wing could be a great strategy.

2 Likes

I can’t read the mind of people who put Panther on defense teams … but my guess is that those people maxed Panther for her yellow titan damage and usability on offense in a purple stack…

…Then put her on their defense team because she is good enough and they didn’t have a better defensive purple maxed.

Evelyn should be similar but a bit better on defense (she has lower attack and higher defense)

2 Likes

I’m experimenting with both Evelyn and Lianna on defense at the moment.

1 Like

I’ll level up my Zims and come hunting…:wink:

1 Like

Welcomed to try :rofl:

1 Like