[Etiquette, Speed] Fastest, and most polite ways, to get moderator/ staff attention OR flag for moderator/ staff attention, modify / delete a custom flag, `@moderators` disabled, Tag for fun [ posted for smartphone users and future reference ]

Foreign Language

Use your best judgment

Click for very long discussion

My default is to judge it based on the same criteria as I use for Off Topic flags for English posts / replies

Theoretically the two situations are different, but for most real world instances, they are the same

Abusing flags will result in revoking of forum flag privileges.

Off Topic

Off Topic flags are another long discussion

If Off topic activity was easy to fix, Discourse.org would have solved it already

Edit:

Trust level 3, Regular

Trust level 3, Regular ( see notes ), is actually an attempt to address the complexity of off topic when it comes to forum categories / titles

If the topic is created in the wrong category ( off topic ), then a regular is able to move it

If a topic has the title ( appears off topic ), then a regular is able to change it ( see notes )

Edit flame wars are a whole different discussion

Hiding

If I Recall Correctly, Trust Level 3 flags are also worth more points when the algorithm is deciding if a topic / reply will be hidden while awaiting moderator review

Offense history

Flagging any post that is offensive, or you strongly suspect is offensive ( looking at you gaslighting ), helps volunteers, and staff, track potential problem users and decide on appropriate action ( see notes )

And just in case anyone forgot

But as a general rule, volunteers, and staff, try not to revoke forum flag privileges if they can ( see notes )

Notes

Click for notes

Click bait

Trust Level 3

Revoking privilege

In the below discussion replace the idea of banning with revoking privileges

Flag History

I give up

Between discussions of chat flags, forum flags, war flags, titan flags, map flags, mythic titan flags, event flags, etc., it is impossible to find the moderator quote I want about flag history and trolls, abusers, bad actors, etc.

FIN

2 Likes