[Essay, Community Content] Why I donate my blood, sweat and tears

Subject
[Essay, Community Content] Why I donate my blood, sweat and tears

I donate my blood to patients, even though the hospital charges for it, and I do not get paid. Some countries pay for blood, and their blood supply is often tainted by desperate people chasing money. But if no one donates, no one has any blood.

I donate my sweat to helping build nature trails and maintain parks, even though the park service pays the employees who buy the supplies and drive the vehicles and plan the work. My free sweat is the difference between three trails being built or none. My friends and I can better enjoy the parks.

I tutor, and occasionally mentor, people with difficulty writing. Who might fail a class without my help. I do it because an education make their life better, our community better and everyone’s life better. I was once ignorant until someone showed me the way.

I write on the forums because someone answered my questions. I write on the forums because I made some bad decisions, and peer review showed me the way to correct them. If I cannot teach you something on the forums, how can we discuss it? I write on the forums because I might think I know what I am doing, but writing them out, and civilly discussing them, can help show I am moving in the right direction, a dead end, or a wonderful unexpected discover.

“Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.”

21 Likes

Very well written essay in my opinion , and I agree with you 100%, we are here to be helped but also to help when we can. 2,3,4,5 ,or even 20 heads are better than one. There are plenty of things to easily take away from life but it is a far better thing to give back with a generous heart expecting nothing but a good feeling That naturally goes along with kindness and sacrifice, I have personally found humor , help ,and encouragement here and hope that I can give back at least just a little of these three if not something else. Great post :grinning:

10 Likes

@Gryphonknight this is beautiful. Thank you for all the time & care you put in here!

I have similar reasons for staying in an open, mentoring, relaxed alliance even though my heroes have grown mighty. Someone cared enough to mentor me and I know how intimidated, overwhelmed and bad at even making tile matches I was. Thank you again!!!
:sunflower:. :rose:. :bouquet:

6 Likes

I have grown strong enough to switch alliances and get better mats but I am staying loyal to my compadres, my alliance and this forum bring most of the joy I get out of this. It’s fun to help the new players in our alliance :+1:t3: @Joyful818

4 Likes

have similar reasons for staying in an open, mentoring, relaxed alliance even though my heroes have grown mighty. Someone cared enough to mentor me and I know how intimidate

6 Likes

I feel the same. I had thought to leave a one point a couple months ago but stuck with them and don’t plan on going anywhere. We are only hitting 7/8* titans but for me that is ok. I like seeing everyone grow. We were all there once and afterall this is just a game.

4 Likes

Yes, I agree with you!

2 Likes

What an amazing, beautiful, encouraging, kind and not least inspiring person you are. Sometimes I come to the forum for help but mostly seeking out posts such as this one to remind me to hold on because tomorrow is a new day to try again. Thank you for being you and many blessings. :heart:

1 Like

Holy resurrections Batman…

Might I just conclude this poetic line with the following coda of truth:

“give a man a fire keep him warm for a night…set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.”

3 Likes

My new favorite

“Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. But give him a fish while teaching him so he can concentrate on learning. No one learns in a day”

Translated to Empires

“Answer a forum question and help the user for a day. Teach the user how to answer the question and help him for a lifetime. But answer the forum question while teaching him. No one learns a game with this many heroes in a day”

FIN

3 Likes