🏰 Esme – 5* Ice/ Blue from Clash of Knights

Sorry going off topic but just to reply to this comment also.

Took me sooo long to begrudgingly level Grimble… I absolutely love him now!… vs those Christmas teams he’ll knock out all those dang minions, whilst simultaneously fully charging your whole team… game over.

2 Likes

Zuri got buffed twice and she didn’t? At least give her a stronger heal. She’s the only hero in the wolf/raven clan who needs some form of buff.

3 Likes

Lol yea, especially with that pengi, hes brutal with a team of minions. Long as you get 3 matches, lights out :smile:

I think esme will be similar, as long as you get the 3 matches. You’ll be fine. She’ll definitely find a spot in one of my teams

1 Like

She will definitely shine once the W3K heroes get released. :grin:

1 Like

Really, no buffs to this hero? Okay…

4 Likes

I came here looking too. Odd she didn’t get one.

I don’t have her, but from my perspective 40% heal is ok. There are quite a lot of fiends heroes already and probably there will be more in the future so she can be even more usable. Maybe she should remove status effects as well to make her better.

2 Likes

If they just removed the the condition off the third part of her special that would be such a welcome change. There is no need for it.

8 Likes

AccreditedHyena, good point, i maxed and fully emblemed her and she’s fantastic in our war where we have numerous fiends. And as you rightly said, we got more fiends already and im sure, more will be coming. For the occasions when she’s just a healer, she’s doing a great job there too.

4 Likes

Agree with a bunch of people here that the third line on her card should be changed.

Instead of saying “IF an ally had fiends they will be immune to new fiends for 4 turns” it should just be “all allies immune to new fiends for 4 turns.”

This gives her much more utility. Instead of waiting to use her special after a fiend summoner fires, you can preemptively fire and protect yourself. I hope they consider a change going further, especially after buffing other heroes from the portal. She was likely the least leveled 5* from this portal and with the recent changes, she will fall even further behind.

9 Likes

I really don’t understand why she is designed this conditionally. Would giving an unconditional buff be too OP for her?

1 Like

Have Esme maxed and I have no regrets. I take her in all the time against Elizabeth or Hannah. She does the job quite nicely. Can’t see her being worth the limit break though.

3 Likes

LOL that’s funny. I mean, pathetic. Hey SG, can I trade my Esme for that 4*?

I’m sure they can tell that almost nobody who pulled Esme actually bothered to level her, let alone ascend her past 3/70. But I guess they don’t care. Some heroes like Jade and Esme are destined to suck and forever sit on the bench.

I have her since first release. I maxed her, even accidentally limit broke her. While at it I maxed her class also.
I merely use her in wars, other than that she is collecting dust.

By default she should have some sort of innate ability/passive to resist negative fiend effects, and her fiend protection should be unconditional.

Even so, she still needs an extra twist -some sort of sophistication- to earn her status as an exclusive event hero among the rest.

1 Like

I think it is pronounced Ess-meh

She is the Jade of this event.

E&P always likes to have a stinker among the event heros so people can be dissapointed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unfortunately, I see this too, which makes no sense to me. I get the fact that not every hero can be a GM or MN, but they don’t have to actively create terrible heroes for no reason. I think it’s a poor business model, but hey, what do I know.

3 Likes

Byzanthia, i have maxed and emblemed my Esme and love her. She’s perfect against the likes of Eluzabeth of which we have enough in our wars (i am in a top 500 alliance). I also use her in raids alternating with Alexandrine and there too, she is as good or better as any other healer. If you pay attention to the posts, the majority of those not liking Esme, don’t even have her and are just parotting previous posts. Yes, immunity for all would be great, but it’s by no neans a dealbreaker.

4 Likes

Absolutely agree, effectivly her 40% heal becomes a 90% heal on heros whoes fiends absorb 50% health.

no other hero can do that at the moment.

And i think we be sure that more and stronger fiends will be coming. Probably going to age fine like Grimble.

2 Likes

I think that in the end it all depends on how deep your roster is. If you already have 6 or 7 good maxed Ice 5* heroes, more important will be the extra added/ unique value that that particular hero brings. Esme is good (leaning towards very good) against strong fiend heroes. And the higher you get in the alliance ranking, the higher is the probability that you are going to encounter at least a few of them every war and Esme could mean the difference between winning and losing.

If however you have a relatively low number of maxed 5* and you are running low on ascension mats, I agree that Esme does not look very attractive compared to other heroes that are much more versatile.

2 Likes