šŸ° Esme ā€“ 5* Ice/ Blue from Clash of Knights

Yeap, it has devolved into a hot mess of a thread

Esme must apply imunity to fiends no matter if your teammates have fiends or not. Just because her wolf bonus is for getting buffs undispelable and her buff is conditional, not for every activation like all the other 5* wolves have

1 Like

Got her from Black Friday Portal.

Initially I was not sold on her but given how Hannahs and Elizabeths (with occasional Senan thrown in, though with him the fiends are the least of the problems) are absolutely infesting Diamond Raids and also wars weā€™re fighting sheā€™ll come handy. Though I agree that she should always apply resistance against fiends and possibly the buff should be unremovable.

I think she should also have an innate resistance to fiend effects. In the most common scenario where she would be needed (vs a Liz) Esme must be precharged and held until Liz fires, or Liz has already fired in which case Esme is delayed to fire at essentially slow speed

5 Likes

She really need an upgrade. With two gargoyles who are much more powerful against fiends and minions just added to the game, what is her purpose?

Just healing isnā€™t enough to be a rare 5* challenge event hero. Very disappointing. Even S2ā€™s Ariel amd HOTM Alexandrine are much, much better than her.

She should heal, do something else, AND destroy fiends

7 Likes

The fact that passepartout can counter fiends way better than her and itā€™s not even his niche. This hero is justā€¦wow

4 Likes

I levelled her despite reading the comments in this forum because I really needed someone to counter the fiend summoners on defense and I only have C.Kiril as blue healer. Wellā€¦ she is bordering between meh and useless, even with emblems +7. Takes too long to charge to be useful. Timing is everything of course, but the heal is not strong enough. The immunity for 4 turns is only a small plus, if you are dealing with more fiend summoners. So, takes strong tactics to use, and even then, I feel like I should just have brought more snipers instead.
So if you are low on mats and plan to pull more heroes in the future, she may not be your very best option.

5 Likes

Yup. If Liz fires first, Esme cannot fire in 9-10 tiles as she would without a mana slow. This means you need at least two more matches (assuming she was already at 6 tiles) just to fire her, which is often too slow and as just a flat heal is good but not great even when it happens. If she charges before Liz, Iā€™d rather just cKiril and kill Liz immediately anyways in most circumstances. Even if you were not going to be able to kill her so choose to hold cKiril until after she fires, itā€™s certainly debatable whether or not the atk and def down cKiril provides offsets whatever extra healing you get from Esme. For instance, the atk down will negate a lot of the incoming damage from slashes and specials, and if the Def down allows you to kill a Frigg or some other hard hitter before they fire youā€™ve probably at least broken even at that point.

4 Likes

Well you cannot expect the majority of players to have that kind of ā€œChess-Mindsetā€. Most will just see ā€œkills fiends, heals and gives protection against fiends - oh wow she is a nice fiendcounterā€.

Btw. although i wasnā€™t sold on her, i did max her after getting my 24th scope. And well she doesnā€™t perform better then 3.70. She doesnā€™t counter Elizabeth unless you bring something like Vanda or Poseidon with her as protection against that manaslow.

2 Likes

@PlayForFun Wren is Raven Clan, not Wolf Clan. Just FYIā€¦

1 Like

@Amberesqu7
Yes, you are correct.

@Guvnor added these hero lists to the bottom of the hero topics this Thursday morning.
Do you want to fix these @Guvnor ?
If not, then I will do it on Friday morning.

1 Like

Thx @Guvnor for the fixes.:slight_smile:

Immunity whether allies have fiends or not is the easiest fix IMO. Folks will say Iā€™m biased bcuz I have her but itā€™s just common sense to me !!! I wasnā€™t planning on levelling her as Alex was next, then Theobald got his buff & heā€™s next. ATM I just take Garnet & fire her just b4 Liz or Hannah fire to give status immunity to the mana gen & attack. Absolute least is immunity no matter !!!

1 Like

Esme needed a buff out of the gate but now she just looks super unusableā€¦

3 Likes

Why would they do this ??? Release Esme & then release a 4* that does it better ??? Immunity whether the ally has fiends or not is a must !!!

1 Like

The overheal itself makes that 4* more appealing than esme

1 Like

Alot here dont seem to like this hero, i havenā€™t used her yet but i feel like i can get some good use out of her, i see my share of fiends in both raids and wars.

Every hero has their role, some do more than others, some less, not every hero can do it allā€¦ lol grimble wasnā€™t that great at release, now hes a rock star, i use him EVERY war.

And just like grimble, i feel sheā€™ll need a 23 mana troop to be any use. A niche hero now as was grimble but more depth to my roster :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

100% agreed!
She is an underrated hero.
As more fiends are getting released with powerful heroes.
She will find her place in those blood / health suckers world.
She might not be my priority at this time, in regards of ice heroes.
But i will definitely give her some T.L.C at some point.

2 Likes

she is bad, not enough fiend summoners for her to be relevant.

she protection is limitied to fiends existing first so you have to wait for Elizabeth or Hannah to fire in order to protect against further fiends

if her protection was unconditional or she was able to overheal Iā€™d max herā€¦ right now she us not worth the material.
Iā€™d rather use other healers since all of them give better overall utility

2 Likes

I disagree that sheā€™s bad, pretty much every war youā€™ll get a team with 2+ fiend summoners. You donā€™t lose those matchups with her in the team.

I mean sheā€™s not going to break the meta, but for me sheā€™s an important part of my 6 war teams (like Grimble as someone previously stated).

4 Likes