šŸ° Esme ā€“ 5* Ice/ Blue from Clash of Knights

Dancing, I fully agree. I pulled both Alex and Esme and both will be done - one after the other (the remaining blues will have to stay a bit longer in the waiting room) . Esme has the edge considering the ever growing number of heroes that spawn fiends, therefore Iā€™ll do her first. Alex is very sturdy and I like playing her a lot too - more than the equally excellent Ariel. Iā€™m appalled at the way some in this forum react when confronted with views that arenā€™t theirs, but this is nothing new here. Some just like to trash what they donā€™t know - just like in RL.

1 Like

GiZmo,. Have you had a look at the growing number of heroes that spawn fiends? Are you one of those that trash what they donā€™t know (such as Grimble when he was new and minions still rare) - andā€¦if you donā€™t like her, donā€™t use her. Simple, really.

1 Like

I am simply amazed at the list healer that you have jotted down above & completely not looked sat the simple FACT :

• ALL those Healers are USELESS against a Fiend onslaught = MOST of their heal is lost to the Fiends (NOT added to team HP), leaving the team vulnerable to multiple Fiends & next Fiend attack.
  • HoT is a Joke while Fiends infection is on the team, so your mention of those healers has me :rofl:
  • WHAT is the use of ALL the cleanse / de-buff / buff / attack up : when Fiends are eating up health & giving DoT making all of those abilities USELESS !

Have you even calculated / understood what Esme does in the Fiend meta ?

• Esme kills Fiends first
  • Esme HEALs 40% = ALL 40% healing is added to team HP.
  • Immunity from new Fiends for 4 turns to those who had Fiends = HP is protected from loss to Fiends !

These 3 points make Esme a BETTER healer than all those mentioned by you by a LONG distance in the fiends metaā€¦

You also havenā€™t thought properly how the game is played todayā€¦

• There are many non-healer heroes that give : cleanse / de-buff / buff / attack up, etc to the team / nearby / self. So all these are not sole responbsility of Healers today !
  • Practical play reality : Ariel & types donā€™t provide debuff & Melendor doesnā€™t provide cleanse = So, if I donā€™t want to take 2 healer, I have to take a hero that provides what healer doesnā€™tā€¦

So pal, trust all is clear. I took time / effort to educate you / any other bcoz I care, else, I can ignore incorrect comments with a laugh. Also, I have already explained all this in an earlier comment, which you clearly havenā€™t read & are simply ranting without much idea of actual game reality !

I wonā€™t ask you whether you have Esme or are just giving theoretical talk for reasons better known to you !

Please educate yourself & enjoy the game :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Congrats & Likewise, I also have AleX (3/70) & Esme (3/67)
but will get Esme up before Alex bcoz I donā€™t need the critical tiles buff of Alex bcoz I have heroes that provide that to my teams : Gazelle / BK / Krampus / Miki
&
Dealing with Fiends issue is more important for my play.

I give final mats to 5*s based on only one question : Which hero will I use more & impact my roster !

• Just gave Xnolphod tabards before Dr. Moreau, DarLo, Clarissa, 2nd Alfrike bcoz my main offensive dark heroes are Onyx & Panther. Hannah, Ursena, Alfrike, Kageburado only come to play during wars.
  • Similalry, 2nd Ariel waits while Esme & AleX get their scopes in that orderā€¦

People trashing Esme are mostly those who donā€™t have her = more of ranting than analysis = many reasons which are not difficult to understand & hence disregard !

Happy playing !

Not true. Those ā€œtrashingā€ her just say she is the worst healer in the game if fiends are not prevalent. That is true. Just a straight 40% heal in those cases with zero other benefits. Those ā€œtrashingā€ her also agree that she is among the best healers in the game against a team with fiends.

Spending the mats on her comes down to:

1. How often you face fiends
  2. How much you struggle against fiend teams now
  3. How long you think that the fiend meta will continue. Long enough to maximize her extreme niche use?
5 Likes

This is theoretical intellectualisationā€¦ waste of time by people who have nothing betterā€¦

How difficult is it to understand that Esme is meant for mainly the FIEND meta, so if you donā€™t like her donā€™t pay attention to herā€¦ simple as that !

Wanting her to be PERFECT Healer outside of Fiend meta is day dreaming bcoz, SG has made other MANY healers for that role, so WHY would they add same old same old again & again on every specific heal heroā€¦

Come on think a little !

3 Likes

Lol, this is what we all do here 80% of the time :smiley: Including the game, we play it because we have nothing better to do, when we have something better, weā€™ll go and do that ā€œsomethingā€ better :stuck_out_tongue:

I donā€™t do intellectual gymnastics here or anywhere = my experience of whatever I do is brilliant / real & cribbing is barely minimum, from which I learn & come out of.

This Esme topic shows me how much NARROW people see things, which the game is not going to change to fit things for NARROWness mindsets / expectations !

I learn from this space & engage to give back value from my understanding / experience !

Emotional outbursts lack intelligent rationale as many many PoVs show ! :wink: (including the above before yours) :rofl:

Theoretical intellectualization? I donā€™t think you know what that means. LOL.

Not difficult at all. This what everyone is saying. Thatā€™s ALL sheā€™s for. When the meta goes away so will she. How difficult is it to understand that?

Nobody wants her to be PERFECT outside of the fiend meta, but she should do something. ANYTHING else. She does nothing.

Ditto.

Yes. You are thinking very narrowly ONLY in the fiend niche. Everyone agrees sheā€™s a rockstar there! Outside of that niche sheā€™s garbage.

There is nothing to argue about here. Those are the facts. You agree, I agree, everyone agrees! Case closed. Ascend her knowing these factsā€¦or not.

4 Likes

I will say that if you have two of Ludwig, Quenell, and Wolfgang then sheā€™s definitely worth ascending for the undispellable chance for Ludwig/Quenell/Wolfgang.

2 Likes

Been testing out Esme at 3/70. you basically have to wait to get hit by a fiend make before you can really utilize her special. That timing isnā€™t always ideal. Pretty much most cases i needed to use her special before any fiends had actually hit me.

I think Esme last part of her special would be much more better like this:

• all allies immune to new Fiends for 4 turns.
8 Likes

Case in point here, is that there are very few healers in this game that are niche. I can only maybe think of ratatoskr as a niche healer, or maybe alexandrine. But even those 2 have some use outside their speciality.
Other than those 3, all healers can basically do general support, and these extra stuff is here to support the team throughout the match. If a healer doesnā€™t do anything else other than heal, then itā€™s quite useless. I have refrained from using the word ā€˜garbageā€™ when referring to her outside of fiends for a long time because I want to be civil. But until they fix her healing, she will be that.
Regarding fiends meta, I donā€™t know how much hype this format still has. The new Jan hotm is also a fiend spawner with quite powerful fiends, but heā€™s slow and conditional. So weā€™ll see. But oops, guess I canā€™t critique that hero because I donā€™t own him yet and Iā€™m a theorist for doing it :smirk:

3 Likes

Imagine me playing this game for close to 3 years and my only way to find a heroā€™s worth is to personally pull it and use precious mats on it just to prove a pointā€¦

@Samantha7 if you would have read my posts you would know that i have both Alexandrine and Esme. I tested Esme on 3.70. Yes there are tons of fiends during wars now, especially since we mostly face red tanks now and at no point i rejected her use against fiends.

My practical experience though has let me come to the conclusion that even in a fiend meta she has a tough place because most of the times when i needed her special to go off, i did not find enough tiles and when i found enough tiles there where no fiends. So its a bit difficult to time her especially if you use her as your mainhealer. More often then not i needed her heal when no fiends were there.

Its a bit like C-Gormek and Gobbler (both are indeed way way worse cause their special needs minions to do at least anything) in terms of timing.

You propably need to pair Esme with an additional Healer with cleanse in case of a morel/frigg hit before eliza goes off. That is the reason i am not completely sold on her.

Edit:
She would be way more interesting if her buff would be unconditional or as mentioned already gets at least anything that makes her valuable outside of a fiendsmeta. I mean we got heroes like bera that completely lock off minionsā€¦

2 Likes

At the lower tiers of raiding (<2400), Iā€™d imagine Esme would seem quite useless to you since you probably never face the teams rocking Liz/Hannah/Senan/Motega either individually or even comboā€™ed together. Once youā€™re past 2400, these heroes become quite common, especially Liz and Hannah. This is definitely true in war as well as those two are on many defense teams.

I pulled an Esme the first day of the event. While I agree she is quite niche, Iā€™ll most likely commit the scopes in the next month or two after we see whats coming down the pipeline.

1 Like

When facing a fiend team you still have to be careful of firing off your healers before the fiends come. Worse thing to do is fire off your healer and Elizabeth hits you with slow mana and you will never recover or you hold off on the heal then cleanse the fiends and get no actual health as it all goes to the fiends. This is a massive improvement over that for sure. She may have a limited shelf life if you get lucky enough or your rich enough to guarantee you get the other anti fiend heroes coming out. There is that saying though about a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush and think that most definitely applies here.

1 Like

Absolutely true. I just consider my options and let the Community know what is going through my head. I propably will max her aswell but cause i am at a point in the game where i donā€™t need to level a 5* anymore just because its a 5* i list pro and cons for myself and gather input from others. Currently i donā€™t feel the need to give scopes to her cause i can reliably counter Fiends with my current roster.

Others might be in a different or even similar situation thats why we share opinions here.

1 Like

Understood and similar situation. I pulled her and donā€™t think I will level her because I havenā€™t seen too many fiends in our opponents for the wars. Even though they are all over diamond that isnā€™t enough motivation for me either. Depending how things go in the next couple months she might be deserving. It helps that I just finished levelling Xnolphod and my second Garnett!

GiZmO, thanks very much for your elaborate explanation. I understand what you are saying and yes, you are right, I can see the problems I might encounter with Esme.
I will level her nevertheless and then Alexandrine. I will post how I get on with them.

Good Lord, this conversation is so unnaturally civilised, am I on the right forum? :wink:

Itā€™s also very interesting, as I have Alexandrine currently heading for last ascension and Esme waiting to start. Iā€™m in two minds at the moment whether to park Alex at 3.70 and work Esme up to the same level before committing scopes (I have 8).