šŸ° Esme ā€“ 5* Ice/ Blue from Clash of Knights

Agree with the review, funny too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yea, and ironically the only person who cares is you.

Okay, since youā€™re so ā€˜you ainā€™t know anything because you donā€™t own the heroā€™ and Iā€™m one of those theorists snobs you have labelled me, why donā€™t you post videos here about you using her outside of fiends? I would love to see you using her as I can analyse her worth in a fiendless battle much better. Iā€™m serious, I could learn something as well. Maybe my opinions are wrong, who knows :man_shrugging: Since I canā€™t get an Esme to save my life and canā€™t do it myself as well.

Thanks for the congratulations. Oh not at all, Iā€™m not one of those complainers who dump money into this game, not get a 5* and cry foul over the game cheating me of my money, because itā€™s my choice. Donā€™t worry about it. Enjoy your esme too :slight_smile: however youā€™re going to use her.

1 Like

This hero is the best healer to have if the enemy has a fiend hero. The hero is the worst healer to have if the enemy doesnā€™t have a fiend hero. Pretty much facts.

2 Likes

The dawa blessing is real. Last springvale, I brought 4 ehts. First one was already dawa, and I knew the goddess dawa has come and blessed me. Next pull, squire Wabbit, third pull. Woolerton, the sheep has evade me and I got like 6 jacks already from before. The last pull, killhare. This is the miracle of what goddess dawa could do

2 Likes

:rofl: I also got Esme from a Dawa pull :smiley: Maybe they just have something special going on between the two of them

I donā€™t believe Dawa will bless me. I have said too many unkind things about her.

So I wish I had maxed Esmeā€™s about now. Almost every opposing team has at least 1 Liz or Hannah, and several have both.

4 Likes

:)) Maybe she will curse you then with Esme :wink:

About that - yes, I did get Esme as it happens. Also got Quenell, both 4* and both 3*, in only 26 summons. So either Dawa wasnā€™t all that cross or she was only in charge of handing out Esmes and had no say in what else I got.

As for Esme herself, sheā€™s queued behind Alexandrine for now. I would like to get her to 3.70 and see how she plays. Iā€™m thinking she could be fun, but in very limited circumstances that make it a wrench to use all those scopes.

1 Like

Sitting on 18 Scopes and still not sold on her. She only works great against Elizabeth when she was able to fire. So in any case where Eliza does not fire she is underwhelming and you would want another hero to take her place. However if Eliza goes of you need to have her ready, otherwise the manaslow kicks in and you will likely not get her off before you lose. She does not cleanse or dispel and in terms of healing there are 4* who can do the job as good as her but are way cheaper.

So overall it all comes down to her prime ability to remove fiends at medium speed. I have some concerns that this ability will not be consistant enough. :pensive:

2 Likes

Sheā€™s good against all fiend heros, but thatā€™s it. Hannah, Elizabeth, Senan, Motega, and a couple of 4* ones youā€™ll never see. I would not max her if I got her. With other anti-fiend heros coming out her days are numbered. There are other effective ways to counter them now.

2 Likes

I think itā€™s a fair critique to say that sheā€™s good against fiend summoners, but very lackluster in all other circumstances. I donā€™t think people are being unreasonable to ask that if a hero is so niche that she really only counters two defenders (particularly paywall defenders that are going to be relatively uncommon outside of top raids and wars) that she either has a secondary effect that gives her moderate utility elsewhere or (preferably, imo) the smaller the niche that a hero fits the stronger her effect should be in that niche. Instead of just disappearing, maybe one copy of each type of fiend removed should be flipped back to the original caster (possibly at half effectiveness).

Doing either would certainly help non-whales justify giving her those ever rare 4* mats.

4 Likes

Here is my rework of her that makes her stand out as a fiend counter

• destroy all fiends on all allies

• all allies recover 28% health

• the health of all destroyed fiends is added as boosted health to its owner

• all allies are immune to damage and effects from minions and fiends for 3 turns

As a more effective fiend counter I added boosted health if she destroys fiends to punish fiend spawners properly. I also added in her resisting opposing minion damage for more inclusivity. Minions on the enemy side are technically considered as fiends after all.

And the thing is she doesnā€™t even need a complex fiend countering mechanic, what she has is quite sufficient as a fiend counter. She just simply needs more healing.
40% is just too low for what sheā€™s doing. If she can heal the range of 48% to 60%, she can stand out as the healer that heals more than the average healer even outside of fiends. She has no cleanse/dispel or other general support, so she can make it up with her superb healing

I donā€™t know that I care for the prospect of losing 12% guaranteed healing (~175hp) for the potential of 300-400 hp per minion stripped.

Boosting her initial heal to like 55% guaranteed and leaving her otherwise as-is is something I could certainly get on-board with.

My iteration destroys the fiend first, so the healing is not affected. Then boosts additional health depending on how many fiends she has

Yeah 55% healing is great. And thatā€™s honestly enough for her to stand on her own outside of a fiendless battle. Heck I would pull for her because of that massive heal

I kind of wanted to chime in on Esme. For an early to mid tier player I might consider not ascending Esme and or Alexandrine. Personally if starting the game from the beginning I would seriously consider taking up all 4 star healers (3 in each colour) including costumes of course as the depth and development is super important. A limit broken 4 star healer when mats are super important should be used for high level 5 stars that we encounter in our rosters for depth of wars. Work on your troops, stacks of healers and relevant 5 star heros for wars and raiding. Hopefully you find the right answer as every roster is player specific. Best of luck in whatever you decide!! Cheers

2 Likes

Indeed she already is good as fiend-counter if anything she needs to be tuned so she provides any even minor value outside of a fiend-meta.

• Boosted Heal
  • Clean/Dispel
  • Defense against all elements (cause you know she is an archmage) or any other buff beside minionprotection
1 Like

Seeker, absolutely agree with you. Pulled her and am very happy. Every time a new hero comes out that isnā€™t totally in your face, the forum screams ā€˜another useless hero by SGā€™. Lol.

If only dreams could come true :rofl: & horses could fly :rofl:

If she has cleanse / debuff or boosted health or anything additionalā€¦.then previous healers wonā€™t be neededā€¦ + all would be running around the forum calling her super OP causing imbalance.

I have her, find her well designed for the purpose & have NO COMPLAINTS
Bcoz
I understand that ONE hero canā€™t have it allā€¦. Thankfully SG understands that much !

2 Likes

One hero canā€™t have it all?

Vivica: heal, clean, defbuff
Lidenbrock: heal, clean, overheal
Ariel: heal, clean, manabuff
Raffaele: heal, clean, heal over time
Kunchen: heal, clean, defdown
Milena: heal, clean or damage, dispel
Ratatoskr: heal, tiledamagebuff/debuff
Tellu: damage, hot, minions, manadebuff
Guin: hot, defbuff, manacut
C-Rigard: HoT, clean, attackbuff
C-Melendor: Hot, Defbuff, Dispel

Killing fiends is a conditional and situational ability while nearly each healer in the game provides some unconditional value beside the raw healing.