Erlang Shen - 5* Holy / Yellow from Journey family

Yes, I think it’s working as intended. But it’s nice to see that LaLo can put it on the opposite team. Now, if they have Annabelle on the team and fire her special next. Wow.

1 Like

This may well have been covered (I am not going to go through all the posts here because I don’t have this hero) but whenever Erlang’s original attack down is replaced with a different attack down the massive damage to opponents occurs. This happened to me when C C Viv’s attack down replaced his attack down and I got hit with 700+ damage.

This is a really, really powerful skill is you can synergise it with other attack down heroes on your team.

3 Likes

Even Erlang Shen himself makes this happen. I mean, when his attack down replaced by himself, 700+ damage will be dealt. Here are the screenshots from war hits video (not mine) on Utube.

3 Likes

Which is cool! But the chances of triggering him again within 3 turns is a bit low. But pairing him with a different attack down hero (preferably in yellow) is devastating and quite simple to pull off

1 Like

Yes. And if you have 2 Erlang Shens, you can make this happen with 7 yellow titles. He is such a powerful hero.

3 Likes

BTW, I’m a bit curious why some status effect damages are boosted by emblem & troops and the others are not. We can clearly see Erlang Shen’s can be boosted 502 to over 700. We know Gullinbursti’s can also be boosted. BTW, Queen Guowang’s 525 damage (from dispelled Vengence) can’t be boosted by emblem (plus attack) or troops. How about El Naddaha? Her 200 damage (from attempted buff) can’t be boosted, either. You can’t find any principle or coherence in this issue.

3 Likes

Has anyone tested him with Hanna? I assume if you fire Erlang first then Hanna, it will overwrite and cause Erlangs secondary damage. But after that 1st time, does that completely eliminate his secondary damage (assuming Hanna’s fiends never get removed)?

1 Like

This guy is broken, the cleanse damage is too much
And the fact that they’re buffing his stats gives a hint at whats coming. Greedy company

Use myztero and give him a taste of his own medicine

1 Like

Oh you got jokes I see. Lol

I run this guy with Rhys and Anne in my most powerful team. Rhys heals/atk up, Anne fires, Erlang fires. Now five tiles is enough if they are mana-boosted for a second volley, PLUS, if someone was hit by both Anne and Erlang and survived, and now fires: 1) their atk is not that dangerous because of atk down 2) their special with activate Anne’s ailment which gives atk down and the bonus from Erlang kills then off

1 Like

I’m not even joking, myz is one of the solid ways to counter this guy. Because if you can’t beat him, join him. Myztero with snow-white, they’ll nuke Erlang together. On equalizer it’s even better, he nukes himself and his entire posse, with myz lifting half a finger

3 Likes

Shocked this guy doesn’t have a balance poll. He is OP on defense with the ability to damage on cleanse

Not just on cleanse but on overwritten debuffs as well. I have died because he fired and one of my heroes attacked a s5 hero and the passive triggered to inflict attack down and the hero took the 800+ damage from Erlang’s special. That isn’t right and there’s no way around it. In many situations, it’s a damned if you do, damned if you don’t, unwinnable fight.

2 Likes

Ya, I think those who usually post nerfs didn’t fight against him in wars. I agree, his skill gets triggered by everything, so there are no escape once he hits you. Meanwhile, your teams can’t confirm kill due to att-down.

Erlang shen should not be triggered by war field effects and other att-down debuffs.

the reason he hasn’t been nerfed is because he just debuted not too long ago. a lot of people spend money to have him

He was released before Aramis, yes?

You can’t even transfer ailments back from lady Loki without getting damaged, it is how ridiculous this ailment is

2 Likes

@PlayForFun would mind creating a balance thread?

1 Like

Stop it, this hero isnt OP and he dont need balance. Just use hathor, garnet, emilio, grazul or something and he just hit… nothing more… better - Use ursena and he did absolutely nothing.

6 Likes