Erlang Shen - 5* Holy / Yellow from Journey family

i don’t think @Bai_Ming @BaiMingCG who drew this erlang shen character as erlang is looks lack of details and the art not looks too appealing

Try my tactic.

Press with your left hand finger on left side of screen to pull and right hand finger push on right side of screen at the last split second before it would auto throw you hero :slight_smile:

not kidding!

2 Likes

I was lucky enough to get this guy on my 7th pull yesterday.
Interestingly, after he granted an atk down, overwriting it with another atk down(such as C2Viv, sekhmet’s ability) instantly dealt additional damage.
btw, put him with LB+20 + lvl29 troops and the extra damage goes up to 755.

5 Likes

I tested this.
Yes, Matilda’s fiends increased the extra damage from Erlang’s skill.

2 Likes

That’s insane. That’s 755*1.5 = 1,133 damage to 3 targets if the attack debuff is cleansed or overwritten!

1 Like

While this setup looks strong on paper, it takes 1 turn for Matilda’s fiends to apply a 1.5x damage debuff, and we need to actively remove atk down if the opposing team doesn’t have a cleanser. So we have to fire C2Viv, Ana-Belle, Snow White, Sekhmet and other heroes in the correct order.
Still, we can defeat up to 3 enemies, so using x2 C.Panther (or x3 fast hit 3 of the same color) is faster and more powerful than preparing such a troublesome procedure.

1 Like

Alliance mate turbo leveled and put him on defense and there were lots of stories of frustration in chat. Seems like a pretty good unit to have.

1 Like

Erlang Shen is not designed by me. I designed it so that only the set of masquerade heroes are not online.

1 Like

Yes, agree. This Er-lang Sheng is not as majestic as it should be. Also, Er-lang Sheng supposed to have a Xiao-tian quan (a celestial dog) besides him, which is lacking in this artwork. I am kind of surprised that the dog appeared besides Jan HOTM and not beside Er-lang Sheng.

Next, I believe SG will be slowly releasing more heros from this Journey to the West Family.

There are still Sun Wukong, Pigsy Ba-jie and a Monk Sa-sheng and the most important character Monk Tang Xuan-zhang.

Let’s keep our eyes open to look out for more heros form this Journey West Family. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t want to be a spoiler, but deep down in my mind, I did think of such:

1. Monk Tang - A Yellow healer
  2. Sun Wukong - A hit with Mindless Attacks
  3. Pigsy Bajie - A slow but stronge damage dealer
  4. Monk Sa-sheng - A Dark hero with perhaps element changing abilities.

Note: All the above are just my dreams… Nothing official from SG and I don’t speak on behalf of SG too. In the end, we may not even have such Journey West Family heros. hahahaha.

The odds to pull a Hunter hero is so low that high chance I will get a lot of ‘sorrow’ from pulling all the 3* feeders, rather than Sorrow herself. Hahaha.

Exactly. A lot of players make the game much more complex. Just try to form a team with elemental defense down and kill 3 with 7-8 tiles. All that fancy “scenarios” require more tiles which is the main reason players lose on offense. Just assume the tiles are scarce so make them count.

2 Likes

Lol, quite ironic when you think of it

1 Like

I found it very funny that players are debating over designed)looks and appearance of the card… MAN ! Does it really matter how the card looks like it won’t going to change anything… all matter for me is stats and special written on card, if card have good special I’m happy no matter how’s the appearances :grin:

3 Likes

one of the best aspect of this game actually the arts and special animation

3 Likes

yea your probably right

The art is a significsnt part of the theatre of this game. Erlang Shen stands out a bland peice of work. Theres not much more I can say, he looks boring and his mechanic is boring.

3 Likes

Um, yes it actually does matter a lot, especially when this is an established character. If this was an original hero, whatever. This just screams lazy, cash grab, not doing research on their part to make sure he is aesthetically correct, etc.
The special is borderline OP though

3 Likes

Do you mean like this @Tidyup …?

3 Likes

You have to realize Wot3K comes from source material and literature that has been around for hundreds of years.

It’s like releasing a Zeus card but it looks like Icarus.

Or a Superman card, but looks like Robin.

6 Likes