⚖️ Erebus - 5* Fire / Red from Tower of Styx

Just tested him against different minion makers on friendly battles. Still broken! Second and third charge they gave minions to everyone ! I’ll trade the buff for a fix :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I’ve got mixed feelings regarding the recent buffs, the passive change is good, the family change is a mixed bag, it’s probably better for Erebus specifically but maybe worse for the other Styx heros … it’s situational of course I’ll give it a neutral rating lol.

The changes to Erebus … It feels like the absolute minimum effort was put into his buff, it’s great he does more damage but as per what’s already been highlighted by everyone else, that’s not what the problem with the hero is.

If he is supposed to fill a niche as a minion counter, he fails at that, Alucard blows him out of the water so to speak in this niche as do others, he needs to at the very least destory minions on the nearby targets and/or block summoning on the 1st charge. The other special skill charges need to do more ie. bypass counter attack, steal minions, heal allies, hit nearby enemies … I’ll leave that up to the game developers but he needs “something spicey” added to charge 2 & 3.

As he is, he is pretty much a sniper and nothing else, a pretty good sniper but not really deserving of the 5* category … I’m not convinced a sniper is the greatest starting point for a hero who is supposed to be a minion counter in the first place.

I think you need to decide what Erebus is suppose to be, if he is a sniper change the minion stuff out for something else, if he is a minion counter give him the ability to counter minions from charge 1 which means at the very least destorying minions from multiple enemies.

All this is just my opinion of course.

5 Likes

Like nemesis all that’s needed is the minion spawning prevention on the 1st charge. It’s a no brainer.

2 Likes

The hero card now contains the latest balance changes.

1 Like

It’s a pity cuz with the influx of all the heavy minion summoners (M & M, Set, etc) we need a minion preventer rather than a minion remover as we have a few of them. They’ve missed an opportunity to release a decent hero if applied & executed correctly. Alas, hoping they actually read & listen to Erebus’s comments is probably a little too much to hope for !!

3 Likes

Worst part is it doesn’t do what the card says. 2 and 3 charge doesn’t prevent the caster from spawning minions to all. Just prevents minion to itself and takes damage from the other minions. But that’s not whats written in the card. 12 tiles to kill 1 and no added benefits. Let’s say Hulda goes off. Erebus removes her minion and a good hit and the rest have 54% defense and 24% mana while healing. Prevents nothing

4 Likes

I hear ya !! He’s a joke !! A buff opportunity & they waste it with only increasing his attack ?? Cuz like it was the attack % that was waaaay too low !!! I really do wonder if they even bother with reading these comments. They say they do but do they really??? Erebus is a case & point!! Nemesis affects mana on all charges & is similar to Erebus so why Nemesis gets the mana ailment on all charges but Ere doesn’t???

5 Likes

This is the response from customer support (LOL!) a few days ago:

Thanks for getting back to us about Erebus.

As we previously mentioned, we are working on the fix for this Hero. We understand that the delay is inconvenient and we are hoping to have this fixed in a future version release. Unfortunately, some fixes take longer than others and that is why this wasn’t resolved in the most recent update.

I assure you, this is a priority and will be resolved as quickly as possible.

5 Likes

Just pulled her and got super excited, took her at 1/1 against an M&M tank and fired only to realize 1st shot didn’t prevent spawn… :cry:

3 Likes

I got the same canned response. Copy paste. Total bs :roll_eyes:
They re working on it and it was a high priority a month and a half ago. Check is in the mail :mailbox_with_mail:

3 Likes

Please update the card screenshot, there is 150 damage for attempt to summon minion, but in text and game 200 :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Please fix the hero. Minions are still being summoned by targets even when they’re dead !!! That’s like some sort of unexpected ability. Summon from the Grave ???

2 Likes

This is a known bug from day 1, when released. Erebus is maybe the Jade of this portal.
Let’s hope they fix it soon

Happy gaming

I took him to 3-70 intending on ascending him, then I discovered his flaw & have chosen Isrod instead.

He’s a dud. They know he is and didn’t fix him on the second go round in if the portal. Not expecting anything. Already gave up the emblems to Alfrike.

1 Like

What is the bug?

Is it when the target is killed, 3 turns later the status effect clears so they can then summon from dead?

No. If for example an enemy has been hit by Erebus’s 2x tier special & then subsequently try’s to summon 5 minions for its allies & dies from the 1st 3 minions because of Erebus’s special then the last 2 minions will be summoned to the dead enemies allies which shouldn’t happen seeing as the enemy summoner is dead !!!

2 Likes

just maxed Erebus to 4-80, have only emblems to unlock 4 talent nodes… well, I just need to accept that he (she) is a descent sniper and that is it. anti minion part is too situational and too unreliable. shame. buff they make should have gone into direction to provide some useful buff/ailment on first charge. upping his damage is not that appealing
and I hope they will make some change to his animation, that wiggling orb looks like :poop::smile:
now I’m regretting not putting my rings into Ruby :neutral_face:

1 Like

Ruby is s movie star ! She is still one of the best ninjas and heroes of the game. She worths the Mats and LB !

I have Erebus and I don’t plan to ascend it if this hero is not fixed and / or buffed

2 Likes

U choose Erebus over Ruby !!! Shame on u !!!

1 Like