Ep please help. Teams too strong

My experience of this doesn’t equal yours. Lots of frustration among both the stronger and the weaker groups due to differences. For instance on Titans (which of course is one of the things in this game that isn’t about mixing strength).

Our experience is, indeed, different.

Ensuring that players of different strengths work together to take down titans is, I think, one of the joys of the game. (Disclaimer: I hate titans. I love raids.) The stronger players dominate the higher damage grades, but the weaker players benefit from taking down stronger titans than they could in an alliance of peers. Perhaps more importantly, they get to learn a bit about what works and what doesn’t.

Could of course be nice if it works and my home alliance is like that (Sweden Global Army). Mix of ppl that played for nearly 3 years and those that just started. Let’s say it’s casual to the max :slight_smile:! Lots of frustration tho as there is always someone (or a lot) forgetting their war hits and titan flags.

But I’m facing 14*s and we kill em all and then everyone needs to be more “birds of a feather” cuz otherwise the weak get drained and leave, or the strong get irritated with the burden and leave.

Sounds like my alliance is more like your home alliance: we take down 12* titans now and then as a mix of stronger and weaker players. I would hate for a change in war mechanics to encourage us to break apart from each other.

I see so many complaints about the way the game mechanics has changed but I just don’t see it. I fill one, sometimes two, raid chest a day. Plus AW, plus tournaments, I am probably doing up to 100 raids a week. I don’t see any consistent changes in the game mechanics from what it was months ago. RNG doesn’t change. RNG is RNG. If anythign changes it’s the way RNG is applied. Again, I do not see any changes when I play. Trust me :laughing:.

Yes, teams are becoming tougher with emblems and family bonuses and costume bonuses. That works both ways. You are ALWAYS playing catch-up in the game.

2 Likes

I agree with you about most things. But the concern I have isn’t about raids, rng aso cuz there you can use your best heroes over and over. Its about AW and the increasing gap between defense and attacker. The catch-up isn’t working so to speak :slight_smile: . It will of couse soon even out, when more of the attackers get emblems and the def is full at +20

That’s a function of individual players’ priorities and strategies. If your prefer raids (like me) and war defence, then you probably concentrate your emblems on just a few of your heroes. If you want to make your war attack teams as strong as possible and be as effective as you can against titans, then you probably spread those emblems around a bit.

I think it’s good that there is room for different approaches to the game.

4 Likes

Strangely enough AW is where I have the most success with mono.

4 Likes

I hate you. Mono kills me whenever I use it in wars, but now I must try it again.

6 Likes

LOL If it helps I get destroyed using it in raids :laughing:

3 Likes

I don’t think your wrong on some of your points bud. Too me it is obvious they have put in some “controls” in AW. Meaning, I don’t think they ever “fixed” the match up mechanism so now it’s like if a war team gets too far behind or ahead it effects players hits too easily win or horribly lose to keep the war scores within a range. I’m positive they “vary” it in some way. It is very frustrating and feels like it’s all in “the control” of SG not the player choices or tunes. Every War you can read it in the chat how “someone had no chance-horrible war” and thinking of quitting. Then the next war they are 5/6 and it’s someone else’s turn to score minimum points no matter what they do… but hey we won or loss buy just 200 points “so it was a good match up”… SG quit trying to “fix stuff” all your doing is making wars not fun

Maybe it’s down to war matching, war mechanics, player team selection, player board play, and luck. Nothing nefarious really required.

Simply start to enjoy losing as much as winning and you’re done. :rofl:

3 Likes

As my dad always said, “losing builds character”. Usually as he beat me in a game I had just taught him how to play.

2 Likes

The real problem here is that the defense teams are getting heavy emblems and not all of your raid attacking teams will have emblems, so they are at a disadvantage.

I personally don’t have a problem with this. Why do I need to win every attack in every war, isn’t that boring as well?

If SG did want to fix this, they could:

1. Remove the defense buff in wars, like field aid, arrows, boost
  2. Remove any innate boost
  3. Make it undesirable to use the same defensive team each war.

Personally I’d like wars to have more flavor and character, and see more variety in tanks used. My idea is below.

5 Likes

I have been dealing with the heavily emblems defense teams in war and raids and definitely feel your frustration, however I decided that the most important thing to do was figure out how many emblems my attackers needed to not be one shot by +18 emblem + 30 troops. Once you figure out what level your attackers need to be to survive these type of attacks you can figure out how to emblem your heroes on offense to counter. I’m in a top 2k alliance but we are far from the top 100 and that’s fine. We have c2p and ftp and to be in the top 2k says we know what we are doing and we will continue to grow together. WITH THE EMBLEMS BEING WHERE THEY ARE CERTAIN COLOR TANKS are an issue as I built strong to counter the blue tank trend, but I’m unfortuantley low against purple or yellow. That sucks and that’s fine certain wars I’m well prepared and others i need to prepare my teamates to shine as im not strong in those colors. My score, love it on the color tanks I’m prepared for but for the ones I’m not it’s my job to make sure my teamates shine by leaving high level cleanups for them. Wars may be harder but it’s for everyone and being able to stay at a constant scoring range means my skill is where I need to be.

It sucks that you are seeing good friends go that can be hard, but you yourself said you want to go to lower alliances means yiu still like the game you just dont like being stuck in the top echelon requirements and that’s good. Means that you see the value of people enjoying themselves and not feeling pressured to perform.

Higher up you get more people like to critique things. When i have a rough go at a war and we lose, I come into chat and apologize for my score being ■■■■, because my alliance mates deserve that. Rng or not we are expected to perform on the strength of our rosters and all that ima go mono nonsense is good that’s it’s being hit hard becaus this game wasn’t meant for that in the first place.

Being number 1 even once says you have learned all there is to know and did it with a group and no one will ever be able to take that from you

5 Likes

Completely off-topic here, but seeing your post, I figured maybe you’ll agree with this: 🧭 First Path of Valor Log and Discussion – Starts February 3 - #1154 by bobiscool

On topic: Sorry, can’t empathize cuz I’m not at that level yet. But i can understand, it’s not easy making a game of chance into a strategy game.

@Fredster On the topic of rotating defense, I think it’s a good idea too, since right now there’s no use for more than a single tank hero; other tanks are effectively pointless/useless.

I have a couple of possible suggestions to ameliorate @Brobb’s point about how it’s bad for weaker players with thin benches:

1. Only two rotations; 1 defense team for the first half, 1 for the second half of the AW just like how you get 3 extra hits half-way through;
  2. Weekly rotations; a defense team can only be used once every 4 weeks; so you need 4 defense teams, you can choose which week to use which team; but you can only use your best one once a month. This has another advantage of adding an additional dimension of planning and strategizing on when to use which team for alliances who like that kind of activity.
  3. Optional rotation; currently, default is 6 AW flags per player per war; but if you set two defense teams, you get 7 flags, 3 defense teams 8 flags, and so on. Of course, you only get the extra flag once your team actually dies and gets replaced by the next team.

Suggested that a year ago and it was sneered at and ignored. Still think it would make war so much more interesting.

This thread is a delight :grin::grin::grin:. Made me laugh out loud :grin::grin::grin:. Player with 50 fully leveled 5* heroes complaining wars are hard :grin::grin::grin: How about the rest of us, mare mortals that struggle against impossible odds every day? Of course, if I posted this thread, it would have been overflowing with the “stop whining, you’re not supposed to win anyway” usual B.S. :grin::grin::grin: Wonderful! Please, tell me some more about how wars are hard :joy::joy::joy:

17 Likes

I absolutely agree. I mean i could never imagine a p2w player is going to complain that he can’t fight other p2w players. After tons of spent money, heroes that 90% of E&P players will never have, tons of emblems (compared to rest mortals of us) and you see complaints - Wow.

What about rest of the people in the game (f2p and c2p)? How do you think we cope fighting p2w players? If you guys are complaining what should other mortals do? You can’t actually expect winning all the time in this game, can you? You expect spending tons of money getting advantage of 99% of other players but you don’t like it when others do it? Errm…what?

So instead of fighting people that are close to your power, you decide to move lower and trash 3800-4000 TP people only to feel strong…Nice. Good luck, have fun at this :slight_smile:

2 Likes