Enough already

Talk with your wallet.
stop spending and using MV, quit, or seek some counseling for other salient issues that may be contributing to your stress.
Continuing to do the same thing and expecting a diff result is the definition of lunacy.

4 Likes

That means quitting :wink:
But thanks for the advice

3 Likes

I think most people will hit a point when choosing another path is the best choice.

Good luck.

Regardless of what others may say, only you can make this assessment. Kudos to you.
All the very best for your future endeavours!

5 Likes

If you are having a bad day then much like any Vice this game will probably only increase that. A poor board becomes a source of annoyance, then of anger. A 10 pull with no 5* is daylight robbery and every chest with no4* mat is the game laughing at you.

If Iā€™m having a rough day I wonā€™t play this until Iā€™ve gotten out of my funk tbh, especially war hits. A bad day and a rough war is going to induce phone throwing rage Iā€™d imagine.

So if itā€™s gotten to that point then yep, time to quit. Itā€™s not going to get better but really this game only increases feelings already there. A good day is made all the better when you get that great pull, or that 4* mat you needed from a Titan. A bad day ainā€™t going to get better from that for long. Positive spikes of happiness donā€™t last long after all.

My mate who plays this always expects the worst and this games loves shovelling him that. He has pretty crazy summoning luck as well but still complains. Just part of the human condition I guessā€¦

1 Like

Most of what is left of the community, does majority counter attack complaint posts. Because most of the players who are unhappy have tried to express their grievances, and be met with ā€œdonā€™t like it, go away then.ā€ And the smart ones did exactly that - they went away. Theyā€™re gone. Theyā€™re not sticking around to give consolations to others who are unhappy, or to provide challenging counterpoints to the ā€œSG can do no wrongā€ crowd. They up and decided, ā€œthis is a complete and total waste of my time, Iā€™m out of here.ā€

And who could blame them? Nobody would.

I was stupid enough to stay in the fight for as long as I did. I still play the game casually as a F2P with the realization that itā€™s an RNG based pay-to-gamble :poop: show, and I no longer give a :poop: about my trophies or events or whatever blah blah nonsense that I have absolutely no control over, and never did have control over.

I really wanted SG to listen, and do something to try to make this a better game, but itā€™s hard to hear complaints when youā€™re drowning in a massive pile of money. They just crumple up a few hundred dollar bills and stuff them in their ears, suddenly they hear nothing! Except for a distant ringing noiseā€¦ what is that? The cha-ching of the cash register.

That is the reality of the game, and the forum. The reality is that none of them care about you or your petty complaints. Once upon a time, some members here tried to stage a rebellion. And we lost. Many of us were imprisoned, some executed. Many self-executed, feeding their rosters to Aife. The war is lost, our complaints fall on deaf ears, resistance is futile. The Great Gacha machine roars on, shredding vast fortunes along with peoplesā€™ hopes and dreams. And not a single duck is given by anyone anywhere.

12 Likes

Understand that frustrating feeling. We are not full time player, we also need to work, take care to family, socializingā€¦ etc, but still willing to put quit a lot of time on this game. Sometime just want to have joy and acheivment from the game after a day of hard work, but what we usually get is frustration rather than fun, and the shameful is, most of the frustration is cause by poor game mechanic, nerfed loot and terrible summoning odds, which was mentioned by many many players on this forum.

Does devs really makes the game to better game / life balance ? Yes, but for them only IMHO.

Agree on that itā€™s time to stop a while or totally quit if the game deliver frustration more than joy.

7 Likes

Enjoying the game now. I finally have a decent stable of heroes and more to ascend, but enough to have fun with that I can be patient on those. Donā€™t feel the need to spend money anymore and Iā€™m in coast mode.

2 Likes

Yup. Thatā€™s the spirit. I swear, I have an alliance member who is in this game since 2017, purely F2P, and as such, doesnā€™t have the prized heroes most in the leaderboards have, but every now and then, he scores 6 out 6 one-shot hits in our wars.

3 Likes

One of our allianceā€™s long-standing members didnā€™t score a single one-shot in the last 4 wars. This morning he committed harakiri by cannibalism.

Iā€™m gonna pour one out for him tonight. :beers: I hope heā€™s in a better place now.

8 Likes

I completely get where heā€™s coming from. This kind of thing makes you feel like the biggest loser, while at the same time youā€™re utterly powerless to do anything about it. And that sucks.

1 Like

Ahhhā€¦a classic rage quit.

Letā€™s hope the regret doesnā€™t come from that and tomorrow he wakes up happy with the decision.

1 Like

Commiserationsā€¦ indeed, running into a streak of bad luck is terribly frustrating in large part because it makes you feel helplessā€¦ nothing that can be done. it can be really awful watching the board keep giving you dead tiles or watching the summon portal give an endless string of duplicate vanilla 3*sā€¦

sure, itā€™s a grind, but it can also be a frustrating grindā€¦

3 Likes

I agree

Empires is a live service game

Often live service games are totally different games from year to year

Because of sunk cost fallacy it is hard to leave a live service game

But Empires it not the game it was last year, and from Beta Beat, a lot more complexity is coming in the next 12 months including increasing merciless R N G ( looking at you Challenge event summons with Challenge heroes bypassing Challenge event reflect )

So it is very important with live service games to say

Do I enjoy changes made in last 12 months?

Will I enjoy changes advertised for coming 12 months?

5 Likes

I do get your frustration.

In my 2-1/2 years here on the forums I have seen many a :poop:show thread. Usually the split is close to even between those railing against the game and those pointing out the logical fallacies in the arguments. I have also seen the same users on both sides of the fence, depending on the argument.

I doubt there are many, if any, here thinking SG can do no wrong. I have certainly complained myself here while also arguing against the flawed arguments in other threads. But I also understand that I will have no influence over the gameā€™s direction.

I have never supported the gacha model here and I avoid it. I have never spent to chase a hero and I never intend to. I did buy the cheap VIP deal (Rudolph) a few times to get the second builder and I buy the gift your alliance gem deal for my alliance mates. I would love higher pull chances for 5* but the higher they are the shorter my time in the game would be. For me the attraction of the game is collecting the heroes (for free) and strengthening my bench.

Ultimately, if you are not enjoying playing the game then by all means you should seriously consider finding something else to do. Read a book, take a walk, collect stamps, learn origami ā€¦

And on that note, best of luck to the OP going forward, and stay safe and healthy.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s just itā€¦ I also like collecting the heroes. Most of the games I play, if thereā€™s something to be obtained, I want it. And Iā€™m happy to grind for it.

In this game? I grind and grind and grind, and what do I get? A thousand Dawas. I get maybe one good pull every 6 months. Thatā€™s annoying as hell! Why am I spending hours doing stupid Tavern of Legends and trying to collect Atlantis coins during AR just to summon yet another duplicate 3*? Thatā€™s supposed to be fun? Itā€™s not. Itā€™s irritating. Grinding is supposed to result in something. Summoning is supposed to result in something.

On here, I get the replies of ā€œwell you did get something, you got a Dawa, hurr durrā€

:man_facepalming:

I do have other hobbies other than this game, the only part keeping me in the game at this point is my alliance. I enjoy warring for the most part (when the wars are not ridiculously imbalanced), I enjoy chatting with and helping out my teammatesā€¦ happy to help kill a titan or two for a fellow member to get some sorely needed ascension mats, stuff like that. But also playing the role of alliance leader, I tried to take a brief break to focus on other games and hobbies that I actually enjoy, and mass chaos ensued.

ā€œOur captain has abandoned us! We have no leader! We are doomed, this is a dead alliance! Letā€™s loot the ship and scrap it for parts!ā€

Thatā€™s what happens when I donā€™t log in for 24 hours? Whatā€™s going to happen if I donā€™t log in for an entire week? Is someone going to hack my account and start harvesting my heroesā€™ organs? Start kicking out my longtime members and replacing them with my most vocal forum opponents? Change the name of the alliance to ā€œThe Pink Underoosā€ and set the alliance message to say ā€œFor a good time, call TGWā€™s mother at 867-5309ā€?

5 Likes

I feel you. Iā€™ve actually slowed way down on playing and even took myself out of war. Itā€™s not fun. The game is so coded anymore that before you even start a raid or war, it has the winner picked out. Itā€™s really unfortunate this is what itā€™s came too. Iā€™m gonna keep my game incase it goes back to being what it used to. But Iā€™m severely backing off.

3 Likes

I wanted to stop playing this game after 2 years but I canā€™t now cause I met people who became friends. And quitting this stupid game will make me feels like ending a passionate relationship. Lol

I donā€™t play anymore this game for fun, I only play this game for friends. And honestly, Iā€™m waiting for a new game that will bury empires & puzzles forever. Lol

3 Likes

Just pulled a 5* from tokens!!! Party round mine everyone :tada::confetti_ball:

2 Likes

I feel you, thatā€™s why I stop to put the money in the game and Iā€™ll keep that way because is becoming frustrating to donā€™t get any good hero and so on. I decide to pay music instead on Google music and to feel myself much better not frustrated. I think the time is coming for you as well to stop

1 Like