Enjoy Telly while you can

Here you seem to like pictures instead of words, let me help you:

1 Like

To be very honest. It depends on what your view of balancing is in the game.
Just changing Telluria, Vella and a few others wasn’t going to balance the game.
There are some free to play gamers that will say the S1 heroes need mega buffs for them to keep up with the Jones’s.
There are some players that will say the introduction of emblems ruined the game.
There are some that say you need to change who you can pull from TC20 etc etc
The list is probably going to be quite lengthy if SG is going to please everyone.
The main problem with Telluria was that she was presented as the HOTM so it made it much easier for people to pull her.
And because of that and the fact she is in a group of top 5 star tanks, you will see far more of her

5 Likes

I was referring to this statement. How does my number of cups come into the nerf Telly debate? :confounded:

2 Likes

@Sarah2

All good, ty for your thoughts!

I just ran through some rerolls myself, and it was 6/10 Telly, with 5 of them being all in a row. Maybe my perspective needs some rebalancing :crazy_face:

However, if you go look at the top 100, it’s clear that one tank reigns supreme.

3 Likes

If you’re raiding at low level of cups you don’t see her as often, because all the Telly teams filter upwards

Ahhhh… That’s another conversation altogether. Totally agree :+1:

1 Like

@Carl

This isn’t on topic or helpful. Let’s discuss on friendly terms.

6 Likes

Well, @Sarah2 showed her cups, up near 2700, which is the Telly-packed arena I’m talking about.

Are you seeing diversity like she’s pointing out at that level @Carl? I certainly didn’t feel I was as I typed the initial post…

4 Likes

My cups currently are 2666

I just did 21 rerolls and ran out of food

17 Telluria - 4 non Telluria

Very typical for me.

Maybe Sarah has a special charm in her pocket that in the shape of a cherry picker, I don’t know :man_shrugging: :cherries:

2 Likes

@Carl
I raid in 2500 to 2700+ trophies range.
And honestly if you had asked me before the nerf more or less every team was tanked by Telluria.
Since the nerf there is lots more variety and diversity.
We had similar discussion in the forum months and months ago about Guinevere who was a top tank. She got a minor nerf but was still a top tank.
And now following the introduction of new strong fast heroes I hardly ever see her in raid defence and only occasionally in war defence.
The same thing will happen to Telluria soon enough

4 Likes

@JGE

I will stand strong until that day, neighbor. Thanks for your replies!

1 Like

I think it’s only fair to expect it to take time for the Telly-dominance to work itself out. As several posters have noted, she’s still a very strong tank, and people who run her have put effort, emblems and cold hard cash into getting her there, so most won’t be in a huge hurry to swap her. It’s happening, but slowly. Mind you I’m somewhat lower level than you’re talking about - hanging a little above 2400 since Malosi took the shine off my beloved Black Knight, struggling up to 2600 or so from time to time. But the whales will also tire of the green one in a little while. It’s natural to like new shiny stuff. Let’s see what the next couple of months’ Valhalla releases have to offer, eh?

Edit: or pretty much what JGE said, except for the 2700+ trophies lol.

6 Likes

I played during that time, Guin never took up 95% of tanks, nor did Kunchen, nor Ares. They were strong but not dominating. Guin does a one time set back per use, you can time tiles around it, you can avoid colors until she fires then match them. You could work around it. Telly has a lasting effect that basically does not go away until she’s dead.

I didn’t want Telly nerfed to begin with, but I always knew that mana reduction is too strong. Alot of people suggested they remove it and leave her healing and minions intact, but they wanted to keep it.

I’ts not about the nerf, it’s that the nerf didn’t fix the issue, PLUS it made her suck at other things like healing.

Literally the worst of both worlds. Worst possible solution.

@Gorann

I thought the migration away from Telly would be faster, but…I’m being impatient…which is the opposite of what you need in this game. Diversity in raids, which is one of my fave things to do in this game - that’s what I want. If you think it’s coming, and I just need to wait…that’s what I’ll do. Happy gaming!

1 Like

I have to admit I’m agreeing with Sarah. This topic is very toxic! It seems like folks have a lot that their complaint about - Hero Academy, Alchemy Lab, weak HoTM, etc. you all seem to forget that it is just a game. Take it for what it is … a really fun game that I enjoying playing. Nothing more, nothing less. If folks happen to luck out and pull Telluria and are successfully using her as a tank, great! Enjoy! If they don’t have her, enjoy figuring out how to defeat her! Now, that would be a better topic to discuss!

3 Likes

I think calling things toxic to shut down conversations is toxic! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I guess I should have added, “IMO!” :wink:

2 Likes

@Carl

I don’t disagree that they missed the mark, both in how they handled it to begin with, and the resulting nerf (that inflicted on my beloved Vela as well).

I’m still more aimed at discussing the viable option of players willingly using an alternate tank, simply because it would be more fun for others to fight. If that logic doesn’t grip you, I’m not trying to convince you otherwise. I’m inviting like minded folks to hop on board.

2 Likes

@Carl

Wouldn’t you MUCH rather fight this team than the same one with Telly instead of Squirrel! No! The Squirrel brings you joy! You get to smash a Squirrel! Yay!

#BenchTelly

2 Likes

Totally understand the sentiment, but unfortunately it won’t work because it will just make the people NOT using her fall down in the rankings, and the ones who DO use her bubble upwards and it won’t change anything.

The core concept shows how completely defeated you are as a player, and I actually empathize with that. You’re basically going to the other team and saying “hey I know your quarterback is really good, maybe you could bench him for this season”. It’s pretty ridiculous and I’m frustrated that is where the game is now because of bad balance decisions.

You’re so frustrated, and unheard, that your hoping other players will show kindness by not playing the game a certain way. It’s crazy.

1 Like