šŸœļø End of an Era (Part 4) -- Season 5 Completion Thread

The third phase was great despite being very easy. I think SGG went for depicting Set as just having his Legions of Hell handed to him, judging by his sprite where his drones or whatever he has behind his back are in disarray and his special is also depowered significantly (90 poison damage to all? Lol).

More balanced than Moreau (at least before SGG removed his total immunity against debuffs that made most of heroes worthless against him), would be close to Ursena in terms of difficulty. His second phase can easily grant a Total Party Kill especially with HP Boosters, but heā€™s manageable.

Will do hard next time, as I still have plenty of Hard stages to complete, and donā€™t want any of currently featured heroes anyway (I have Set, Tetisheri is ok but not that enticing and got Thanatos and Cao Cao for blue so Hetepheres is out of picture as well). But would like to get Anubis whoā€™s hopefully next featured hero.

2 Likes

Can I add ā€œI beat Dr Moreau before immunity removalā€ to my CV?

1 Like

I did too, on Hard as well. With 3/70 Noor no less. But it was probably the most unfun Final Boss of Season in entire game.

1 Like

Iā€™m shocked they didnā€™t just release him too so that they didnā€™t have to linger too much over this portal outside of releasing another underwhelming Event with 15 mummies that drop everything except the coins.

Iā€™m definitely curious to know how much of a headache Iā€™ll endure when I get back here again on Hard Mode, which may or may not take too long, but I might wait out the months until the aforementioned Energy Reduction Event is added.

1 Like

Am only looking forward to that so that I can finish the avatar missions with less energyā€¦

One saving grace, as no season 6 is on the horizon, we should still be able to collect Dunes coins from wanted chests

3 Likes

Can you raise a support request about this 0 iron issue @JAWS_3D ?
(Staff said that to me this is needed for further investigation.)

Sure but Iā€™m not really hoping to get iron as a result of it :rofl: :rofl: got plenty of that. You want me to submit a ticket anyway?

1 Like

Done with hard too!

12 Likes

@PlayForFun response from SG:
ā€œThe rewards you receive from the map stages are random and unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that youā€™ll receive a specific number of items or a specific grouping of items each time one is completed.ā€

So ā€œworking as intendedā€ and I pulled a god roll on that stageā€¦like getting a 1 on a titan.

1 Like

As I see you have obbeyed Setā€™s order :slight_smile:
You have stopped :smiley:
But just too late for poor Set :slight_smile:

Congratulations for finishing it :slight_smile:

It seems a typical canned answer.
You can insist on someone to look at the screenshots as Iron should be fixed for anyone :slight_smile:

You can also send the bellow image from SGā€™s Staff about that they have asked you to contact support so that they can look at it:

1 Like

Came here to laugh at the boss for level 36-5ā€¦ Alpha Ammit. Thank goodness I took a look at his card, which I normally never do unless the special attack is a bxxch. Bring time stops and use your charged special attacks right away. Too funny.

The finale of the 5th season is a joke. I completed it on hard level using only 3-star cards, as shown in the video. Then I completed it using three 3-star cards on hard level. I didnā€™t record the whole thing, so I wonā€™t upload it.
The stage doesnā€™t provide any challenge. No challenge, no satisfaction. The extra rewards are nice, but it would be better if you had to work harder to get them. Thatā€™s my opinion.

4 Likes

I kind of feel like no one should be really surprised that the final fight can be beaten with 3* cards given that an amulet was released specifically to let you beat S5 fights with 3* (or 4* ) cards.

I mean, we can certainly have a discussion over whether releasing Crook and Flail was a good idea at all (and also only for the last part of S5), but thatā€™s a separate issue.

Of course, Setā€™s final form being a ā€œoh no I give upā€ kinda fight also seems weird to me, compared to other boss fights.

I guess I would have preferred +rewards instead of -difficulty ?

5 Likes

While trying to update portions of the wiki in relation to every Map Provinceā€™s featured enemies and bosses, I decided to also write out Final Boss Setā€™s Special Skills in a separate, offline document. I donā€™t wanna waste flags just to get back to that point, so I figured Iā€™d ask if anyone happens to remember what his second phase skill was and if it had any passives.

2 Likes

It is in the info in the original post behind the spoiler

Thanks for updating that resource for other players :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Greatly appreciated. I did NOT expect that (and will admit, didnā€™t think to check)! And sure thing! Itā€™s kinda fun, trying to keep track of everything in the game alongside a few other players that have also added to it!

1 Like

yes, another way of obedience :stuck_out_tongue: thank you @PlayForFun :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dr. Moreauā€™s boss battle was more annoying and frustrating than Set. He basically killed himself with the counterattack amulet. Moreauā€™s minions were a huge problem and required a specific set of heroes.

The Set boss battle reminds me of that one boss battle in Devil May Cry 2 (I think it was that game). I was playing it, then dozed off, but kept tapping the X button on my PS2 controller. When I woke up, the battle was done and I missed the entire cutscene. This one was like that.

1 Like

I have not played S5 yet but really, another final boss thatā€™s dark? All of them are dark except for S3. So unoriginalā€¦

2 Likes