šŸ“Æ End of an Era (Part 2) -- Season 3 Completion Thread

I believe there was an error with the mission rewards that affected a few players, and was promptly corrected by the staff.

To be saveā€¦ I choose with the same teams, but battle items use Time Stop instead of Antidots.

Used 3 Time Stop, 2 Potent Heal and 1 minor mana, shouldā€™t need Time Stop actually, but to be savetyā€¦ and super smoothā€¦ :sunglasses:
Finally Finished,ā€¦ so 500 coins for February I thinkā€¦ :partying_face: :muscle:
Goodluck everyone :+1:

4 Likes

Finished normal mode past weekend with the following team. Maybe I had luck with the shields but I didnā€™t find this end level as difficult as Season 2. Could have used less items but played it safe. Coins awarded gave me 3* feeders. Not sure if I will ever finish Hard mode as it cost so much WE and this portal only gives me crap.

4 Likes

Also in the club of S3 normal finishers. Used my mana potions because I was too scared Proteus might die on couple of occasions. Zocc, Bai Yeang and Proteus kept them under control most of the time. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I usually play map stages in a more carefree way compared to my raids or my war matches. But this final stage of Season 3 took me four times before I succeeded in completing it. Sweet victory from a challenging stage. :grinning:

Happy to receive the rewards from the missions tab afterwards! :heart_eyes:

And now, I am grinding slowly toward completing Season 3 on Hard mode.

5 Likes

Got done with Normal mode today. Biggest problem wasnā€™t the endboss but Gullinbursti 1 shotting my heroes with his normal attacks.
Didnā€™t get into play Hard mode last month, so Iā€™m missing the last 3 provinces.

Completed normal and hard. The key is not to let the 2 giants fire. Hel is mvp.

2 Likes

Yes or block them with Malosi worked out pretty well to here :wink:

Made a mistake by underestimating them first time roundā€¦

I am not sure if I just got lucky or not but I didnā€™t think Hard Mode on the final stage was too difficult.
Maybe itā€™s because I used Proteus + Miki.
(cRigard / Proteus / Jott / Miki / cKiril) - cKiril was really helpful with reducing their attack.

I actually almost died on the first wave though - haha. Had to use a tornado.
Otherwise, yes I used tornadoes etc to do it because I was expecting it to be much harder, but nevertheless, it was fun. I was expecting moreā€¦ something different than the same format than Ursena - albeit with 3 bosses instead.

This is a question about how to handle the Hard Mode of Stage 3-36-10. Normal Mode has already been beaten.

Been curious to know what are some peopleā€™s strategies for dealing with the Hard Mode four wave boss fight with the World Tree power amplifier. Iā€™m hoping to craft any battle items that might be necessary, like Tornadoes and Time Stops.

While I will share my roster to help in the process for which heroes to be of use in the battle, I would love any strategies that ā€œassumesā€ I donā€™t have certain heroes, like many of the non-S1 5* heroes that Iā€™ve seen some people werer lucky enough to own themselves.

My profile listing my heroes on Heroplan!

And will share my screencaps of my roster as of this posting:
Screenshot_2021-02-07-22-53-59

Hi @MxJunie; shifted your thread to a pre-existing master for this discussion. Check some previous posts for ideas about what others have used.

My suggestion might be to try:

• Proteus (mana control)
  • Gullinbursti (healing/ health boosting)
  • Domitia (some damage)
  • Rigard (more healing)
  • Wilbur / Tiburtus / Joon (Survival or more damage/ defence down)

I would suggest items:

• fair number of Mana potions to keep Proteus going.
  • Time Stops are handy as well for blocking the mana & slash attacks from the enemy.
  • An overlooked item may be the Titanium shields which will prevent the damage from hitting 3 of your heroes (with some reflected back).
  • Miracle Revive Scroll maybe as a clutch emergency item.
2 Likes

As you donā€™t have Zocc Iā€™d say your best options for are Mist and Proteus (stagger their use as they conflict with each other).

Other than that Gillibilliā€™s overheal will help with your survivability. Vivica would be good (survivability plus cleanse).

You now have 3 yellows and one purple - you can go a healer in another color for more survivability or double down on yellow and maybe do Jackal to give you a big yellow punch. You could even do LJ for a third mana control option to stagger

And it is probably something you have already being doing but if you canā€™t get a 3-match on the vulnerable area - set up your tiles so that the next turn (assuming it is not a turn where it will move) you will have 3 tiles available. Preventing the slash attack each turn is probably of more benefit (in most circumstances when you are not setting up a diamond etc) than moving your tiles optimally.

2 Likes

Hel is such a bomb heroā€¦glad I got her and almost fully emblemed.

1 Like

I canā€™t beat season 3 36-10. Cruises through with my red team and have tried many teams but no luck.
Here are my 15

You know I am going to say it, the mission rewards are CRAP in comparison to Atlantis.
you get basically the exact same loot from valhalla and atlantis.
Valhalla requires an extra 9 provinces(90 levels) and has 3 back to back titan style fights. so for all the extra work ,we,flasks, battle items, and challenge the valhalla rewards should be better.
This is unacceptable. S4 will probably be the same rewards but require you to complete 45 provinces, have 5 titan fights and the last levels will cost 21+ energy in hard mode.

2 Likes

Finished normal mode last night with this squad:

Took me four or five tries, including trying different teams. Krampus was only at 4^40, but the rest were maxed with emblems. Krampus and Onatel limited special damage, C. Kiril and C. Melendor limited regular damage, and Brynhild kept Krampus able to take hits. Toward the end, I was able to set off a blue cascade with Krampusā€™ 50% attack up, Kirilā€™s defense down, and a runic rock attack down. That sealed the win. The elf minions were also surprisingly useful.

I thought the fight was a good mix of team synergy, board luck, and special timing, which is as it should be. Hard mode promises an even greater challenge. Will probably try this same crew and see what happens.

2 Likes

I do agree they should be better, butā€¦ energy flasks? Why?

Iā€™ve completed it (took me 6 freaking tries on hard before the boards panned out), and never used a single flask.

But it is far harder than S2, particularly the final level, and it doesnā€™t show.

Of course, this is the same thing weā€™ve seen over and over and over in the game, so I donā€™t know why weā€™re surprised.

CURSED.

And if I was to give them the barest of minimum of faith when it comes to the ā€œunique bosses,ā€ I can barely see 3 big boys and 2 smaller enemies to fit within the usual stage structuringā€¦ but if they can think giving ā€œcommunity favesā€ costumes before the ā€œmost infamousā€ ones or those most deserving, whatā€™s not the say they skip the usual first phase and DO decide ā€œyou fight 5 titans now who keep giving uncleansable debuffs that have a chance of instant-killing you if your health is below 50%. also max HP is -70% in one hit.ā€

Iā€™m still struggling and will have to take a LOT of time before I can finish it like I want to. (hilariously, the closest Iā€™ve gotten was a mono red team, neglecting to remember Ymir could kill them all) And exaggeration or not, Iā€™m shocked they decided to do three titan phases like this. Had expected something when we faced Alfrike and Ymir side by side.

1 Like