Emergency Exit

No. They sell exactly the same: their product. The model is different: subscription vs perpetual license. But SGG provides you an option to play for free and it is not the demo version. They also continue working on the game and add new content. On PC or PS new version means new license.

1 Like

This is true about every game.

1 Like

But not in every game you must pay for it with cost price like in EaP

If you like gambling, then that’s okay. Just think twice before linking your bank card to your account :slight_smile: I am just not a gambler and I have a different opinion. Many gamblers do not think about it and then are disappointed by paying a lot and not getting what they want. Such people are the main source of income for this game.

See the point.
When Telluria was released I spent more than my monthly budget to get her. As long as I realized that I disabled the in-app purchase.

4 Likes

The thrill is the fun.
Even more if you’ll get sth.

It wouldn’t be t that good if there were direct sales of heroes.

No yin without yang.

As we can see - not for all :slight_smile: Even more - some of people really need help.

1 Like

A long time ago - no smartphones existed, not even internet or personal computers - I spent bucks playing pinball.
I was a schoolboy then, so I took only 5 german Deutschmarks with me - that was automacically the limit for this day. And it was totally clear, I get nothing in return - except fun.
The key for me is, to set a limit in google play. If you cant stop spending, you better delete the game.

7 Likes

I know how you feel.

2 Likes

Open a chat room “I’m addicted to E&P” or sth like that to talk to your alliance mates who possibly have similar feelings. Get some hugs there or advice to accept your habits or to get over it or to limit your budget.

It may help a lot to talk to people who have made the same experiences.

Grew up mostly poor myself.

As a child, I didn’t really have a concept of money. My dad worked in the computer industry, so he had a computer and computer games, so I grew up as a gamer.

Would go out to family dinner on the weekend at the local pizza place for special occasions, and they had arcade games! Neat! I’d ask my parents for quarters. They gave me quarters, I played until I ran out. Came back and asked for more quarters. They reluctantly gave me a few more, I played and ran back and asked for more, and they cut me off.

I was like 5 years old, I didn’t understand why. All you have to do is take one of those dollar thingies and go up to the cashier and he’ll give you more quarters. Why can’t I have more dollars?

Ah, the blissful ignorance of youth. Not understanding where money came from or how hard it was to actually earn it in the real world.

Still… thanks to a few wealthy family members, I ended up getting my very first game console for Christmas. And every year for Christmas or my birthday, I would ask for more games. Got to play those games for hours without putting in any more quarters.

Eventually, once I was old enough to start earning my own money, I realized what a ripoff those arcade games were. Pffft… $1 just to play for 5 minutes? I wasn’t born yesterday. I’ll just go to the game store and buy a used console game.

… and from that moment on, I only played PC and console games. Keep in mind that smart phones had not been invented yet.

Even back then… I scoffed at the idea of people who spent thousands of dollars for a top of the line gaming PC. My $500 generic PC runs most games just fine in low graphics mode. I scoffed at the idea of games that had “monthly fees” to play their game. Like what the hell man? I already bought the game, now I have to pay “rent” on it too? No thank you!

… fast forward to today.

Smart phones that cost as much as my PC and consoles together, and microtransaction games where $60 - the price of an entire brand new console game - will only buy you maybe a couple of decent E&P heroes. If you’re lucky.

But this is just the “new normal” now.

I don’t like it.

10 Likes

You get my support and understanding. Had similar epiphany in October… The same excuse, I’m not spending money on anything else… Blah, blah… You know the drill. I’ve set my monthly budget now. Since I do spend a lot time in the game, and I do have a good time, I did a calculation. Gonna spend 60€ per month until this crisis is over. After that, when life becomes normal again, I’ll cut it further… I have 30+ unleveled 5*… Very few of them are top of the tops… But you know what? I see it as a challenge. How good can I become with my luck. Some money will be spent. So here and there I will get something good… Everything else is just madness.

3 Likes

Small giant sucks, they r cheap as hell, they want us to spend money, but don’t give crap in return. War is so unbalanced, if u don’t spend money, they give u 4 or 5 tiles of the color your stacking with, don’t tell me it’s random, BS. Fix the game. Make it fair!!!

Oh, where’s that info from?
If I could buy good boards I would.

:rofl:

…but sadly I almost ever lose 2 of my 6.

I will confirm that RNG can be streaky as hell, but I don’t think it’s tied to money. I’ve had both good streaks and bad streaks on boards, and I haven’t spent a dime since 2019.

Almost seems to be more tied to the time of day. I can have a good streak on my first run through things, then come back a few hours later and all of my tiles have turned to :poop: (and vice versa)

3 Likes

When I started playing mobile games i thought “who would ever spend money for gems and other stuff for such games?” And i couldn’t believe how much money candy crush makes.
Half a year into this game and I admit in shame that my bank account is not looking the same… Especially now when I have to save due to pandemic and no salary. Offer here offer there, coins for those elusive 5*…

I tend to think " a bit more spending till i have developed enough roster and then I will stop" but i noticed there is no limit, it doesn’t stop. SG keeps releasing more and more shiny new powerful heroes and your roster keeps getting obsolete. Even when you finally get your 10 pull, you land with 3* and 4* dupes.

When s4 gets released, s2 heroes that many of us still don’t have will have hard time to keep up. Then we have new events and even more heroes that can one shot your team.
Sure you can play without spending or competing, you don’t have to be in top 1000 even, but with time you will get bored with old heroes, sucking at war, and losing to 30lvls.

If you are an old veteran with good hotms and you grind enough, you still can float somehow in your solid and developed boat. But new players in their tiny kayaks go down fast versus whale cruisers.

I just wish staff would read some of the topics here and listen to beta feedbacks. But sadly they don’t.

And we all need to really control our budget, facing those awful 0.3% odds.

4 Likes

In the end, the player has to decide whether the time, effort and money spent on this game is worth it. Instead of pointing out that this is gambling, or RNG sucks, or OP heroes, or whatever sinks your boat, just leave and quit altogether. Complaining will get us nowhere. AFAIK, SG is in no way, shape or form, compelling us to play this game, much less spend on pixels we wont own. Just leave. The backdoor is not locked and is wide open.

I really don’t want to quit, it is a fun game and I’ve met some awesome people here.

I have quit spending for sure. Still enjoying the game, but the reality is that if you’re not spending, you are going to fall further and further behind, until the game itself isn’t any fun anymore.

My complaints are an appeal to SG to not completely ruin what was originally a very cool game. I’m not ready to quit yet, but if this paywalled power creep continues on its current course, the game is eventually going to lose all of its original charm.

It’s already been tainted pretty badly. I don’t play it nearly as much as I used to. I would like to see some changes that make it fun again for people who don’t spend tons of money.

And yeah, funny how I don’t play the game as much, but still post on the forums. It’s because the players themselves are far more interesting than the game. :grin:

4 Likes

Must be honest, even with Coronavirus my business this year was pretty good.
My lifestyle is really simple. I do not spend for many things except food and gifts for my daughter.

I could without any problem cash out at least 200-300 € in this game monthly for my “entertainment”.
Fact is, i’ve not be raised to waste money this way. If i have more then what i need, i simply pile them up in a bank.

I used to spend a bit because i simply thought this game deserve it.
You know, vip pass and path of valor.

Now after the whole Hero Academy concept i cut that too. My last purchase of valor according to my google account is back in april.

I could spend lots, i used to spend few and now for several months i don’t spend any.

It’s a matter of personal proud and to not reward a bad behaviour.
Same as with kids. They do something they shouldn’t, you punish them rather then reward them.

Would they fix Academy tomorrow, i will restart spending tomorrow.

Sometimes beeing stubborn comes in handy.

5 Likes

depends what type of games you play.

from what i can tell typical spenders we see droppin mortgage amounts on this game each month are usually way over competitive and think they need the best in everything…which a truly competitive player could play an actual game of skill on ps4 anywhere from a year to 2 years before the next game in that series comes out with the total monetary value for the game being $60…

those that just like collecting everything to collect everything, yea they’re pretty much screwed and should probly go the cheaper route of stamp collecting as a hobby…

those that enjoy the “campaign” part of games and play through a game once and put it down as you say, don’t seem like they’d be spending big bundles on this game just to play through the world map or quests. And even still with playstation store and numerous other available ways to buy new games or even get new games for free, console players still spend far less in a year’s time than what I’ve seen e&p players spend in 1 weekend…

can anyone please show me what a $32,000 playstation 4 investment looks like? cause i know i can link to what a $32k e&p investment looks like…

2 Likes