Emblems Are Ruining Raids

if you read a post that gives you deja vu, does that mean that mean you have visited the past? or has the post itself, become a temporal form of:

1 Like

I have enough sorcerer emblems to take a 5* to +18 (3 from 19) and no decent 5* sorcerer to put them on. I have them spread mostly to three stars at the moment bc I got bored of having so many unused.

And I have 30 percent MORE sorcerer emblems than almost any other class - go figure - i get the one class I don’t need most often. Silly RNG.

1 Like

also you at 50 and opponent at 70 even with team within 100 you loss. Fight it anyways but should be part of matching process

Things’ll definitely change once we’re regularly seeing Guin and Kutch and the stronger tanks with +20 emblems, which should start happening soon among the big spenders. Attacking is lot harder and does change things considerably when you can’t punch through tanks with a good board.

It’s going to make things extremely frustrating for players who can’t afford to make rent payments to mobile game apps, but that is, I’m guessing, perfectly fine for SG.

It’s a shame that a feature that could’ve brought a bit more variety, strategy, and competitive balance to the game was instead turned into another cash grab for the affluent and a grind slog for the rest of us just to try to keep up.

1 Like

But it’ll stop @+20 and then you’ll have time to catch up.

3 Likes

It brings variety to the game if players choose to utilize it

There’s 10 classes, no one said anyone has to only emblem 5 to 10 heroes. Players make that choice all on their own.

I’ve seen the advice throughout this forum handed out time and time again on how to deal with the issues brought up by the OP but unfortunately people would rather complain and play victim than improve their gameplay

6 Likes

4 * heroes cost way cheaper to emblem up to +18 or +20. Reason why I’ve got Caedmon, Kiril, Grimm and Li Xiu to at least +17 or higher emblem.

Unless you’ve got 50 maxed 5 * or so, the only way to be competitive is by stacking and synergizing a team mixed with 5 * and emblemmed 4 *.

2 Likes

thats why we need (especially in war) to setup multi def teams and not just 1, if the 1st def team is down then comes the 2nd and so on…but not respwan the same team

2 Likes

That would be fun but not a necessity

I’m going to have some coffee and come back to this thread

Right now just reading through some of the posts in this thread is making my head hurt because i can’t understand how this is seen as such an issue that has no fix without “dumping rent payments into the game” or “doing away with emblems” or “giving wars multiple defenses”

The issue is fixed by players themselves strategizing their heroes and own resources better, devs don’t need to lift a finger about the current “issue” people are talking about.

2 Likes

I wouldnt say the only way but it does help to do that for sure, especially emblemed+costumed 4s

1 Like

People just need to grind a play the game. Do not play catch up. Eventually we will all have +20 emblems on all our favorite 5* heroes.

After that SG will make 6 star heroes lol

2 Likes

My 2¢ on this:

I don’t think emblems are really the be all and end all… Yes they made defences more beefy but still nothing that I haven’t been able to combat with colour stacking…

I personally only seem to face 4400-4600 teams… I take these down almost exclusively with teams that are <4000 power. Usually there is 1-2 maxed 5* on the team but usually the bulk are either 4* or 3/70 5* heroes.

Just my take on it… Yes they have made some battles harder, others damn near unwinnable without a brilliant board… But not ruining the game…

P.s. even in wars, I’m still averaging 5/6 each war… Just having to kill bigger baddies then before.

1 Like

Ok well if you don’t recognize that +18 defence is like leveling your hero up past max lvl I can’t help you. Removing all your emblems was foolish. This is what it looks like to give a hero a level

And this is what it looks like to give one node on a talent tree

So if you don’t think +15 on a talent tree does anything for a heroes stats, really just leave your 4* at 4/55 or your 5* at 4/65 since you don’t think leveling your heroes up matters. I don’t even understand what point you’re trying to make. It’s ok you leave your heroes at 4/80 and I’ll level mine to 4/100. Have fun in war.

3 Likes

It’s a bit naive to suggest that emblems don’t make a difference. If you’re not convinced wait until Delilah revives 7 times then fires, healing the entire team you’ve been working on. Just one example.

To be clear, I’m not suggesting that any player has done anything wrong. I agree, what you do with your emblems is up to you. The problem arising is that some players are embleming up defense to near insurmountable levels for many players. I can’t emblem up enough heros to be competitive. I need 25 5*s at 12+ to be in the neighborhood of the levels of defense we’re seeing, where the defense only requires 5 at those levels.

It’s been stated above these teams can still be beaten. If you have the right heros. And you color stack appropriately. And you have the right troops. And you still need a favorable board to have a good chance. If not, it’s often over in 3-4 turns. Not meaning the game is over, but for all intents and purposes, minus a miraculous cascade your chances to win are bottomed out.

It used to be you had time to work and develop the board and win the game. Now, if you can’t kill the tank before it fires you’re generally done. Usena fires and your entire team is half-dead and within KO range of the rest of the team. Kunchen heals the entire team and lowers your defense putting you in easy KO range. Guin takes 20% of your mana, starts healing and throws up defense to purple. I’m sure you get the idea.

Will it balance out in a year or two? It may very well. Still, newcomers will be way behind the power curve, meaning less success and less likelihood they stay. And in the meantime it certainly is not balanced. And again, I’m not saying any player has done anything wrong, they’re just exercising their prerogatives. It’s the system that SG has implemented that is at fault.

3 Likes

I agree with this.

I’ve plunged every single Rogue emblem into my Guardian Jackals.

They sit at +20 and +16 respectively.

As a result, those 2 four-stars are absolutely in my most-used heroes. My alliance fights purple tanks all the time, and Jackal is an absolute blessing. He takes down Kunchen better than any other hero, 4 or 5 star. He regularly evades hits. He pairs so well with my holy hitters. I use those two constantly. They even work well as a 2-stack in a 3:2 color combo.

This wouldn’t have been possible without emblems. Emblemmed Jackal literally solved my Kunchen problem - a problem that plagues a lot of players.

Anyway, I just write it out to give an example of what I believe Rigs is getting at - use the emblems to your advantage!

3 Likes

First and foremost, I also once felt emblems pushing game out of balance. Then I took the liberty and used only 4* heroes in all of my 6 attacks in already won war. Yes, I have very deep bench, nevertheless I managed to score 240 points (4/6 oneshots) against 4200+ teams, which is my usual average when I use mainly 5*s. So I guess it depends more on heroes that have emblems rather than on their increased stats or talents.

2 Likes

Tanks lowering chance of winning a match if they fire is nothing new

Doesn’t take 5 80/12+ dark heroes to kill a yellow tank, idk how/where that thought comes from

The color stack advantage on offense is ridiculously strong if players use it

Biggest changes with emblems are stats, talents are a bonus

1 Like

There was a time when field aid was a major problem for all of us at some point in our development ( after time it just became a minor nuisance). Then there was the “Tank” that was unstoppable… then we learnt how to defeat them. This type of thing has gone on since the beginning. So, fully emblemed defenses will cap out at around 4700 with maxed troops. We will learn how to beat them… maybe 3/6 the first couple wars but six months down the road it’ll be a side note when we go 6/6. Quit with the sky is fallen crap.

3 Likes

At least you have a super-strong Gill Ra for the current raid tournament, I suppose :smile: Just like me. Gill Ra 18 emblems, Chochin 14 emblems, Jahangir 6 emblems… and Sabina 9 more. Still almost 300 sorcerer emblems left with Quintus at 3/70 being the only 5* sorcerer hero :roll_eyes:

Well, most of the posts show it’s not the emblems that are “ruining” the raids. It’s rather that most players simply don’t have the right 5* heroes to use their emblems on. Still I can say that my Hänsel, Rigard, Boldtusk, G. Jackal with 18 emblems can keep up quite well with most teams (paired with a one highly emblemed and several non or scarcely enhanced 5* heroes). If RNGesus had given me Alasie, Kingston, Ursena etc. I would probably also have a close to 4.5k TP defense team despite buying any of the emblem offers (and despite having only troops around level 20 and not 30)

I guess, then I have one advantage. Although I have never spent a single gem to buy emblems directly, I usually use the 75 gem “revive” in raid tournaments. I think, if there is a good chance to make it into the top 1 % (or at least top 5 %), this re-buy is one of the best investments the game has to offer.

2 Likes

The rebuy is the worst investment one can make in the game. It is a shameless money grab by SG for a chance at pitiful loot tiers.

(He says while he sneakily rebuys, lands top 1% and gets 1000 gems’ worth of 2ett 1 eht and 20 emblems for the low low price of 75 gems)