Emblem poll: how do you decide which branch of the skill tree to take?

• Go for the side that enhances the stats where my hero is weakest, to balance them out
  • Go for the side that enhances the stats where my hero is strongest, to make even stronger
  • Depends on the hero
  • I don’t really know what I’m doing, I just click on stuff
  • All emblems go to Aife, always

0 voters

1 Like

Sorry for the silly posts. I’m just waiting for my victory loot from an overpowered opponent who apparently came severely underprepared to successfully overpower my overwhelming awesomeness. :grin:

Also apologies to the mods for posting this in the wrong section of the forum. I kinda figured that a poll was more opinion-based and didn’t necessarily qualify as gameplay help, but I guess it does qualify as tactics.

2 Likes

90% of the time I go for the stats where the hero is strongest in.

10% of the other times they’re exceptions like Chao. He’s got an offensive skill with defensive stats, also the Ranger tree is one of the best for maximizing attack. So with him I went for full attack priority path.

2 Likes

I go the opposite route. I don’t like seeing heroes on my team with weaker stats than their equally leveled counterparts. If I have two 4* heroes at 4/70 and one has 1500 hp and the other one has only 1000 hp, my instinct is to boost the hp of the 1000 hp hero. Even though the 1000 hp hero might have a much higher attack than the 1500 and it might be in my best interests to boost his or her attack skill even more, I prefer to make the hero less squishy. And vice versa in the case of a hero with a low attack level.

That might not be the best strategy, but I’ve always been more of a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none kind of person, and that’s also how I usually set up my gaming heroes / avatars.

1 Like

I go for what I want the hero to do. For example, I dumped everything into health and defense for Sabina because as the healer, I want her to stay on the field as long as possible. Boril got health and defense because I wanted a 4* tank/wall, even though that may not play well with his mana skill. Wilbur got defense as a priority because of his special skill. The same with Little John, as I wanted a high attack score, but he’s a total glass cannon now. So I think it depends on how one sees the hero operating in a team.

2 Likes

Solid strategy. I just know I’m going to end up using all of my best heroes in wars, so I want them all to be able to survive as long as possible, and I also know I’ll need to color stack against titans, so I also want all of their attack stats to be strong… ideally I would want all of my 4* heroes to have 1500 hp and somewhere close to 800 shield and attack strength :grin: probably not possible, but I try to boost all their stats as high as I can regardless.

Healer (Mel / Rigard) : Health - Defense

Offensive hero (Grimm / Jackal / Proteus / Hu) : Attack route

Utility hero (Wilbur / Wu) : Health - Defense

Paladin (Sonya) : Defense

4 Likes

Health and defense are obvious choices for healers. Actually, IMO, they’re obvious choices for every hero. I’ve found that high attack stats and offensive specials are far more effective when your heroes are still alive enough to use them. :grin:

But yeah, I can also see the benefit of boosting the attack stats on an already offensively strong hero. After all, they can’t kill you if you kill them first.

1 Like

That is my thinking too. I prefer to kill the enemy faster than being able to last longer.

2 Likes

That’s definitely the preferable method. It’s kind of annoying when my fights go into “overtime” with the countdown clock (i.e., both you and the opponent have only healers left, you just keep healing yourselves and hope you eventually get a strong enough tile combo to kill them - I hate it when this happens).

Since my teams are all 4* (and non final ascended 5*), however, I need my little 4* heroes to have enough defense to withstand at least one direct hit from a heavy 5* opponent. Otherwise I’m dead before I can even get a word in edgewise. :confused:

1 Like

Imo I depends on the hero for what I am going for and if it is a dupe or I need the dupe hero to be strong in a different department than the main one. Example, Namahage I have my main one as a glass cannon. If I were to keep a dupe, then I would go more defense and attack. Grimm, I go all attack. Proteus I am going attack and defense as he is my only dark 4 star that has high tile damage right now.

3 Likes

Ooh, there’s an interesting strategy. I hadn’t considered customizing duplicates for different applications. I like it. Thanks for the idea. :+1:

4 Likes

@TGW For the rare challenge events I have seen some of the top players take in a full team of fully emblemed Namahages. And the fact that they took top spot with them speaks volumes to me.

2 Likes

I only have one Namahage, but I do have dupes of Chao, Boldtusk and Kelile. Not really sure how I would retool Chao and Kelile since they’re both basically snipers, but BT has multiple uses. I could emblem one as more offensive and the other for defense maybe? Something to consider later on down the road once I accumulate more emblems.

2 Likes

@TGW Just note if you intend to go all 20 nodes on BT, it is gonna cost you 505 emblems in total.

Where is the “always choose attack” voting button?

2 Likes

I voted to enhance the strength of the hero. When that is a sniper, atk. When it is critical support, that’s survivability. I include Proteus in the latter category, because, while he has good tile damage, I bring him for the mana stop.

4 Likes

Aife - full - reset - repeat. :rofl:

I always strengthen up the weaknesses to achieve a better overall performance, but I think, it doesn’t make much of a difference which path will be chosen. The main thing about emblems is the talent itself and the growing stats.

5 Likes

I am still on the fence on this but IMHO, logic such as “I bring a healer’s defense up to stay alive so they can continue to heal” contradicts logic for buffing a sniper’s attack stat. Given that same logic we bring offensive heroes to attack, right? So why wouldn’t we want them to stay alive longer… so that they could continue … to attack? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am aware that it costs a ton of emblems to finish a hero. Like most things in this game, it’s a marathon, not a sprint.

1 Like