Emblem balancing

I really dispute this

( [Math] Tourney Prizes- Emblems and Ascension items [Analysis] )

I think they are intended to be an additional source, like the 1x ascension item roll for each Alliance War. But I do not see them being significant especially when 1* hero, and 5* hero, Tourneys are factored in ( because of the way the damage calculation scales and Gacha works ).

Either the Devs changed their minds, or like Alliance wars, they are intending to roll out a Tourney Chest ( I hope not, but the player base seems to be chest driven ).

I would like 5x Reset emblems added to Wanted Titan Mission Chest so players would average 5 per 115 hours.

Plus a way to craft them.

Actually I want resets to be free, and unlimited, but that is not the Devs Vision.

2 Likes

Sorcerer - 225
Cleric - 186
Wizard -147
Monk - 201
Rogue - 166
Fighter - 215
Ranger - 201
Paladin - 152
Druid - 198
Barbarian - 261

Total 1952 emblems. I fill a lot of chests. Recieved 1 reset token from a war chest. A little concerning my paladin and wizard are so low. Unless I completely missed an emblem quest, which to the best of my knowledge I have completed each quest each time. The raid tourney I’m sure will be improved. Guess I was a lucky one there and got top 1% and 100 barbarian emblems there. Idk feel like I’m way off your pace @Rigs thought in another thread we were close to even awhile back.

2 Likes

Rumor says “Emblem RNG” was brought up in Beta.

There is hope Alchemy Lab will allow you to change one emblem into another.

2 Likes

Oh a building to at least help exchange them would be nice. Get the RNG thing though. Just as with heroes and troops, may pull tons of some color and next to none of others. I think I just wish my bottom 2 were a little closer to middle as at this rate my 4* will take 9 months to a year. We shall see. Thank you for the insight.

2 Likes

This would kill the game for me unless they put some time restriction on them. You would have to redo emblems every single fight in wars…

3 Likes

While I don’t dispute your math, intent is different from execution. Here;s staff’s clear statement about intent:

2 Likes

That is one interpretation.

I read the same words differently than you do.

A similar discussion about alliance war

1 Like

The “tournament” is still poyentially good but i agree that it is messed up (thus the closing for a week - which we should be compensated for)

I don’t think we need to be compensated for the tournament. It’s very important that maintenance is done on that.

2 Likes

Shhhh the squeaky wheel gets the grease

Like broken wars that get ended halfway through I understand people want compensation. But some people go really too far with greed.

2 Likes

My main gripe about emblems is they force me to choose between heroes, knowing full well that the hero I don’t choose is being left behind just makes me less likely to pull. Yay, I got hel, but oh, I have Zel and Sartana already… hmmm… now I have to make a choice to leave two of them as weaker heroes that emblemed up 4*s will be stronger then. It’s limiting choice and creativity for me and that’s not a good thing in these types of games… I’m of the opinion that emblems should have been universal, if I want to level two wizards, let me, if I want to have all 2k worth of emblems I have right now placed on GM, let me. The way it’s set up now is to slow and to limiting.

1 Like

How is that different, though, from your choice about where to spend the limited ascension materials? Like any good game, you have to make choices, and one choice forecloses other options.

At least with emblems it’s possible to use a mixed strategy, e.g. put some emblems on Wu and some on Wilbur, rather than having to choose between them. Giving two hidden blades and one glove to a 3/60 Wilbur doesn’t help at all.

3 Likes

And now this-

• The amount of loot given from Raid Tournaments has been reduced for the meantime.

Lame

It’s different in the fashion that now, I have to use sorcerer emblems on a hero that they’ve randomly placed in the sorcerer class or I can’t use them at all. Ascension mats I can use or wait, but I made a lot of these choices far before emblems and now I’m stuck with those choices, it’s not ideal to have 4 rangers maxed and 3 maxed paladins in your first 10 heroes…, and now with emblems I’m forced to not only max, but also use emblems on potentially less effective heroes. I understand that we still have to make choices even with mats, but I don’t enjoy making additional choices that further limit myself. This amount of specialization and limitation isn’t great in video games, especially for how long it takes us to level heroes as it is. It creates a lot of over thinking, under doing and then eventually boredom and moving on.

1 Like

A monster is correct. When my Yunan I’d done he will be 700 attack. 876 defense and 1590 hit points. The birth of a monster.

2 Likes

1500 emblems - he better be better than 3 maxed and fully emblemed (not a word) 4* heroes…

1 Like

I think emblem is a good idea but yeah 1500 for a 5 star is way out of control for current drop rate. It actually adds alot more fun to heros buildup because of the potential, but this beyond slow drop rate is not making anything fun. Trials should drop a lot more.

1 Like

That stats still get burned down by a red stack easily. 1500 just doesn’t make any sense.

1 Like

Emblems should have elevated effects on 5 stars because of the ultra high cost. Currently no tank can survive a few tiles on color stack, no one can sit on 2800 cups for more than 10 minutes offline. emblems have the potential to change this but not likely because of the small effects.

Why not just use emblems as the way to widen gaps between 4 stars and 5 stars, if 4 stars can turn to 5 star with 500 emblems, 5 stars should turn to 7 star with 1500

1 Like