Elradir – 5* Nature/ Green - June 2021 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

You have a point from offense point of view while my point still holds own. But see it from defense point of view, tournaments defenses, war defense etc,
…where you , based on different rules, apply different heroes. This forces you to put emblems/limitbreakers on hereos who are overall most usable everywhere, thus reducing possibilites of choice.

Would you rather go with C. Vivica for bloody battle on defense, who has emblems and limit broken or 4/80 some other average yellow hero without emblems and breakers but without healing?

@Guvnor A bug, an error in the description, or something we don’t understand? Elradir REFLECTS Skadi’s Frost Damage

2 Likes

its a status effect i would have expected that

1 Like

He is not reflecting the ailments back, he is reflecting the damage caused by the DOT back to all enemies

It’s clearly a bug… He should only reflect the status ailment and Skadis stack isn’t a status ailment… Your pic is perfect… Is a bug :hugs:

4 Likes

I personally would prefer it like that. At least it’s a counter to skadi

1 Like

Yeap definitely a bug, either wrong wording on the Elradir card, or he works wrong.
As it is he definitely shouldn’t reflect skadi.

If his Ability had been on everyone it would have been fantastic but unfortunately he only acts on himself … With the stack at 5 they are all dead … Elradir is almost useless against the current defenses and you must always bring a healer for him and a dispeller for the other’s… (just my opinion) :hugs:

I, like many other people, was sure that Elradir should not reflect damage from the Skadi stack. Now I am extremely surprised. I hope that one of the moderators will ask the developers a question, so that they will give an answer, whether this was so intended or it is really a mistake. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

tell that to Mr. Spock who consistently brings Rigard and Proteus. tell that to most players who bring along Boldtusk for fire stacks. or players who bring Kiril and C. Kiril to buff Skadi. Wilbur. Wu Kong. you don’t need amazing boards to be able to have consistent success while bringing 4* heroes to fight, even if those 4* heroes aren’t at +20.

a Grevle max emblemed for defense can hit 721 in that stat, on par with 5* heroes between 0 and 7 emblem nodes, and last i checked, most players aren’t bringing 30 5* heroes +20 to war. it’s a risk because Grevle’s HP stat is only 800 (hence the balance because his special is overhealing), but my green team pre-Elradir consistently wins against 4400-4700 teams in raid and war, in part because of its survivability. as is consistently mentioned elsewhere, synergies are the most important consideration, and part of that synergy calculation for me is knowing that Grevle can still take a few slash attacks.

the double healers protect the rest of the team while Elradir dishes back the damage. he’s a good fit BECAUSE my green team (and my roster in general) doesn’t have a green cleanser, and a cleanser is bad synergy for Elradir anyway.

i guess we’re just going to have to agree to disagree about carefully or perfectly timing Elradir’s special because the set ups don’t require any gymnastics. i regularly use Myztero and Rigard, and if i can consistently get Rigard going quickly enough to cleanse whatever Myztero casts back on enemies, i’m not worried about Elradir not being ready to reflect status ailment damage back on enemies. perhaps this isn’t your style of play, which is fine and understandable, but there are game elements that require getting hit to be effective, so Elradir being at average speed isn’t necessarily a hindrance.

name a single hero that can survive defense down AND two sniper shots.

one last point: there are other considerations i make before selecting a war target or selecting an attack team for a particular raid opponent. i don’t bring Myztero just because the other team has a bunch of status ailments. in the same way, i won’t bring Elradir just because the other team has DOT that i can reflect. if you’re not going to level Elradir if you summon him, that’s fine! i’ll enjoy my shiny new HotM that i’ve been looking forward to for months.

3 Likes

He’s reflect DOT, not riposte. So he actually doesn’t receive DOT damage when he sets up

Yes for this i said healer for him ( for the direct damage like gravemaler or Clarissa ), a dispeller for the other’s… :hugs:

That’s awesome tho. Dont fix it lol

1 Like

Each get their full dot amount. It isn’t divided by amount of people

When his special works you feel like this hero is great. The problem is it rarely works and you have to leave the dot on other heroes. Even bringing multiple healers, this hero seems lackluster to me based on experimenting.

The biggest problem I feel about elradir is that his niche may hinder more than help. He has astonishingly poor synergy with cleansers. If you want to fully utilize his reflect DOT, he needs to be afflicted with DOT. But ailments are not just about DOT and cleansing is most often needed to remove effects like attack/defence down. If you cleanse, he can’t reflect the DOT anymore. If you don’t cleanse he profits from that, at the expense of your team suffering. If snipers like sartana or marjana snipes EL, or course that’s the best case scenario. But it’s heavily reliant on RNG to work

1 Like

thanks. this means the damage he’s bearing is extremely low. doesn’t seem to me a must have, at the end

I think people overlook the fact that he actually deals skill damage. Yes the reflect DOT is his niche, but he has the potential to be a pseudo fast splash hitter as well. Elradir users should not overly rely on his DOT reflect to see his worth but also the other unique qualities he has. With that said, I think he’s still a luxury hero and is not a must have to max unless you have no more green projects left

6 Likes

I seem to agree with you a lot @Tidyup haha. Yes I think his niche skill is his DOT reflect and I would bring a cleanser/healer like crigard to help mitigate that so if the DOT/HOT isn’t balanced I’ll pull the trigger to cleanse. I’m going to use him primarily because 1) outside of lianna, I don’t have any hard hitting nature heroes and 2) mana gains. Those skills aren’t niche but are quite helpful. He’s not a must have but he can be useful. Since I don’t have any cleansing natures I’ll have to run a 4-1 w him.

2 Likes

I sound like a relationship expert lol

7 Likes