Elemental or Regular Defense Debuff, and Other Status Effects Fail – Likely a Visual Bug

@asarsen There have been several reports recently of issues with the display of defense debuffs.

I suspect this is the same bug as the various reports collected here:

(@Kerridoc @Rook @Coppersky Possible Merge of Topic)

One thing effect applied and not shown and another when its over and still shown. In all cases most probably bug comes from Athena and in that case topics can be merged, of course. Have no elemental defense debuffers to test your issue.

1 Like

There have been several variations, often but not always with Athena in the mix. Despite them not all being the same, they all seem to be related to mismatches between debuffs showing/not showing regardless of the actual debuff applied. And all of these reports are from after the release of versions 18.x. So I suspect they’re related somehow.

Hopefully consolidating them in one place will help the developers determine the cause(es).

I think if you are to quick at leveling mana and setting off multiple heros specials at the same time, sometimes it glitches…

Here is a video showing me leveling up Isarnia’s mana @0:10s

Once her special activates the -44% defence blue shield icon is not showing on the titan.

It works properly @0:44s

I had same with Nat but every time I want to make a Video it is working perfectly lol

Yes it took me a few games before I got it on video.

Merged. :slight_smile:

:heart:

20 cat crunchies

1 Like

the first skill isarnia does not work because the attack missed which caused you to activate the wukong first, the second one works because the wukong skill has expired

Cool, I’ll try making sure Isarnia has finished her attack first before activating WuKong.

1 Like

Musashi does not heal himself annymore

Thats problem of Musashi :slight_smile: . Its not related to this topic.

that’s what I thought when I saw the video, but even watching it at low speed I do not see the word “missed” appearing after Isarnia attack. I do not remember, but isn’t that “missed” supposed to be shown anyway?

1 Like

yes you are right not written miss, but at that time also did not say the number of damage from isarnia :grin: so I assume it is read by the system as a miss attack.
@UroSecondo

1 Like

I just wanted to add that this problem happens to me and many other players from the German version as well. The Debuffs from Gravemaker, Jackal, Falcon, Tiburtus, Grimm and so on are not shown sometimes. It happens kind of often like every 3rd fight and in both PvP and farming the map.

I think it’s wrong to see this issue related to Athena; it happens the same to all other debuffers.

1 Like

I think I’ve found an intermittent display issue.

Sometimes, after using a hero’s special skill which leaves status effects on opponent heroes, these status effects are not shown in those heroes’ info popup, nor do those heroes have the corresponding status icons on their figures.

Unfortunately, I don’t have screenshots of this issue, since it’s intermittent and not very common.
I have the impression that it is more likely to happen after firing multiple heroes specials in quick succession and then quickly moving tiles before all the special animations have finished.

I’m also fairly confident that it’s only a display issue, since one time, it happened with my Gravemaker’s special, which leaves a burn effect.

That burn effect did not appear to be active on the affected heroes, but at the end of the opponent’s following turn, those heroes died from burn damage.

I’ll try to capture a screenshot.

I’m on Android, E&P version 19.0.0 build 902

I had it with Natalia

similar to this

I believe this happens when you fire them off very fast after another.

This sounds like these other posts too, from this thread that started specifically about defense debuffs, but identified other status effects with display issues too, like these:

(@Kerridoc @Rook @Coppersky Possible Merge of Topic — seems worth continuing to consolidate these, and renaming Elemental or Regular Defense Debuff, and Other Status Effects Fail – Likely a Visual Bug to something like Elemental or Regular Defense Debuff, DoT, and Other Status Effects Fail Unexpectedly or Have Display Errors)

1 Like