Elemental Down or Wu Kong?

Hello everyone, I haven’t had any luck pulling heroes like Tarlak, Miki or Ranvir so I feel like I have to use Wu Kong on titans all the time, but my questions is, could I be doing better with the elemental down heroes that I have so far which are G. Panther, Evelyn, G. Falcon and G. Jackal? For blues just defense down. The misses with Wo Kong are no joke, thanks in advance.

There may be another thread discussing this, but generally I take Ranvir (or Wu) since that’s what I’ve got. Wilbur or Aegir for shared damage, a defense down (if using Aegir), elemental down, and my best for damage in the strong color.

EDIT: the graphic is a bit old, so some heros aren’t on here, but the strategy stays the same.

2 Likes

If you want to figure it out for yourself, take a look at the tile damage numbers you’re getting with Wu on and multiply it by 0.68, and that’s the average damage output per tile. Compare that with what the tiles are doing when Wu’s special is off. It’s bound to be substantially higher.

There’s a bit more to it than that because Wu’s misses can also cause your heroes to die. But unless you’re regularly dying 30 seconds into an attack, I don’t think it outweighs the benefits.

Question, why not both? As @SupremeAlienRaptor said, best practice is to take both into battle…

Wu Kong is a must if you don’t have Tarlak/Miki. The attack buff on the tiles is wayyy better than any benefit from Elemental Defence Down.

You can run the math’s yourself if you’d like using the calculation shown here: Damage Calculation

For what it’s worth, I ran the numbers on the Damage Buffers (wu, miki, tarlak, ranvir & g. Gazelle):