🏅 [Eighth Raid Tournament] How is your Defense Team doing?

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

With Raid Tournament matchmaking still being worked on, the distribution of attacks across players has been perplexing so far, and a frequent topic for discussion.

This thread is for sharing your experiences each day during the Eighth Raid Tournament.

When posting, include:

• Which day of the Tournament is it?

• How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?

• What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?

• What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?

• Which heroes make up your Defense Team?

• What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?

• What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:link: Related Topics

1 Like

Moderator’s Note

This thread will automatically open when the Tournament attacks begin.

This topic was automatically opened after 3 hours.

@zephyr1

I have a suggestion which will surely help me, hope you too.

when a tournament appears and you create the first topic and all get the notification, im looking for this topic How is your Defense Team doing?. Why? Because I bookmark it (my previous day stats) and update every Tday passes.

So I suggest to create all the pages related to the T when you create the first one (the rest are to be closed and open when T attacks begin) and link all others to it.

Good for me; All done in one shot for you. Everybody is happy. (ofc if problems occur you’ll have to manually close etc etc)

:stuck_out_tongue: just a thought

I typically do that if my schedules allows. This time there was a gap because I didn’t have a chance to create the defense tracking thread before the preparation phase started.

That I always do. The main thread and tracking thread each have links to the other.

I’m actually not sure we’ll need separate threads after this Tournament. The volume of posts has severely dropped, so a single thread might be sufficient. I’m waiting to see how this one goes, and may just make only one thread for the next one.

2 Likes

I agree. This topic is enough - eventually linked to posts from an alternate always closed topic with all the T infos.

1 Like

Right, but it would also be all of the posts from before the Tournament discussing team planning and answering questions.

1 Like

yup. you know best.

ontopic: already 0-2 :cry:

1 Like

Same for me, second attack just happened while we were chatting.

1 Like

0-1 my bad. I thought it was a good idea to try new Def… Ho well…

The first time I ever won my 5 initial raid tournament matches after playing for more than a month.

I don’t have 4* Yellow and Purple yet.

Little John (2-50) / Carver (3-42)
Boldtusk (4-1) / Azar (3-36)
Boril (2-45) / Gunnar (3-41)
Bane (3-50-0)
Tyrum (3-38) / Oberon (3-6)

Team power of 2300-2400 only. But were against 2400s - 2500s in a couple of matches.

Attack: 5 - 0
Defense: 0 - 1

2 Likes

Day 1:
Attack: 5-0
Defence: 2-1 Grade A
Top 5% :weary:

I still think that beating teams with a large amount of emblems should give you more points…

There are people on the top 100 with 3* heroes on their defence, don’t understand how I’m only top 5%…

This is the current top 1, with 2 heroes 3*:

I’m sure I have faced harder opponents then him/she has…

I still don’t understand how this matching works. Should I be putting weaker defenses out in the tournament? Is that the trick?

I completely forgot to set my defense so it was auto filled…

This includes Boldtusk, Rigard and Kashhrek in a corner haha.

This is going to be horrific…

2 Likes

Changes to the starting difficulty of opponents your defense team faces.

• It is no longer based on the defense team you pick, but your best heroes that match the tournament requirements. We’ve brought this rule back because we want to encourage players to choose the best defense team they can, and thus provide a better challenge to their opponents. Due to the way the Team Power is calculated it was possible, for example, to pick a defense team of two fully leveled, fully ascended heroes that were on paper equal in Team Power with a full team of lower rarity heroes, but in practice that full team would be defeated in most cases.
1 Like

It was a trick but not anymore.

Before last updates, you could fill a weak defense team and the challengers would be the same TP to that team.

Now, no matter how strong or weak is the defense team you choose to use, the system will take the highest TP you have from your best 4* heores in your full roster (regardless they are healers or not) and the challengers will be the same TP to that highest.

1 Like

I’ve actually been looking forward to this tournament as it fits my team very well.

Went 5-0 in attack this morning for 2977 points (top 1%). Used mostly my defensive team but stack 2-1-1-1 using the following replacements: Little John+1, Rigard+10, Boldtusk 4:54, Kiril+6, Skittleskull+10, Wu Kong+6

1-1 on defense so far using the following:
Caedmon 4:64 - Tiburtus+1 - Chao+7 - Grimm+6 - Scarlett+8

Here’s hoping I can keep it up for the rest of the week.

2-1 on defense… so far so good