Editing banner/featured message in ios

Here’s a link to a YouTube video for that feature: How To Use TrackPad Mode in iOS 12 - YouTube

It really works, everywhere, so not only in the game, you can use it here on the forums too. I really love it, because previously, I could tap, but sometimes it would select a whole word and I just couldn’t get it to give me a cursor after that word and I’d have to retype it, just to have the cursor in the right place.
Haven’t clicked the youtube link, but I’ll explain. When you press and hold your spacebar, the whole keyboard greys out and turns into a trackpad, as long as you keep it pressed, when you release it, it goes back to normal. So press it, wait for it to grey out and move your finger while keeping pressure, that’s it.

Ooo! That is cool! Thank you so much! Darn cool keyboard sekrits! :grin:

Must be iOS 12:

On the iPhone, you invoke it by pressing hard on the keyboard whenever you’re typing something. On the iPad, you access it by holding two fingers on the keyboard for a moment.

Now, in iOS 12, you can access trackpad mode by just tapping and holding on the spacebar for a moment, as in this GIF (linky, linky)

Our feature message is now functioning and all members can see it, thank you SG.
One little question, should it still be showing when I switch to global? The lower part of the banner shows when I visit other chats.

Yes! That should work… but doesn’t :sob:

One of my coleaders sugested I could type that and they could all imagine a line break :rofl:

For another quirk… try typing “I want to assess your heroes” in normal ingame chat :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

What about cutting and pasting using an iPhone composing message in line app? Can’t seem to get it to E&P for recruiting. I am not really wanting to type it over and over again as creating a nice message takes time.

Sure! This is what our cut-and-paste looks like:

1 Like

I get that (and it looks nice Rook). I just can’t get the message from line app where I have created it and moved to E&P Global Chat for recruiting. Thanls

I had some problems with text not sticking to my clipboard. I’d copy, but not get a paste option a few times (it didn’t seem game related, but just ios related). Mostly, it would paste, but just disappeared after a while and I had to copy it again. I had a couple of days I couldn’t copy/paste anything at all, that was very annoying.
I don’t think I had this happen a lot lately. When it did, I searched some articles, more people had this problem, I didn’t find a solution that worked for me.

Hmm, I have iOS. I use Notes to scrawl out my message, press and hold to get the copy to start (expand to cover the whole message), click copy, then paste in the game:

Not sure why it’s not working for you. :confused:

Finally worked! I like a good challenge! Thanks for feedback @Rook

1 Like

BTW. I got it up a couple days ago. I was composing in Line App, but notepad would be easier possibly. I’ll try. Thanks again. I appreciate all your useful insight since I’ve joined E&P and you have a cool Avitar :ok_hand:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.