🧪 Early Information on Valhalla Forever [Part of The Beta Beat V35]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on Valhalla Forever being TESTED in beta.

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

:postal_horn: Valhalla Forever

In its simplest explanation, Valhalla Forever is essentially Atlantis Rises but for the season 3 map (Valhalla).

During Valhalla Forever, all World Energy Costs on the Season 3 map are reduced by 3.

Adds a new “special” / unique mob called a Midgard Gnome.

Unlike in Atlantis Rises:

1. the loot is NOT increased
  2. there is a limit to how many Midgard Gnomes you can farm per day.

Midgard Gnomes

Like the Atlantis Seadragons, these mobs only appear during the Valhalla Forever event.

When they appear, they drop Valhalla Coins as loot… Or Emblems. Or resource bundles.

As above, there is a limit to how many Gnomes can be farmed per day.

• Limited to 20 per day. This limit accumulates (so even if you only start on day 4, you can still farm 80 in that one day).

• Can farm up to 80 in total during the event

• There is a counter which shows how many you’ve farmed so far.

:zap: Energy

As above, all stages energy is reduced by 3 (from normal) during the event.

:mantelpiece_clock: Duration

Like current Valhalla, the event lasts 4 days.

:postal_horn: vs. :trident:

Valhalla vs. Atlantis

Staff have stated that this event WILL NOT replace Atlantis but will be an additional event.

:game_die: Summons Portal

There is a change to the way that the Valhalla Portal operated.

Instead of there being just the one featured hero, there are instead 3.

There was no change in the odds in Beta V35.5

:1234: Some Maths

Just a quick note here on the numbers. Without any change in the odds, there is virtually no difference between featured and non-featired hero odds.

Featured = 3 heroes = 0.1% Specific hero.
Non-Featured = 14 heroes = 0.0928% specific

So there is a SLIGHT difference but not much.

It has been raised and several times in the feedback provided.

Updates:

25 Jan, 2021

Added to beta V35.5 for initial testing.

:left_right_arrow: Other Beta Content

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see:

28 Likes

Thanks @Guvnor for your hard work to keep us all informed! :hugs:

Looking forward to Valhalla Forever even if the loot won’t be doubled. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Do we know if the amount of coins / emblems dropped is a fixed number per each Gnome or is random like from the Atlantis Seadragons?

8 Likes

Where are they going to squeeze another 4 day event into the calender? :rofl:

3 Likes

It’s random. I’ll quote some stuff other testers reported:

12 Likes

It’s sitting in the same spot that Valhalla currently is :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Well, that makes obvious sense :smiley::rofl::joy:

3 Likes

We have 17 S3 5* and featured heroes are 3 per month for Valhalla Forever.

Hmm… My gut feeling is there will a secret 5* hero getting released in Feb to make the number from 17 to 18. Then we will have a perfect 6 month hero rotation schedule.

4 Likes

Interesting assessment! I like the way you think

Ok, the chances to get something at Valhalla summons after finish It is like Atlantis, Just using gems… You need to play a Lot, during a year to get one summon, and the chances to get anything is 1.3%…

I finished Atlantis, normal and hard and received Inari (in a 10x pull, not using coins), no more chances to get another Atlantis hero without gems.

Now, I finished Valhalla at normal, just more 100 coins wainting in hard mode, I get Just Ratatoskr using a 10x pull, no legendary using coins.

SG summons is a joke, this Midgard Gnome is another one.

Why not give us more coins to have some fun on summons? The chances to get anything is very little, like others events. Why so hard to get ONE SUMMON???

Hey SG, give us 100 Valhalla coins and Atlantis in each event. Give something, you will not fail because of it, , stop being so scrooge.

29 Likes

They better change the odds on Featured 5* to 0.30% Per Featured Hero. For total of 0.90%.
That’s already worse than Atlantis Rising where odds for each Featured 5* hero are 0.325%.

If they keep it at 0.30 % total or 0.10% per featured 5* hero it’s another proof how horribly greedy SG and Zynga are and another reason to quit this game.

5 Likes

No lootx2? Meh I won’t use any flask for this useless event.

8 Likes

Another one dead event after you will finish it. Only for newbies. Atlantis - yes, Valhalla - no.

1 Like

With season 4 coming I was pretty sure, that they would just finally merge S2 heroes to the regular portal and tc20, remove the event all together and make Valhalla the new AR. The heroes are starting to be pretty dated and should be merged in regular summons?

With S2, S3 and S4 all in the mix plus the million other events how will this happen. Will you start rotating AR and Valhalla Forever?

3 Likes

With planned new costumes for S2… SGG will never make S2 heroes free.

3 Likes

Definitely will not waste my resource on this event for that pathetic “extra” loot. Like others stated, what a joke.

4 Likes

Yeah true. Well they could just put the costumes to regular costume chamber. It would be just logical at this point, but I guess they can push doing that back to S5. But yeah, I will keep dreaming lol!

Is there going to be a new avatar mission for the gnomes?

i would use this for the XP. you get more XP on Valhalla than you do on Atlantis. for the amount of flags, 10-10 easy is best. since it’s 2370 xp for 6(3 during VF) flags. so, you’d be getting about 790xp per flag. roughly less than 200 xp short than Rare 3 during challenge events. minimal difference, but I’ll take the 450 extra xp(basically the difference between S2 9-10 and S3 10-10). I’ll use loot tickets on VF, but regular gameplay during AR.

8 Likes

So, not only lack of double loot but also limited appearance of special enemies that drop coins …oh sorry stuff that we don’t need for summon ???

…

This is a hard pass from me. The only good thing about it is that it doesn’t replace AR.

5 Likes

Been saving my summons for this. Having more heroes featured instead of only one is cool. I’m too old for keep chasing those gnomes an entire day repeating same stage but sounds better than Atlantis seahorse, initially.

I have never expected to do summons neither max my heroes emblems with gnome loot, of course, but no double loot from stages repeating stages? ): it’s better to keep tickets for Atlantis Rises. These orichalcum nuggets aren’t easy to obtain and I prefer getting them instead of 3 emblems once a gnome shows up. Sounds pretty cool for XP, though.

Edit: I dunno exactly if it’s double or +50%. I just meant there’s no bonus loot and I give a thumbs down for that. Not a big deal.

1 Like