🧪 Early Information on Updated Ninja Tower Event [Part of The Beta Beat v43]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the updated version of the Ninja Tower Event

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

Updated Event – Ninja Tower

Overview

Changes in the Ninja Tower event:

Now there are two questlines:

• The normal questline has got 25 floors.
  • The impossible questline has got 50 floors, which you can start after the you have completed the normal questline.
  • The overall goal is to “climb” as high as you can in the Tower of Magic
  • Each Floor must be completed before progressing to the next one
  • Floors cannot currently be replayed once completed
  • Each Floor is akin to an event Stage, and features monsters and Bosses
  • Tower of Magic Floors feature a new gameplay mechanic, Oni Stone, which can impart Oni Curses on your Heroes, preventing them from further use.
    • If one of your hero is cursed twice, the you can no longer use it on the event.
    • Costumed and normal version of the hero is count a different hero. So you can use these heroes 4 times in total.
  • Every 2 Floors completed on both questlines, you are offered the choice of a Blessing, selected from one of three options; these Blessings remain active for the rest of the Tower of Magic event, for all of your Heroes on your Roster; See the offered Blessings bellow.
  • Every 3rd offered Blessing is a Rare Blessing so they are offered after every 6th completed floor on both questlines. See the offered Blessings bellow.
  • Ninja Tower uses a new flag energy, called Tower Energy;
    • We receive 10 flags a day, which can not be carried out to the next day.
    • Each level needs 1 Tower enerty, which means that 75 Tower Energies are needed if you want to complete all floors on both questlines
    • There is a special Tower energy flasks, which refills 5 Tower Energy
  • Floors currently have a timer, similar to Challenge Event Stages; likewise, the current scoring appears to use the Challenge Event logic;
  • There’s a Leaderboard, also similar to the Challenge Events; again, one notable difference about the Leaderboard is that it indicates Highest Floor for each player in addition to a Score.
    • The difference from the previous Ninja Tower is the Tower is marked Normal completed right after you have completed the Normal questline.
    • You can improve your score further if you complete the Impossible questline.
  • Rewards are currently structured like a Challenge Event, in that they are based on brackets of a certain number of players;
    • The rewards and the bracklets are almost identical as the rewards of the previous version of Ninja Tower. There are only two differences:
      • Top 1 receives 220 Tower coins instead of 300
      • Top 2-10 receives 210 Tower coins instead of 250
  • Similarly to Ninja Tower we have deadly chamber effects.
    • Toxic Vapor: The battles takes place in a Deadly Chamber that is filled with toxic vapor.
      Toxic Vapor deals X damage to all heroes every 3 turns.
    • Fragile Floor: The battles takes place in a Deadly Chamber that has fragile floor.
      The number of items that you can bring into battle is Y less than normally per item. You can always bring at least 1 item.
    • Errtaic Time: The battles takes place in a Deadly Chamber where time behaves erratically.
      All status effects cast by Heroes are Z turn(s) shorter than normally. They will always last at least 1 turn.
    • There is a new Deadly Chamber called Unnerving Resilience, which is only added for Impossible Questline.

Unnerving Resilience Deadly Chamber Effect

This Deadly Chamber effect only added for Impossible Questline.
It contains 4 sub-effects:

• Strong Mind:
    • All bosses have a 33% chance to resist status ailments that affect mana or prevent use of Special Skill.
  • Elemental Resistance:
    • Having multiple Heroes of the same element in your Team reduces the damage that enemies take from that element (-10% for each Hero of the same element).
  • Unwavering Defense
    • Status ailments that reduce defense are -50% less effective against all enemies.
  • Absolute Resolve
    • Enemy damage taken is reduced every time you use a Special Skill or a Battle Item. The damage taken reduction resets at the start of your turn.

The Strong Mind and Elemental Resistance are added starting from Floor 1.
The Unwavering Defense is added starting from Floor 16.
The Absolute Resolve is added starting from Floor 31.

Stage-by-stage information:

• I have collected the information for Normal questline and half of Impossible so far.
  • Here are the mob colors, wave counts, bosses and the deadly chamber effects for each floor on

Normal questline:

• On all 50 Impossible floors the old 3 Deadly Chamber effects are the same:
    • Toxic Vapor with 100 damage evety 3 turn
    • Fragile Floor: you can 3 item less
    • Erratic time: all status effects are 2 turn shorter
  • Unnerving Resilience
    • Floor 1-15: Strong Mind, Elemental Resistance
    • Floor 16-30: Strong Mind, Elemental Resistance, Unwavering Defense
    • Floor 31-50: Strong Mind, Elemental Resistance, Unwavering Defense, Absolute Resolve

The first 25 floors of Impossible questline:

The second 25 floors of Impossible questline:

• Rewards of completing stages on Normal questline contains some items, and these things:
    (I have also collected how much points you can get by killing all enemies [The first point in the usual challange event scoring])

Normal questline:

First half of Impossible questline:
kép

Second half of Impossible questline:
kép

• After every 5th completed stage on Normal questline you can open a Tower chest.
    (There are no similar chests on Impossible questline)
    Each Tower Chest features a mixture of Fixed Loot (Emblems & Coins) and Random Loot (Crafting/ Ascension Materials & Battle Items).
Tower Chest Stage Unlocked Tower Coins Emblems
1 5 10x 10x
2 10 10x 10x
3 15 10x 10x
4 20 10x 20x
5 25 25x 30x
Total - 65x 80x

Blessings offered after each second floor on Normal questline:

Blessing type Completed Floor Options
Normal 2 +5% Defense.
Summon a Lantern Minion with 5% health and 5% attack inferited from the owner every 5 turns.
+5% Healing.
Normal 4 +5% Health.
50 HP every 5 turns.
+5% Defense.
Rare 6 All Heroes get 5% mana every time a Hero casts their Special Skill.
Stack (Max: 10): All Heroes get +5% attack each turn.
Stack (Max: 10): All Heroes get +5% defense each turn.
Normal 8 50 HP every 5 turns.
+5% Mana Generation.
+5% Health.
Normal 10 +5% Critical Chance.
+5% Mana Generation.
+5% Attack.
Rare 12 Stack (Max: 10): All Heroes get +5% defense each turn.
-15% Received damage reduction.
All Heroes with less than 50% mana gain 50 HP every turn.
Normal 14 +5% Defense.
+5% mana every 5 turns
50 HP every 5 turns.
Normal 16 +5% Mana Generation.
50 HP every 5 turns.
+5% Defense.
Rare 18 All Heroes get 100 HP every time a Hero casts their Special Skill.
All Heroes get 5% mana every time a Hero casts their Special Skill.
Normal 20 Summon a Lantern Minion with 5% health and 5% attack inferited from the owner every 5 turns.
+5% Attack.
+5% Mana Generation.
Normal 22 +5% Health.
+5% mana every 5 turns
+5% Healing.
Rare 24 All Heroes get 100 HP every time a Hero casts their Special Skill.

Blessings offered after each second floor on Impossible questline:

Blessing type Completed Floor Options
Normal 2 +5% Critical Chance.
+5% Healing.
+5% Attack.
Normal 4 +5% Critical Chance.
+5% Healing.
Summon a Lantern Minion with 5% health and 5% attack inferited from the owner every 5 turns.
Rare 6 All Heroes get 5% mana every time a Hero casts their Special Skill.
All Heroes get 50% mana when they enter the Boss Wave.
All Heroes with less than 50% HP gain 5% mana every turn.
Normal 8 +5% Health.
+5% mana every 5 turns
Normal 10 +5% Critical Chance.
+5% Attack.
+5% mana every 5 turns
Rare 12 All Heroes get 50% mana when they enter the Boss Wave.
All Heroes with less than 50% HP gain 3% mana every turn.
Normal 14 50 HP every 5 turns.
+5% Defense.
+5% Critical Chance.
Normal 16 +5% Health.
+5% Attack.
+5% Critical Chance.
Rare 18 Stack (Max: 10): All Heroes get +5% attack each turn.
All Heroes get 5% mana every time a Hero casts their Special Skill.
Normal 20 50 HP every 5 turns.
+5% mana every 5 turns
+5% Critical Chance.
Normal 22 +5% Healing.
50 HP every 5 turns.
+5% Health.
Rare 24 -15% Received damage reduction.
Normal 26 +5% Health.
+5% Attack.
50 HP every 5 turns.
Normal 28 +5% Health.
50 HP every 5 turns.
Rare 30 All Heroes get 100 HP every time a Hero casts their Special Skill.
Stack (Max: 10): All Heroes get +5% attack each turn.
Normal 32 Summon a Lantern Minion with 5% health and 5% attack inferited from the owner every 5 turns.
+5% Attack.
+5% Critical Chance.
Normal 34 +5% mana every 5 turns
50 HP every 5 turns.
+5% Health.
Rare 36 -15% Received damage reduction.
Normal 38 +5% mana every 5 turns
50 HP every 5 turns.
Normal 40 +5% Healing.
50 HP every 5 turns.
+5% mana every 5 turns
Rare 42 -15% Received damage reduction.
All Heroes get 100 HP every time a Hero casts their Special Skill.
Normal 44 +5% Critical Chance.
50 HP every 5 turns.
+5% Healing.
Normal 46 Summon a Lantern Minion with 5% health and 5% attack inferited from the owner every 5 turns.
+5% Healing.
50 HP every 5 turns.
Rare 48 All Heroes get 100 HP every time a Hero casts their Special Skill.

The rest will be added later

Exact wording of the Event Rules:

:mantelpiece_clock: Beta Updates

• Oct 14, 2021 – added for first look testing.

:link: Related Threads

8 Likes

oh. yay. another questline. just what we all wanted.

3* ninjas would have been nice, but yay… questlines…more tedious questlines. huzzah.

1 Like

Before, the tower ninja was great but tomorow, the Tower ninja will be bad …

3 Likes

Players: gee, it sure would be nice if we could continue to complete Ninja Tower with our available tower energy!

SG:

25 Likes

Let this be a warning to all those who complained about the Ninja Tower. Now they’ve bloomin’ well gone and “improved” it. To make it more interesting, like. Bah.

Love this! It’s so great when they do things to break mono play.

6 Likes

Wow, such needed “improvements”!

10 Likes

Yes, it is a big hit against mono play, which I am not sure how much worth it after this.
I will try to test it how big is the fall back because of this.

The other effects will make our “job” to finish the event harder.
Strong Mind is making harder to stop the boss special skills to be a charged and fired.
Unwavering Defense is making heroes with Defense Down and Elemental Defense down less relevant.
Absolute Resolve will complete mess up how you use the special skills and battle items as you maybe need more turns to use the specials and battle items in the meaningful way.

So far I have played Normal Floors only.
I will try to collect that what will be these effect reductions are exactly where it is not specified, and what does they do with the dealt damage.

Maybe the Impossible Floors will be too hard after this so a normal player does not even want to buy/use flasks as they will not able to complete anyway…

14 Likes

If they continue like that, most probably only a few anointed whales will complete Impossible floors. First, you have to pay, next, your roster is effectively crippled by a ton, meaning you have to have a very very large and flexible force of ascended 5*.

To me it seems they are burying their own new project before it even starts.

8 Likes

hey, dont be so negative… see the positives

now you have more (22) ducks flying over the base :wink: in the end all evens up, right? :zipper_mouth_face:

5 Likes

More ducks? I hadn’t noticed that. You’ve cheered me up now.

1 Like

4 Likes

I accept most changes SG makes as it is what it is and I can kinda make out logic. I’m not quick to jump to the “greedy SG” point of view.

Then I read things like this and reconsider it all.

It has zero impact on me and >99.99% of players. So why do they do it. Why nickel and dime for something so dumb.

I’m retiring from competing in ninja tower. It was nice knowing you. The impossible stages require more items and gems without enough loot to back it up.

23 Likes

So there’s no class speciality in this tower again? Shame and disappointed, was hoping rogue, monk and ranger can be cursed 5 times before they are out of commission

4 Likes

These are very interesting. I don’t mind them as is. I generally like content that requires us to think differently about our approach.
These will definitely do that.

1 Like

So basically for the impossible levels of the ninja tower it is not worth using:

Elemental Defense down
Defense down
Anything other than rainbow teams
Proteus/Lotl/Onatel etc.
Any special - Tile damage only

The impossible levels might actually be impossible…

2 Likes

blessings help a alot…
im f2p but im wasting 250 gems to do it

etts on ninja
coins on magic

too bad this AQ… is taking a month out of 3 to do the towers

Yeah… They have not “adopted” this idea from Tower of Magic.

Yeah. I will try to use my basic heroes as long as I can to see how long can they go.

Now you are forced to use tiles to deal damage which will make the bosses to charge and their special might take out your heroes so I am not sure how long they will survive :smiley:

I will use the new OP heroes when I will stuck.

Yeah, they can help. (I have not seen Boss wave +50% mana Rare blessing so far on Normal Questline)
I have done the same too in Tower of Magic.

2 Likes

The sad thing is that constantly and relentlessly in the last few months SG keeps changing the rules in a way to force spending in order to be able to complete everything. This will probably make newcomers leave very very fast - and there are a ton of similar games to choose from, which are way more rewarding to newbies.

7 Likes