šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Updated Guardians of Teltoc Challenge Event [Part of The Beta Beat V24]

Exactly :stuck_out_tongue:

Little bit :wink:

3 Likes
I put in bold the only amunity regarding specials and it only mentions eff. so you should still be able to cast specials.

@DaveCozy does anyone in beta have ammeona and could proc her and then gazelle and vice versa I would like to see how that works, I already have an intuitive idea but Id like it confirmed.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s been a fair amount of diverse feedback, and Gazelle has changed so many times not that itā€™s hard to even keep track of versions weā€™ve tested.

Sheā€™s also not actually officially in testing right now ā€” they didnā€™t give us her to test again.

Sheā€™s only available in Beta right now by Summoning, so itā€™s difficult to test her with the other new heroes. Youā€™d have to Summon and max her.

1 Like

This was actually discussed in Beta, and a member of the Small Giant Staff chimed in to say that the intention is that:

1. Ameonna can enter Ghost Mode while dancing

2. Gazelle canā€™t remove Ghost Mode

The reason being that Ameonnaā€™s Ghost Mode isnā€™t considered a Status Effect, even though thereā€™s an icon marking it.

I havenā€™t personally tested that, just going off what they said.

2 Likes

Very interesting (my intuition was dead wrong evidently), also another question, are minions still able to spawn if the caster is dancing? Thank you for replying btw.

I assume chameleon cant either for the same reason??? which makes me question the status eff list as we understand it currently cause I wonder if there are other intricate effs that block either of these effects. I feel like with these heroes you mods will have a bunch of bug posts just because of the potential confusion about the specials. That being said I think the heroes are an interesting and welcomed change to the norm.

As long as theyā€™re not the result of a status effect, yes ā€” because Minions arenā€™t status effects.

So Inari wouldnā€™t be able to buff the team and Dodge/Summon Minions, but Delilah could Summon, for instance. Druids can also Summon as usual.

An interesting question is QoHā€¦Iā€™ll have to see if someone tested that.

Presumably that should be the case.

Iā€™d say thatā€™s a certainty. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Can gazelle dispel jabberwok attack?

This the most confusingly interesting & intriguing heroes that Iā€™ve heard of. I am so looking forward to hear reactions after releasing them & hope for the best!

1 Like

Thanks to @KLinMayhem for help determining that apparently Queen of Hearts still gets Taunt from her Minion while Dance of Spirits is active.

That means Gazelle and QoH have interesting synergy, as QoH can protect Gazelle from being targeted, and Gazelle can reduce damage done to QoH.

Puss can also add to the mix by making it easier to get and keep Minions on QoH ā€” so the three of them together would be a great (and expensive) mix for Offense.

5 Likes

You mean the Poison DoT? If so, yes.

1 Like

Good to know thanks for the research, I am excited to see some new strategies when the gazelle arrivea

1 Like

Apologize if I missed this somewhere, I ran a quick search and couldnā€™t find an answer, how much damage is 100% if Gazelle dies? Is it a flat amount like Hansel based on attack? If so does that mean they all take like 700 damage?

It is the equivalent of if each hero took a slash attack from Gazelle :slight_smile:

I am pretty sure it ignores the ā€œ50% damage reductionā€ Applied by Gazelleā€¦ not 100% sure tho.

2 Likes

That makes her really good then. I thought it meant they instantly died (100% damage).

3 Likes

How would Guardian Owl and Gazelle synergize?

Like you purposely get Gazelle to die & subsequently kill the other heroes (except Owl) to unleash Owlā€™s special in full force.

NOTE - Gazelleā€™s 100% damage is applied to the ALLIES not the enemy.

2 Likes

I mean I figured that out. I just thought they took damage equal to 100% of allies hitpoints which would be instant death. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Well that Fā€™n sucks! Thanks!
ranvir aswell isnā€™t affect either now I thinking about it.

Are you positive? This is opposite of how identical wording on heroes like Hansel work. Sheā€™s better than I thought of this is true

Can double check for youā€¦ Hang on :slight_smile: