🧪 Early Information on Updated Costume Event (The Masquerade) [Part of The Beta Beat v50]

My heart fluttered when I saw 4 keys in my loot. :flushed::laughing:

Nooooo …, I am about to eat up my now stripped S1 3*. To free up roster space.

Remember they released all 4 S2 costumes at one go. Those who wanted these S2 costumes went whaling. After that …, inactivity.

Think Zynga realised their mistake and learnt their lesson. Hence the trickle of new costumes after that.

2 Likes

I feel if they release new costumes, they should also buff the old costumes. Otherwise forcing the player to pull for the 2nd costume to get boosted stats?

If they want the new skill from the new costume, they can pull it. But the stat boost should match!

4 Likes

That. Picture. :joy: I’m so glad people take the time to make these memes - we need something to laugh at, when facing these “improvements, but really, they are not at all” - changes. Thank you :100:

2 Likes

@PlayForFun Thank you as always for all your incredible efforts in reporting on beta.

Can I assume there is no change to the updated Costume Quest in the most recent beta?

Thanks!

We have not received the costume quest so we do no know whether is there a change or not.

Actually we do not get the Convent Quest either as Staff told that they have found a critical bug in it what they cannot fix before the Beta Build.

We have received the Tower event, but in that we have a critical bug, which makes impossible to play it (as the game crashes) if you collect the heroes for testing…

We do not have the Costume chamber either just the other two portals.

4 Likes

That sounds promising. :joy:

6 Likes

Sure, why not just release them?
W3K-style, no-listen beta-as-we-go

2 Likes

W3K… the first nornal Beta for it was a total mess with some “minor” bugs:

• If you selected a target to attack there was a 90% chance of getting you can not attack this enemy.
  • Even if you finished the battle there was 60-70% chance the game stucks in “attack phase” where you could see yourself attacking an opponent, which would resulted in 0 points in W3K battle result.
  • There was a 100% chance of getting 0 points for all War attacks in the regular Wars :slight_smile:
    So even a 30 vs 1 War was a guaranteed Draw :slight_smile:

The third normal Beta has a big bug too:

• If there was W3K hero in the opponent in W3K war, then there was a 100% chance of all heroes are revived with 100% HP even if you attacked a team even if that team had only 1 hero allive with 1 HP.

So whatever you all saw in Global Beta and normal W3K was just a top of an iceberg :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I really do appreciate it, even if it is somewhat concerning to hear of so many potential bugs.

Who needs hackers when you can have overly aggressive deadlines?!

4 Likes

My guess is now that the Styx Tower was prepared to have heroes with 3 versions (normal + two costumes) of them.

So it seems to me that Staff have not tested are the Costume related changes working well with the Styx Tower or not.

I have also kindly asked Staff to check the secondary costumes with the other two Towers as well if they are indeed the reason of the problem :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Considering that there was a time there were critical bugs in each tower and mainly Clash of Knights event, the fact it was discovered during dev-testing can be considered as an improvement.

2 Likes

My guess was correct:

If even the game itself is trying to tell them that secondary costumes are not appreciated…

3 Likes

Tell them to check for the emblem quests too, the problem certainly comes from the class restriction which is a specificity of Styx Tower (in comparaison to the other towers) and classes are different for the base hero and their costumes (now plural).

5 Likes

A class Quest should arrive tomorrow.
So hopefully I can test that too.

3 Likes

single
double
triple
quadruple
quintuple
sextuple/hextuple
septuple/heptuple
octuple
nonuple
decuple
undecuple
duodecuple
tridecuple

and on and on if you know the Latin :wink:

6 Likes

Thank you these will be useful when more costumes arrives for existing costumed heroes :slight_smile:

3 Likes

There’s an S1 hero somewhere in under all those layers! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes