🧪 Early Information on Updated Costume Event (The Masquerade) [Part of The Beta Beat v50]

This has to be the worst update of existing challenge by far :rage:. One spends more time for extra one star trainer heroes of each color, which one frequently gets for free from frickin’ Mystic Vision. At least 20 keys would be nice, given that delay between quests is now two times longer.

Greedy SGG!

12 Likes

More effort, fewer rewards

Whoopie!

“But… but… the game economy!”

17 Likes

The last level suggested TP is 5500. That kind of makes sense that they’d do that when you consider what a team of double costumed, limit broken, fully emblemed S1 heroes might look like (all real numbers from beta):

Hero Costume: (Attack / Defense / HP / Power)
Khagan Chief of Leopards: 994 / 916 / 2029 / 1039
Magni Ancient of the Underworld: 1035 / 872 / 1976 / 1035
Vivica Omnimend: 926 / 1022 / 2036 / 1037
Elkanen Lunar Spear: 920 / 1105 / 1893 / 1038
Quintus Love Doctor: 1035 / 888 / 1982 / 1039
Total team power (all with level 29 mana troops): 5533

By the way, that team is not a very good defense team (no synergy), so no surprise that so far it is losing defenses more than 50% of the time. I think any wins probably correlate with whether or not Quintus fired. When he does, it can be pretty decisive.

As to the new and anti-improved event itself, I was able to beat it with a rainbow team that is just under 5100 TP (my current autoplay farming team): MN, Morel, Elizabeth, Hannah, Prof. Lidenbrock. But definitely not using autoplay!

As of the 13th level, even with Hannah’s attack down fiends on him, Joon was able to hit my heroes with a hit that put out more damage than their max health, so guaranteed one-shots if you don’t overheal. By the 15th (last) level, slash attacks from the mobs got up to over 500 HP each and the bosses were easily double.

I beat the last level by using time stops to ensure the bosses didn’t fire much (one did sneak through after an unlucky endless cascade). I only used one antidote, one tornado and three time stops, so I didn’t need very many items. A well-synergized mono team should be able to beat the level even easier and quicker.

So while it was annoyingly difficult, it was far from impossible. I’d estimate that for many players the Omega (aether) trials are probably harder, but it depends a lot on roster options. Hopefully that info can help folks gauge how hard it is / isn’t.

8 Likes

No one even has a 5500TP :unamused:

10 Likes

Read my post above yours. My beta raid defense team using the new costumes and with the double costume bonus has a TP of 5533. It mirrors how limit breaks are pretty much required to reach the suggested TP levels for the Omega quests. Not exactly comforting, though, is it? I’m equally unamused.

5 Likes

Round 2 huh?

Seems like a smart decision to save your keys and wait until the fourth costume comes out.

Not so far ahead of the curve as I used to be.
But still see the wheel spinning round!

11 Likes
The masquerade quest change
  • I liked the proposed reward/WE changes
  • I disliked the proposed reward/WE changes
0 voters
16 Likes

I’m not sure where to start

double costumes (including one that outmodes Alfrike), or

“do fifteen stages instead of six, get the same number of keys, because you really hate having world energy at all or, you know, any time or life outside of this game,” or

TP 5500

21 Likes

New PoV Challenge for myself!

Must… Not… Post… Anything… Negative… In… An… Entire… Day.

Hi, my name is Gwniver. It’s now been two hours since my last negative (yet constructive!) post. It’s nice to meet you all.

And clearly this thread is not where I should be posting because I have nothing positive to say about this at all…

I hope the art work is looking nicer and more sharp than the recent heroes released? :pray:

Yes, that’ll do… For now. :smiling_imp:

22 Likes

The last three stages have a recommended TP that isn’t even currently attainable. I’ll just send a crying emoji to the in-game support chat. I think they’ll understand what I mean.

8 Likes

That’s my challenge too… I’m usually not bothered with nerfs, buffs and other things that SG do to this game. But those costumes… and the quest… I vented in another thread and I’m done. But refraining from criticizing is getting more difficult to me.

In general - yes. I saw them on the internet. 10 costumes are good looking, 2 are meh. The style is fine, but the idea of Khagan costume… He’s… well you’ll see. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

More costumes, more stages, no change in keys :person_facepalming:

4 Likes

this-is-fine-its-fine

15 Likes

How does everybody know how unreleased hero look like? I’m so out of the loop. :unamused:

1 Like

Thx for the poll.
I think I never seen this 100% result anywhere else.

I have given the link of this poll to Staff in Beta Feedback topic :slight_smile:

I hope it convinces Staff to do some change.

9 Likes

Just check images in google for this. I found a facebook profile of a person who uploads photos of all new heroes that are in the current beta.
Try to browse by: empires puzzles klaern and one of the links will lead you to fb.

1 Like

I hope at some point the costumes are different colors. A Blue Joon or a Red Carver for example. That would be interesting too

1 Like

I can only hope that they didn’t bother updating the rewards in beta, but are planning to do so when it goes live…

Also 5500 TP :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Rarely have I ever seen such unanimity in the forums

No, make that NEVER before

9 Likes

Pssst …. Go check FB. Private EP groups on FB. Not the official sanctioned FB account.

Use a new account that cannot be traced back to you.

Have fun.

1 Like