đŸ§Ș Early Information on Titanium Shield Balance Update [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

This is stupid the Shields were fines the way they were

That’s a pretty solid report, thank you.

1 Like

Thank you @zephyr1

I vote you for Overlord :crown:

2 Likes

I am getting tired of people saying that you can fight with an unlevelled team a 13* Titan and the shield must be nerfed. Consider the fact that you need some good teams to reach 13* Titans and using unlevelled Heros is more a joke of Tier1 players. You will hardly be able to craft the items due to ressurces if you are lvl 20ish. So beginning with Ver 30 we consider this item as useless as a ventilator in a wind channel. So we will use our resources for other purposes. To make it clear: for me, the change is unnecessary and reduces the fun.

6 Likes

Seems clear that nobody want this shield to be nerfed, hope SG will listen the players

1 Like

I never advocated for the shield to be nerfed but i understand why it is

It was a pretty broken tool mechanics wise

I mean i get it not many see something is broken when players are taking 3 1* heroes to titans but to me it screams somethin isn’t right

Just never bothered to mention it and never expected devs to fix it

If you cant do decent damage on a titan without exploiting a broken item, probly best to drop down a league

3 Likes

At first, upon reading the description, I thought it only reflect special skill.

Is this just because of the titans with 1*s thing? I think the item is too expensive to use this “exploit” often enough to maintain a higher titan level than you would without it, unless maybe you (and your alliance) are pretty dang high level already

And, if at that point it really is broken and needs to be removed, can’t that be achieved by having it reflect all ailments and 99% of the damage? The 1% of the damage that would not be reflected would kill 1* chameleons in a hit (maybe two) effectively killing the strat, but otherwise the use for the item would be barely affected

The change from reflect to block completely destroys all of the other use-cases the item had
 or, are those broken, too? (They do seem quite good, but I only researched them a little while before seeing this thread and have only used them trying out the titan thing haha)

4 Likes

Try me.

(20 why’d you say anything in the first place?)

(Edit: I genuinely am curious. I’m not here to babyrage about changes I don’t fully understand, I’m here to discuss and try to develop my understanding by hearing other people’s point of view. If you don’t want to explain your view to me, fine, but I’m fairly certain I might “get it” if you did.)

Darn it, I totally agree with your logic. I cant imagine the devs envisioned 1* heros to shine against 14* titans.

For my alliance, we only use shields with rare beasties, that only visit us once every 10-11 days. It’s nice just to cruise and take a mini vacation, because the rare is defeated easily. Thereby ensuring everyone starts with full flags for the next.

I personally don’t use shields, (yeah never levelled HL past Lvl 1 ) but my alliance mates enjoy using shields. Why should their fun be spoiled :angry:.

2 Likes

I’m thinking the argument is to fix shields.

The fact that 1* heros and shields can get 100k+ damage on 14* titans, which are meant to be the hardest, does suggest, the shields are not working as they were intended. A bit like the HoTM that was recently rebalanced.

2 Likes

So, seems like I’m not sure how they were intended to work, I guess?

As I said, IF we accept that the 1* heroes attacking titans thing is broken (which I’m totally open to, just not completely sold on, yet) isn’t there a way to fix that while also NOT significantly diminishing the other uses for the item? Or, is the point that every way the item is being used is broken? I’m open to that, too
 I just want to know why!

1 Like

That right there - i dont know either.

It seems redundant to tweak something that is not, for those crafting and using the shields as they are, broken :thinking:.

Ditto!

This is ridiculous. God forbid an item that is difficult and expensive to make actually be useful. So the players found a way to use it that makes things a bit easier than intended. So what? The hits with shields are incredibly expensive and can’t be kept up. You do it occasionally when you don’t want a swingy hit, that’s it. No big deal.

Shields are one of the 3 or 4 things that are actually useful from the lodge. Can we talk about how worthless invisibility potion is before nerfing something players are actually using? For the costs, so much of the lodge stuff is underwhelming.

It’s not like this is a pvp issue. Leave it alone.

13 Likes

I don’t feel like anyone should complain. With all the complaining about Telluria and finally getting what you wanted, now you’ve all opened Pandora’s box.

Hope you enjoy all the rebalancing that will be happening now.

1 Like

I think it’s pretty clear from the #nonerf campaign that we weren’t exactly all in agreement on nerfing Telly either.

1 Like

More people on here than not were all in favor of nerfing Telluria. I remember very vividly being one of the vocal minority of folks saying this would set a bad precedent.

And here we are not a month later for more rebalancing.

Enjoy.

1 Like

First off, telling me to enjoy is stupid, as I was in camp #nonerf.

Second, I think the two are completely incomparable situations. One is a pvp power creep that just crept forward a little bit faster than intended, and the other is pve situation that doesn’t actually effect anyone.

Third, the precedence was set long ago as this is the third? Fourth? Rebalancing of heroes so far that I’m aware of. There was an issue with (Athena?) that caused a cascade of changes, and then a rebalancing of four stars to bring their power up (or maybe it was three stars, I can’t remember all that), then there was a general buff to a number of heroes as recent as last year, which brought heroes like Aegir up to be useful rather than a door prize.

In summary, your point is not very good.

1 Like

Not the same.
HOTM (as any hero) have effect on OTHER player outside you. A unbalanced hero can ruin game experience to OTHERS

• Ruins raid, if hero is too powerful. No fun to beat, no fun to use
  • Ruins war, for same reason
  • Ruins tournaments.
  • Ruins events (since you can have unfair advantages on scaling ranking)

This is not the same for a Titan item

• There is no DIRECT impact to other players
  • There is no INDIRECT impact to other players. Player’s rank in events does not involve titan items, because they are 5* items and no ranked event allows use them.

So where is exactly the problem to fix and balance? I personally don’t care if another alliance will take advantage on using shields for killing their titans. If they was so clever to think to use 1* heroes this way
 why not allowing them to do it? I don’t see any reason related to gameplay that can explain this change.

I am personally completely against it (even if I a never used 1* heroes on titan with shield, until now)

Totally agree. For example if invisibility potion will not be changed in something useful I will robably end to NOT research it completely.

3 Likes

This is a strange nerf. First, this item is already expensive to craft, thus people can’t consistently use it. Second, it doesn’t affect PvP at all and no one has ever complained about it.

So what if people get high titan scores and better loot? This game isn’t exactly generous when it comes to loot anyway

8 Likes