šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on the September 2020 HOTM (Bai Yeong)

If theyā€™re still doing the male-female alternation this one would be female, as will the red owl lady. The self-stabbing rogue will be a bloke. It figures.

2 Likes

You really need to ask yourself if you want to spend a lot of money on this game to be competitive. Thereā€™s a ton of long term players with anywhere from 20-60 maxed 5* with a 2-3 year head start. Youā€™ll have to pull lots to catch up and donā€™t forget the troop levels will always be behind these players. There not creating any heroes that are more powerfull then the old ones soā€¦ your only alternative is lots and lots and lots of money to catch up. Get some advice from @Pompitous on this type of thingā€¦itā€™ll save you a ton of heart ache

1 Like

Owl lady is a pretty, young woman with short hair and a spear. Zocc is a green-skinned elf/alien looking thing with huge ears. Bai Yeong is a panda with ambiguous gender, but looks a bit more likely to be male based on the attire. You are right though about the alternation. This could be another case of Telluria where the ordering suggests one thing but the artwork makes it more subjective.

3 Likes

Itā€™s to (apparently) make the Tavern a cash portal

1 Like

Thanks for the descriptions. Hmm, well, Iā€™m all for people stepping out of rigid gender roles if thatā€™s what they want to do, but if that results in far more male or could-be male than female characters itā€™s not such a good thing.

Anyway, I suppose only another panda will worry too much about Bai Yeong :laughing:

4 Likes

If that is family name then this hero might be my relative :laughing:. Even though I canā€™t speak the languageā€¦ :roll_eyes:

Iā€™m a guy who doesnā€™t mind dropping a couple hundred a month ( my average anyway) and Iā€™ll tell you I have no plans on using that portal. The odds are ridiculously low to even get a HOTM from the past and then you have about 1/20 of getting the one you wantā€¦ ridiculous. The only thing I like about it is the ā€œxxxxā€ special guy ā€¦ cause 1/1000 will get lucky and nab him and I think itā€™s kinda cool there will be a hero hardly anyone will have.( even though they say heā€™s meh- 20 tier emblems might fix that)

4 Likes

You know- off topic but, one thing that has always made me shake my head. We all have a pile of heroes waiting for matsā€¦ why does SG care if we get the HOTM from the past we want? I mean , why not make it ā€œ you chooseā€ if you get the 1% pull? Itā€™s not like we wonā€™t want just 1 and never pull againā€¦ that would make that portal a money maker and not effect a thing. HAā€¦ Iā€™m still laughing at the players waiting for that ( we will be level 150 with 70 5* maxed by then and not give a flip at that point)

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. Honestly I think the biggest bottleneck is 4* mats, because even if you do pull the heroes, theyā€™re just gonna be benched until you can gather enough mats, and that will literally take years.

My goal is to keep a reasonable level of spending until I either no longer feel like Iā€™m having fun, or hit a wall either due to mats or heroes or whatever, then Iā€™ll reevaluate at that point.

Yep. Here is further advice for trolls:

1 Like

We literally had half heroes of the game balanced because of Vela and telluria (?)

1 Like

Donā€™t even bother trying to apply reason to this. JF is very relevant and was never nerfed - its asinine to treat anything that happens in beta as final until released. Clarissa was also never nerfed and is a solid 5*. Malosi is a strong counter to a lot of heroes. Telluria and Vela - the only ones in that list that were actually nerfed- still seem fine so far. Time will tell.

The histrionics are tired at this point, youā€™re not going to stop it with reason unfortunately.

Back on the topic, I have to agree with the sentiment for this hotm - love the concept, but the execution seems way too limited. Hopefully they will tweak it.

1 Like

Is this meant as satire or am I missing something?

1 Like

Iā€™m sure this is just a new approach where they start the card super crappy then maybe tweak it up slightly from Beta feedbackā€¦ the cog in the wheel is now fixed fellas.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a great comeback. Iā€™d shoot it through of holes but Iā€™d be ā€œbullyingā€ the people that canā€™t help themselves. Just to note bud: when people have to make excuses for you all the time and say ā€œheā€™s passionateā€ or ā€œhe cares about the gameā€ to justify/minimize questionable behaviour itā€™s probably time to rethink your efforts. I know this is your weak attempt to ā€œone up meā€ But, youā€™d probably get more respect buy just directly answering the question posed too you.

they hate everything that is not a fast sniper because they just donā€™t know how to use the heroes but yeahā€¦ JF is such a good guy too, dunno why so much hate on him. Same for Neith, never saw anything wrong with her.

2 Likes

JF would pair amazingly well with Lepus, basically turning him into a Magni who hits 3. Too bad I didnā€™t even try to pull for JF but somehow got Lepus on a single EHT during Springvale blegh. :frowning:

LMAO did 4 different people independently of each other designed that special?!

May I suggest a few ideas for a special?

Paperweight: caster sits there doing nothing.

Dead Horse: caster does 10,000% damage to a dead hero.

Dr. Doo-Doo: caster heals heroes with full health. If no heroes have full health, caster heals all allies.

On a serious note, it seems like the special is made to prevent a single hero from going off during that one single turn. I donā€™t know if itā€™s worth all the mats and feed. Seems like a 2* with 5* stats.

5 Likes

Why not:
Reduce 95% mana of the target?

You would need him to add another ability to gain 95 hp in order to balance out the 5% loss.