🧪 Early Information on the Path of Valor [Part of the Beta Beat v25 & v26]

I’m Actually very excited with this.
Doesn’t matter if you chose to get a premium or not, more game content is always welcome.

Might not be perfect at first( e.g. costumes) But it will get where it needs to be.

This game is the first one I played, and im a vivid to this sort of entertainment, that listens to the community and makes changes and ammends.

Just relax and enjoy it.
No one is forced to play Path of Valor, and surely it won’t give high competitive advantage to those who pay, which is a very important parameter.

Happy gaming puzzlers!

2 Likes

I also very much look forward to this new feature. If what I heard is true, then this feature will make our daily grind meaningful. Right now, grinding for avatars is very… how should I put it nicely… boring

2 Likes

I like the idea . Regarding the f2p scheme i cant complain . All extra free reward is a good news.
To purchase the pass i will consider deepeth things than EHT or some disgregated emblems.
I will purchase the pass only if It has ascension mats . The only thing that is worthy of spending besides the emblems .
I hope a good price . Anyways nice idea

1 Like

All sounds good and exciting to me other than being able to use Bag of Holding relic in challenge events. It will 100% be necessary to have this relic to compete for top 100 spots in legendary especially, anybody who’s competed before knows how important items are, and it’s already hard enough to go for those top spots as a f2p/c2p as it is. I can’t compete in all the events, but building my battle item arsenal and WE flasks for ~3 months to dump them all into a single event to get on the leaderboard is all I really work towards anymore, and it gives my daily 8-7 grind some kind of “meaning.” There’s really not much else to do when you’ve gotten to the “end game” and I’m going to find it pretty demotivating if an essential item for competing is locked behind a, conservatively estimating, $20+ paywall.

2 Likes

Gypsy

1 Like

Build notes also list this:

Many under the hood changes, polishing and bug fixes.

Nothing specific about Path of Valour, but I’ll note it here anyways:

This iteration of Beta is testing this idea to Sort by rarity for hero rosters :slight_smile:

We can all finally organize our rosters by the number of stars each hero has (highest to lowest only).

Also, when choosing heroes for raid tournaments, it’ll show heroes that are allowed first at the top – credit to @Grimtutor for spotting this change :slight_smile:

Personally I’m glad to see some Quality of Life improvements like these :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Well, I was schocked and exited… but I though you pointed this thread: NEW filters for Hero Roster and leveling Heroes – with sample UI design mockups

But sort by Rarity are not so significant.

2 Likes

I don’t know if we’ll ever get something like those mockups (which are amazing). But little steps are okay IMO.

4 Likes

For me it is important to do screenshots of my heroes in that order.Right now its a real struggle to do so.

The thing is they already implemented it…for troops.To transfer it to heroes should take less than one day of work. That would be useful for many players with almost no work involved. That’s one reason I really could not understand that they ignored it so far.

The second layer of ordering is always “sort by power”. I wish that the users were able to choose another one…or to be more precise…choose both layers.

“Sort by rarity” would give my strongest 5* heroes first…no matter what color as the second layer is “Sort by power”.

I would like to choose
“Sort by rarity” & " Sort by color" would give all my 5* heroes and all purple first…then all 5* yellow…and so on.

Reversing that order
“Sort by Color” & “Sort by rarity” would give a different result…all purple heroes first, starting with 5*, then 4* and so on.

And as i already mentionend in the other thread we need a “sort by mana speed”, too.

Empires & Puzzles does many things right to attract players in comparison to similar games but the hero roster usability is below stone age level…it is really much worse than any other similar game I have tested…Nervertheless I stayed with this one.

3 Likes

Beta Update

The second round of Beta for Path of Valor is now closed. I’ll update Beta Beat when Beta reopens for other testing: 🧪 The Beta Beat (v26) – Season 3 Heroes, Path of Valor, Costumes v2, Feb/Mar/Apr HOTM – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

4 Likes

Amen to that brother!

Well said, and I love your idea.

Very well said, Zephyr1!

1 Like

I am extremely excited about the Path of Valor!
I understand some F2P players comments concerning the rewards, however, I’m happy that there is going to be a new challenge/event & everyone will be receiving a certain level of rewards, whether they are F2P or P2P, if they participate.

Our alliance has both F2P & P2P players & I want everyone to be able to do this as a team & discuss it as a team. I’m thrilled that noone will be left out, no matter the reward level. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Looks like Clash Roysles , gold pass, maybe they got the idea from them

If the rewards remain the same as above, i believe they will ask for 10.99 per activation

Which currency? $ ? € ?

Kilos

20 federales are looking

5 Likes

Beta Update

Path of Valor has returned to Beta for additional testing.

The Small Giant Staff have indicated that some of the balance for Path of Valor has still not been finalized, so please remember that the Rewards and Challenges are very likely to change.

I’ve updated the top post of this thread with the updates I’ve observed, which so far include:

• An increase in the number of Valor Challenges from 6 to 8
  • Addition of 3* Unfarmable Ascension Materials at Milestone 34, in place of Bomb Attacks
  • Addition of HOTM Avatars at Milestone 44, in place of EHT
  • Modification of the first Tier of the Defeat Heroes Valor Challenge from 5 Heroes to 50

I’ve also included a sample of 3 Daily Challenges, and will add some more as they rotate in Beta:

12 Likes

Sorry this sounded a bit confusing… Addition? Or replacement? Seems like it replaced the EHT(s)? That’s not a good nerf :frowning:

Thank you for all your hard work this morning (or night wherever you are)

2 Likes

“Challenges”… Really? In those examples there is nothing else to do than farming a mission few times. How could be this named “challenge”? :man_facepalming:

I expected true challenges, for some diversity… Those daily “challenges” are rather pathetic and shouldn’t be named as “challenge” in the first place…

4 Likes