šŸ§Ŗ Early information on the October 2020 HOTM (Zulag)

Nearby healing is always tough. Itā€™s my same issue I always had with Guin too. Do I sacrifice another hitter to have a second healer to make sure my team stays alive in long matches or do I just have to sacrifice hitters who will die by slash damage and hope they do enough damage before they are picked off. Itā€™s an annoying trade off in which Iā€™d rather have a hero heal slightly less but heal the entire team so i donā€™t waste a hero slot on a second healer.

I would use this hero in one of my flags for war but I canā€™t see using him anywhere else.

3 Likes

Exactly !
A) Let zulag affect all heroes

• he would be an okay tank
  • he would be a great offense support

Or

B)

Add immunity to new negative Status ailments for all allies (so like a twisted aeron)

• he would be a great supporter and better tank

C)

Cut the defense against specials and add 50% Chance to set damage to 1 (like BK)

• zulak could be a perfect purple tank

D)
Add undispellability like brynhild does.

• great Support, fine tank

Itā€™s completely insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but it looks like SG broke the pattern of alternating genders for Bai Yeong and Zulag. Following the pattern BY should have been female and Zulag male, but BYā€™s clothing makes it (a panda) look male and Zulag definitely looks female.

3 Likes

Eh just an aeron knock off

Have 2 aerons maxed, Iā€™ll pass

1 Like

If he would boost the attack as well he would be usefull but this is just a bad rigard. IĀ“ll as well

I think this one has some high potential, actually. Those defensive stacks look insane. Match her with Grazul and you have quite a fortress! With +46% defense and +74% special skill defense what can get through, really? Pity thereā€™s no cleansingā€¦

1 Like

I would use Zulag on offense. Wish they had immune to buff dispells like Bryhild

1 Like

Meh, canā€™t stand heal 3, and I canā€™t see any situation where Iā€™d bring this hero in over Rigard ā€¦ if youā€™re going to make another dark healer, make it better (more meta usable) then a classic 4 please.

10 Likes

Beta update

Zulag has returned to beta, with no changes.

4 Likes

She is on Ares level, but I get the feeling most people thing Ares is outdated. At least she does not have the weakness in form of Vela. But I think my Marie-ThĆ©rĆØse would be still better as a tank, especially since she is getting emblems (no other 5* monk with me and Wilbur + Wu are emblemed as war as I want them to) - she is slower but does more. But would not scoff at her, though emblems would go to Heimdall, QoH and Clarissa first (in that order).

You know the purposes of making worse HOTM is to get all of your money in Tavern.
So be wise of your spend guys :laughing::joy:

3 Likes

This is what I have thought actually. I think thatā€™s why all the next HOTM are going to be trash. The good ones will stay behind the expensive paywall of ToLā€¦ So sad.

4 Likes

Even the Tavern has a bunch of trash heroes lol

3 Likes

and remember that these upcoming trash hotm will be added on tavern too, so the message is spend as much as possible now on tavern, the more you wait, the more chance you will get trash hotm from it

Throw a cleanse on this hero and Iā€™d probably use it

2 Likes

I believe his only role is as flank. Tank is no go - malosi

He can support nicely a win sniper and a tank who or an Atomos ( or Tyr), who doesnt have his own heal after rebirth.

Put on the other flank Sif and you got 2 protected snipers and tank with ressurection skill whose both buffs make him an immovable object :slight_smile:

2 Likes

replied to you, but failed adding reply to my text :slight_smile:

Iā€™m not sure that this is a defensive hero, tbh. But without a team cleanse to deal with the defenses that tend to run a lot of DoT and status effects (which completely ignore this heroā€™s high def and special def buff) this hero is definitely lacking a bit for high level play. Zulag should still be pretty viable at the level of play where sniper-heavy defenses are still common

5 Likes

Maybe they have enough money or are afraid of releasing op HotMs since Telly. This one would even stay average if it was fast.

2 Likes

This hero is attempt to make 5* c.Rigard but missing cleansing. Hero is nothing special and really worth of pulling only if you get him after pulling for something else.

3 Likes