đŸ§Ș Early Information on the October 2019 HOTM (Kingston)

But doing so now he is balanced instead of being broken :slight_smile:

Personally I think that it’s great to have challenging fights but we could still have them by choosing to attack with core heroes only, with 4* heroes only, with fewer than 5/5 heroes
 and not having to fight and overcome (still possible feat) heroes that would ruin the game’s balance.

1 Like

We disagree on the point of being unbalanced or OP. I think he’s an up-to-date hero and thought for the future mechanics of the game. New powerful heroes will be launched at the events, the classic heroes will be updated by the costumes, perhaps in the near future the first generation of HOTM will follow the same path.

Kingston’s current beta configuration makes it less effective than Zeline, imagine if she gets an update with costumes (that’s perfectly feasible).

The game is evolving and its heroes, old and new, follow this trend. I do not think it’s effective to try to “cripple” a hero before launch because we think he’s too powerful. In the previous form, he is just one step ahead of Zeline, who I think is more than natural in the perspective of future releases. Achieving a good HOTM is a lot easier than an event hero, although it is also difficult.

As for the challenge, I do not think lowering my squad will fit into it. It is much more satisfying to use the heroes that we strive to achieve and leave at the most, against teams of the same parity or higher, leveling us with the best. For me, this is challenging, not simulating hyposufficiency. But opinion is something very personal, each one has his own.

As far as my opinion is concerned we shouldn’t ask for overperforming heroes with the assumption that there will be another wave of powercreep with the new event heroes and skins.

It simply isn’t farsighted.

Kingston have an improved effect over Zeline: his attack debuff works as Athena’s special and I don’t think that it would be reasonable to put such effects to cover the whole team.
We already had a sniper that would have affected the whole team and it were rightly balanced:

• Magni: Defense buff is applied to nearby allies instead of all allies

This is possible even for Kingston.

Id say he were toe to toe with Zeline.
He is immune to burning damage, his maximum damage output doesn’t lower with fewer targets, his status aliment is stronger, he empower green’s mana generation bonus
 but he doesn’t dispel or deals extra damage against ice.

I suggested this to who I figured were a player in search of challenges, if this were not the case then I’m sorry. :cry:

2 Likes

I’m not asking for heroes in one form or another, Kingston was originally designed that way and had its first beta test like that. Some players have asked for the nerf and he is being tested again from this new perspective. That does not stop me from expressing my opinion.

As for “overperformance”, it depends on our view on the subject, some will find it OP, others will not. Pretty natural in a large and diverse gaming community like ours.

No need to be clairvoyant to check the “new wave of power,” is described throughout the forum. New heroes have been announced with new mechanics, levels and etc., costumes will come “to upgrade heroes” as announced by the developers. It is not a question of precognition, but of reading and interpretation.

I really enjoyed your evaluation of the Kingston especial and comparative with other HOTM, very judicious, led me to new reflection and analysis. In contrast, I believe that heroes like Seshat and Kingston should really step up. Victor is a very fast hero with extra defense for the whole team, plus his other special effects. So this “evolution” is not that big.

Until the arrival of the costumes reach this generativo of heroes, it would take a lot of time, having as reference what was said and what is being tested (precognitive power off).

No need to apologize, this is the case, I am a player who likes challenges, but our definition about it is dissonant. Even so, thanks for the tips and considerations, the clash of ideas makes our dialogue and forum great.

Sorry to not organize the rejoinder by paragraphs, I do not know how to do it. I thought you left the exposition clearer, congratulations.

1 Like

Well, this is the whole point of the Beta, to test and try to tweak unbalanced heroes.
Almost all the beta testers asked for his attack debuff’s range reduction or to him to be made with an average special’s speed.

The “new wave of power” must be controlled, as a beta tester I’ll try my best to not let broken heroes as Finley (just an example) to be released as they are.

This is not a “wave”, it’s a “tsunami”.

It seems to be too early to even talk about skins with sound reasonings, they are too new to see how they will turn out.

Victor gives +30% defense and his direct damage isn’t comparable to Magni/Kingston, Magni were giving he highest available buff defense as Kingston were giving the highest available attack reduction.

But they will still eventually come.

3 Likes

Personally, I thought the previous Kingston was OP.

His atk- to all wasn’t like Zeline’s, it was better. A few tiles on offense would’ve made enemy damage fairly insignificant, and Kingston’s team would’ve had an easy time firing tiles and charging skills
 specially him being fast.

On defense I already explained, but reducing everyone’s attack with further decreases per slash damage would’ve made his already powerful skill even better. Not only does he have high defense, with the way damage calculation works for tiles;

Pre-nerf Kingston would’ve been a monster to take down, tbh he could’ve worked as a tank despite his low HP. Unless you got a good board, it would’ve been over once he fired, lacking Zimkitha the attacking team would’ve had a very difficult time countering with a cleanser or a buffer who are all average speed or slower.

Oh yeah, and he resists burns, and he also has a chance to revive with emblems invested :stuck_out_tongue:

Now to talk about this Kingston, I think he’s totally fine, he’s still looking like a top 5 hero to me. Resisting burns makes his low HP less of an issue and sniping one target with a hard hit lets him work well on the wing of a defense team; unlike Zeline who I think is a better flank than wing, I totally ignore her whenever she’s in the wing since burns can whittle her down
 but not Kingston.

Also getting one of the best talents and class trees makes him pretty scary as even if he is defeated he may still come back. Decreasing atk- is going to still be very powerful, only difference is he doesn’t have a “screw your team, I win” special anymore lol :wink:

5 Likes

So we will wait on the prognosis of the new evaluations. I do not think the original version is OP, but if they decide to keep the nerf, at least increase their HP.

Good luck with the new tests.

Tricky hero to balance 
 at debuff all I felt he was to strong to be a fast sniper, at debuff 3 he’s likely to only hit 1 or 2 targets pretty often (and sometimes debuff no one, if for instance, in a stack with liana and eve). Feel like he needs a completely different functionality, would be nice to see a sniper debuff all, so long as the debuff wasn’t this powerful. Interested to see what the final product here is, do wish that they had different ideas then just more attack down.

2 Likes

@zephyr1 and other beta players

every time the opponent is hit next 4 turns attack is -4% extra.

Titan

You start with -34 attack, you get a 10 combo so titan is struck 10x by at least 3 tiles would that be -40%? So if you’re so lucky to do 4x combo it will be down 160%? So titan can’t strike as hard anymore?

How does this work?

I haven’t checked this in beta, but I’m sure that there is a cap on attack reduction, as there is with Athena’s -Def.

Play strategy: combine Kingston with a hero that summons all-team attacking minions, like Delilah. Each minion hit ticks up the effect.

8 Likes

So redhood delilah kingston seshat and a second seshat?

New green Titan team including buddy

He’s attack down. Athena is def down. And you still need at least a little tile damage :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t use Red Hood against titans. Her fox minions don’t attack, the healing animation is considerably longer than the minion’s slash damage too which ends up wasting precious time.

3 Likes

I wouldnt put Red Hood on that team, or the second Seshat. Red’s minions could crowd out Delilah’s, which actually hit. The foxes are passive. And there’s no synergies between two Seshats.

An anti-blue titan team of Buddy+18, Evelyn, Gregorion, Kingston and Tarlak would be very good indeed.

2 Likes

it’s really sad what they will do with Kingston 
 that debuff will make me think twice if I try to get it 

1 Like

Not me. I’ll still try. Kingston left in original form would have had me questioning if I really wanted to continue playing.

5 Likes

Is this our Kingston? :wink:

https://youtu.be/PdnBh3mOl9U

As far as i know are costumes only for standard heroes. Good so. For example costumed Hel, Zeline or Gravy would be a real balance problem.

lmao. that’s the same picture i sent my ally to let them know about kingston. Put some green clothes on and they are the same

I believe the standard heroes are the pilot plan. But if it works and mainly generates profit, I doubt that it will not be gradually implemented to the others. As the first generation of HOTMs, then the second 
 Atlantis, until you get to the challenging and seasonal heroes. But these are speculations, only time will tell. For entrepreneurs, such a gold mine is hard to ignore.

2 Likes