šŸ§Ŗ Early information on the November 2021 HOTM -- Balbar

Definitely think this is meant to be a 1-2 strike hero. I like the idea of firing Balbar, then Cathal, then Lepiota (if the target is still alive). Completely neutralizes the strongest hero.

And Balbar and Cathal and Lepiota? All that at one hero? You can neutralize one hero just with Lepiota. You dont need the others.

2 Likes

The problem with this HoTM is that the opponent can awaken by any hit (minion or off colour tile too).

2 Likes

Youā€™ll need to feedback to them to change this heroā€™s class to anything else other than druid.

1 Like

They will definitely put Mushroom as Druid. Is it a Mushroom hero? The skill is sporeā€¦

So if the target doesnā€™t get hit, it will be asleep for that long? e.g 15 turns?

You can neutralize that hero if Lepiota is going to be charged enough to fire again when it comes to ghost form. Thatā€™s up to RNG. Lepiotaā€™s ghost form isnā€™t going to kill anybody. Balbar, Cathal and Lepiota are guaranteed to kill or at least neutralize 1, maybe even two opponenets.

Iā€™m not just talking about pausing them, iā€™m talking about sending them to hell. Lepiota doesnā€™t really send anyone to hell. She just lets them visit.

Firing an average green, followed by a slow(ish) blue, and then a fast purple to get rid of a single target?

No offense but how is this a good strategy?

5 Likes

Its as if they made the special skill and then asked themselves ā€œwhat is the single worst possible class that we could give this hero?ā€

4 Likes

First of all itā€™s not all of one thing. There are many options for those threeā€¦that was just one example to bolster my original assertion that this unit seems to be designed to go in tandem with a hard hitter.

As you know, often times you face teams with several threats, with one possibly being the biggest to your team comp. In my case, usually eliminating the one troublesome unit allows me to coast through the rest of the battle. That was all I was saying, and yes, if you eliminate one unit that gives you the best chance of winning, that is good strategy. This is a game with tons of units and options. I was just giving one example out of thousands. No need to nitpickā€¦you have things that are better use of your time I guarantee it.

I was thinking maybe monk, but hanitra has it already and I donā€™t think they recycle classes back to back. Maybe sorcerer would be better?

Just realised there is no paladin hotm this year. This comes to my next gripe, which is the classes these heroes are assigned are like the generic obvious classes. Balbar is mushroom/spores, so obviously druid. Alexandrine looks so much like a paladin, so obviously sheā€™s a cleric. Because she heals, as if clerics donā€™t have an abundance of healers already. Alex could be paladin and have better healer representation for paladin.

1 Like

Thx for the question. I have just tested it.

It looks like the target can awake without taking damage (which is hard to accomplish) after about 9-10 turns.
I have justed asked Staff to include this on the hero card if it is intended.

Disregard the above part. Maybe earlier something happened what I have not noticed. Now I could made the opponent to sleep for 15-16 turns when I have forced to awake it by tile damage.

Based on Staffā€™s answer to me there is no limit on how many turns can the oppoent stays in sleeping state.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s interesting mechanic, ngl

I think you missed my point. Iā€™m not questioning the strategy of using three different heroes to neutralize a single target. Iā€™m questioning your choice of three heroes of different elements and mana speeds.

How is that better than three heroes of the same element and same mana speeds?

I know it sounds fancy but Balbarā€™s special is very simple IMO: he deals 300% damage and increases the subsequent damage to the target by 50%, but only one subsequent damage.

The sleep aspect, is very weird and unreliable at the moment, as it takes any random damage to the target to remove it.

The only way it would work is if the duration of the sleep effect was measured in turns instead, at least 1 but preferably 2-3. That way players could plan and control their strategy, instead of depending on RNG, seeing as the wrong smallest cascade would dispell the effect.

5 Likes

Hello It says ā€œall damage dealt to a sleeping target is increased by + 50%ā€ Shouldnā€™t it be in the next line of the text ā€œsleeping target is awakened at the end of the turn in which it took damageā€ In my opinion that would be more consistent with the rest of the text. Regards.
Personally, I also think that it would be better for this hero if ā€œhis sleep would be strongerā€ If he could be awakened by a special attack or at least damage "greater than x (for example, damage greater than 50) The hero would be much more interesting and the interest in him would probably be greater.

1 Like

Does activating a diamond and the following tile cascade count as ā€œone attackā€? Then he could be a solid boost against titans. Def down + elemental def down, making the titan ā€œfall asleepā€ and then use the diamond.

Some are probably going to make him work in raids, but at least at first sight, he seems more like a titan hero to me. Since tiles are the primary damage output against titans, it usually doesnā€™t hurt to hold off on firing a heroes special skill until the board is more favourable to take advantage of the 50% extra damage via a tile cascade.

But it only one tile count during sleep as I understand, not sure how it works though.
Can any Beta users try with 2 tiles or more during sleep? And see if all tiles applied +50%?

1 Like

It does not.

I tried it twice sending three tiles against a single target, and both times, one tile had 50% more damage than the other 2. Funnily, both times, the tile damage was exactly 32, 33, 50.

2 Likes

What if the tiles come from different combo sequence?