🧪 Early information on the November 2020 HOTM (Glenda)

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the November 2020 HOTM, Glenda.

All Information from Beta is Subject to Change!

Don’t get attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

Glenda Beta Info & Stats (Extremely Likely to Change)

Attack: 745
Defense: 723
HP: 1357

Element: Ice :snowflake: (Blue)

Class: Wizard
Innate Ability: This Hero has innate resistance against status ailments that give immunity to new buffs. BuffShield

Mana Speed: Average

Special Skill: Midnight Magic

• Deals 240% 270% damage to all enemies the target and nearby enemies.
  • All allies The caster and nearby allies get additional +30% +40% for Special Skill attack damage for 4 turns.
  • Dispels status ailments from all allies the caster and nearby allies.
  • Element Link summons an Ice Minion for all Ice allies with 5% HP and 5% attack inherited from the caster.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see:

12 Likes

Glenda has the best synergy with Frida, Athena and Ariel. First blue minion summoner?

2 Likes

Quick thought: she’d be good for my blue stack
Role: Special skill damage buffer? Cleanse is nice
Innate ability: off of the top of my head, I can’t name a hero who prevents new buffs (I know I’ve seen it recently, but forget who)
Elemental link: first blue minion generator! 5% attack won’t help so this is the definition of meat shield. But why would I ever want a 5% minion over the 4% heal for 6 turns? Maybe to “over heal”. Maybe to counter healing preventers. It just seems worse than the elemental heal.
My bias: I use Kiril+18, Frida+11, and Grimm+18 as my blue stack. They’re all average speed so Glenda could fit in here well. Attack buff, elemental defense down, defense down. Otherwise I’m not a huge fan of average damage all heroes.

Do I want Glenda: As f2p I’ll take her, but I’m not overly excited. When I think of average mana Blue HOTM, I’d rather have Frida or Aegir.

3 Likes

Mist. But as a 4*, I don’t see Mist being brought to tackle this hero anyway. Maybe SG has some more heroes lined up?

Killhare and Ursena, I wont mind maxing them.

Glenda is better than Aegir IMHO. I would love to have her, though she will be waiting for her turn on the scopes as my 1st Magni and Miki are eagerly impatient for it. I have already maxed Frida, Athena, Master Lepus, Vela, Snow White and Ariel.

3 Likes

Oh yes, this one looks good… >:-)

1 Like

I’m saving all my event coins for November

2 Likes

When nordri and jott die, you get blue minions too :smile:

3 Likes

This was similar stats to Neith pre-release. If Glenda gets release as is, they really need to fix Neith.

4 Likes

Sooo… we need to wait til november for a decend Horm? Nice

I do like her initial ability and stat. Lets wait for the nerf and talk again later

3 Likes

Hmmm 30% additional on specials sounds quite low.

I dont think its 30% on top of the specials like f.e. killhares 300% to all will not be 330% to all (because that would be great).

So where is the benefit? Any “normal” attack bonus will do the same?

Yes, it stacks but compared to many average mana hitters (ursena 260%, mokare 270%, killhare 300%) her 240% are just “okay”

Yes, sadly that is how the damage formula works.

Maybe compare her to slow Quintus :rofl:

Let’s set Ariel and Raffaele aside for a moment (though they’re hardly more paywalled than Glenda).

I honestly think I’d prefer to bring Costumed Sonya in most situations where I’d need a blue cleanser. I just don’t think Glenda is doing enough, though admit I’m uncertain how +30% special skills will shake out in actual raids. On paper it doesn’t seem threatening enough.

4 Likes

Sounds like dev has ran out of ideas on elemental links using minions with 5% HP & 5% attack seems useless…should have been better to keep repeating the old ones critical, mana, healing, def up, attack up etc

Minion elemental links make these HotMs and element unnecessarily prone to heroes that attack minions/ minion owners

2 Likes

Gravemaker (and others) give +5% attack and +5% defense. That’s a small benefit but a real disaster when Finley fires.

I agree with what you’re saying and look at the minions in the same way: the very modest overheal and DoT in the form of a minion is a small benefit, but a real disaster when a Grimble type fires.

Not everything a hero does has to be good (e.g., Springvale heroes) or even be good in all situations.

5 Likes

You’re forgetting Nordri :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yeah but heroes like Killhare/Mok have higher damage with the trade off of a negative skill like hitting your own heroes or undispellable defense down for everyone.

This hotm should be compared more to Kong who has lower AOE than Killhare/mok but gives blue defense up and a cleanse.

It seems fair to match this hotm with Kong and bring it up to 250 but even that is stretching it because she’s pretty powerful as is. I wouldn’t go anything over 250 or else that would be wayyyyyyy too strong

1 Like

I completely agreed.

She looks pretty balanced, her stats are good and 240% is pretty decent combine with the other effects that make her a rather good hero !

2 Likes

Nordri is a 3 star Frida but does not summon a minion :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

They’re referring to the Jotunheim Realm bonus - they’re all blue and they summon a weak minion for everyone when they die.