šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on the November 2019 HOTM (Neith)

Luckily, Neith doesnā€™t strike me as good tank material and thereā€™s Ursena for dealing with yellow flanks or wings :wink:

Iā€™ve been following this thread religiously. I want to be certain Neith is worthwhile on offense, if Iā€™m going to pull hard for her.

Current status:

Darts: 9 total
Maxed Yellow 5s: Onatel, Joon, Delilah
Maxed Yellow 4s: Jackal 1, Jackal 2, Wu Kong, Gretel
Contenders for the darts: Musashi, Leonidas, Ranvir, Vivica, Neith

Current thinking:

Itā€™s worth pulling Neith because I have plenty of holy damage (Joon, Jackal, Jackal) and could use a utility hero. The question is whether Neith will be more effective on offense than Musashi or Leo. I still havenā€™t answered it, but at least came to the conclusion that Iā€™m ready and willing to pull for Neith, throw emblems on her, and drop her in my defense team (despite my focus being offense) for wars like so:

[Alberich] [Gravemaker] [Kunchen] [Neith] [Magni]

This team will be a royal pain during wars, so thereā€™s thatā€¦ Butā€¦ Iā€™m still not convinced Iā€™d be better off with Neith on the war squads, compared to Musashi (go ahead an laugh - fast action hitters win matches! Even if Musashi is lackluster in damage) or Leo (again, heā€™s slept-on, his mana-down, self-heal looks pretty darn effective on offense).

Iā€™ll continue to follow the thread, but Iā€™ve never seen so much debate over a HOTM since Aegirā€™s release. Neith is shaping up to be a worthy utility, or perhaps a great disappointment. Leo and Musashi stand ready to steal those darts if needed.

1 Like

The heat and frenzy of comments clearly indicates that Neith has captured our collective imaginations. In our individual dreams of the ideal hero we donā€™t all have the same attributes in mind, in part that is purely preference and in part is driven by pragmatism due to our existing rosters.

My first impression of Neith when reading the description Zephyr1 so kindly posted is that Neith is a damage dealing Guin with the extra blind thrown in to make up for the weaker mana cut. With damage instead of heal and non-tank stats she seems designed for defensive (right) flank and ideal partner looks to be Kunchen (Defense because mana cut is more effective on defense than offense, 10% is too easy to refill with a couple of tiles on offense).

For a huge percentage of players Kunchen is not an option, at the top end Kunchen is in a large percentage of teams. For overall game balance it was probably necessary to adjust Neith assuming Neith would be next to Kunchen (or perhaps Santa as well, Winter Event is coming soon and there will be a new set of Santas flowing into rosters), without the damage adjustment I believe that SG would quickly be accused of aiding the big spenders/whale/long term players by cementing in an unbeatable combo and not ā€œallowingā€ new players to reach the upper echelons.

The synergies are key, look back at older threads regarding Boss Wolf, he was nerfed badly due to devastating synergies with Guin. Neither hero was/is easily obtained and therefore would have opened an immediate chasm between big spenders and ALL other players.

I believe Neith as a mana cutting damage dealer is harder to balance than Guin was as a mana cutting healer with a Heal over Time (HoT). In addition, each new hero is harder to balance because there are so many more possible synergies now that there are so many more heroes in the game.

12 Likes

Valeria and Victor are not weak. Both are strong. Only Vlad is weak

2 Likes

Vlad is baaaaadā€¦

20 bad Vlads

2 Likes

Moderatorā€™s Note

The Small Giant Staff have announced the November and December Challenge Event schedule: Sneak Peek & Schedule Changes for Challenge Events & Atlantis Rises in Nov/Dec 2019

(Posting here for people who want to consider when they plan to possibly Summon for Neith.)

3 Likes

@zephyr1 what happened to the bit about the odds of summoning x hero blah blah?

Those have never been in the Beta threads, I put them in the post-launch threads.

2 Likes

Well that sucks. Alright doin another search lol

1 Like

Itā€™s an interesting idea to add them to the Beta threads, though.

I think Iā€™ll start doing that in the future.

4 Likes

Hi everybody. Thatā€™s my first post and I decided to join this discussion because I think that Neith deserves better appreciations (and Iā€™m still looking for a yellow 5* and Iā€™d like her).
I think sheā€™s near to be ok but I would change some effect, not the damage (150% is ok) nor the speed (average is the right speed for a hero who cuts mana and makes you blind)ā€¦ Iā€™d just pump a little the mana cut to 15%-20% OR the undispellable speed bonus for yellow heroes from 4% to 10%-15%.
I think that in this way Neith would be more attractive without being overpowered.

My 2 cents :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Her undispellable effect follows all other champs who have it, so that wonā€™t change. I wish they would boost her damage though from 150% to 170%-195% then she would be fair and not overly powerful. The problem with Neith are her stats, it seems that she doesnā€™t belong anywhere. Defense isnā€™t worth it as enemies can charge their mana back in one tuen, and her stats donā€™t justify her flanking and her damage doesnā€™t justify her as a wing. On offense she gets better with a blind and mana down, but her damage is still not great.

If Neith was going to shine I would up her damage as stated above and reduce her blind % to 30%.

3 Likes

Defense the mana cut can be devastating. Imagine you charge up all your heroes in a massive cascade but it sets Neith off. Now instead of using 5 specials and destroying your enemy your mana is stuck at 90% and you may not have the right matches available to charge them up again right away, donā€™t underestimate that mana cut, itā€™s why Guin is so devastating. Blind is also devastating on defense. Blind + mana cut seems devastating on defense.

I think sheā€™ll be a premiere yellow flank beside a purple tank. I think sheā€™ll make a decent yellow tank in a pinch.

7 Likes

Sure the mana down is nice, and the blind, but Gwen outshines her by far considering Gwen gives defensive buffs and a heal. Neith is a sitting duck when the tank is down, and while you may have to charge your heros again, once they are charged and fire Neith wonā€™t survive to get another special off.

Neith would be better flank if her health was higher and her defense was higher as well, but SG decided to keep her attack up and lower her special damage. Sheā€™s decent, but not I donā€™t think people will be in awe of her.

1 Like

This entire thread summed up in two quotes :rofl:

14 Likes

hmmmm this has got my head spinningā€¦

1 Like

She was OP with 220% damage to all but with this 150% now she itā€™s justā€¦ I was ready to make a lot of polls until I get him but like this now I dont want it

2 Likes

I actually have both Guinevre and Justice maxed, but iā€™m gonna try for Neith (and Victor).

I would like to use in wars a Guinevre-Neith-Leonidas trio for a total mana control.

5 Likes

And this couldnā€™t be further from the truthā€¦She was a damage dealer before the nerf. Now sheā€™s a 5* Hu Tao that hits weaker than Hu Tao who steals a little manna that can easily be regained with a few tiles

3 Likes

Define few tiles please.

And then, tell me how much tiles you need to regain your mana after Guin special.

3 Likes