šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on the new Challenge Event Heroes (Pirates of Corellia, Fables of Grimforest, Guardians of Teltoc, Knights of Avalon, and Wonderland) [Part of The Beta Beat v23]

Full games used to cost 60 $us max back when they sold it in CDs. I use that price to compare all types of games.

Call me cheap or whatever. I think youā€™re grasping at straws right now. Iā€™m not gonna comment about my business with a guy who hides behind a screen. Iā€™d rather keep discussing about E&P heroes :wink:

4 Likes

@Texas1970 you seem to be making repeated comparisons between E&P and a retail store business.

They share some commonalities for sure, but their business models are very different.

You might do better to choose business models for comparison that have free (ad supported) users and premium users ā€” social media, online news outlets, search engines, and TV channels are potentially useful examples.

All of those businesses rely on a large mass of ā€œfreeā€ users in their monetization strategies ā€” in a way that a grocery store does not.

7 Likes

Donā€™t you dare criticize Elenaā€™s artwork. Maybe sheā€™s a bit cartoony but sheā€™s cute as a button :joy:

Imo this game has really good art and hero concepts. Only in E&P youā€™d see a cool moustachioed fisherman as one of the strongest heroes.

I wish it wasnā€™t against the rules to share beta pics in the forums. Iā€™m curious about Seshat, Nadnog and G. Chameleon tbh.

3 Likes

Itā€™s against the rules to share beta pictures anywhere, but they almost always make it to the internet. I havenā€™t found Guardian Chameleon yet, but the upcoming heroes of the month can all be found really easilyā€¦ although, you can just wait a few hours for Seshat :wink:

Beta testers would lose their beta access if they were caught, but since the sites the content is posted to is outside of SGā€™s control, it is difficult, if not impossible, to figure out who did it.

2 Likes

And we know what event we should see in July?

We do not, at least for the moment.

Would have to respectfully disagree with you on two counts:

The benefit F2P players provide to the game is to fill out alliances and contribute to the atmosphere in many of those alliances and some contribute to the wider community in other ways. SG still makes money from F2P players watching Mystic Vision, potentially from player recruitment if they invite any friends to join (who may spend themselves) and make a large enough player base to be worth playing the game.

Now Iā€™ve been a pretty heavy spender in this game and there have been a number of times Iā€™ve spent for a specific 4* hero, as it may be coming soon Iā€™ll use Grimforest as an example - only reason I pulled at that event was because of Hansel and Gretel to diversify the number of colours I had effective mana control/cutters in, I would not have pulled on the basis of the 5* heroes - Rumple is too random to plan attacking around, very slow mana would have put me off Boss Wolf and given how low the chance of getting a 5* event hero is anyway from a Challenge Event only having one 5* that I might have been interested in was not going to be attractive enough. I happened to get lucky and have Red Hood drop before Hansel but the fact remains that without the 4* heroes in that gate I would not have spent there. Given how low the odds are on event 5* heroes the presence of 4* heroes allow many C2P players to come away from a gate feeling like they did at least get something for what they spent - if the alternative is going through multiple events and picking up no event heroes of any kind then they wouldnā€™t be sticking around with the game. And finally the addition of new heroes to lower tiers of the game does mean that the likes of 4* Raid Tournaments have less chance of becoming stale. So yeah whilst I may get enough duplicates of a number of event 4* heroes that I feed away some of them I still love using a number of those heroes to the point Iā€™ve emblemed so up and that is from someone who does spend quite a bit in game.

3 Likes

Iā€™m in the thousands spent since 2017. My roster also doesnā€™t NEED any new heroes.

I want more 4 stars. The odds of a 5 are too low to chase. If it happens it happens. I WILL draw for a higher percentage 4 star. I did for Hansel. I did for Buddy.

A shiny new 4 star also helps absorb the blow of NOT getting a 5 star in your summons, which happens a lot. I can only level so many Kiril, Grimm, and Rigard. And what does yellow have? All the yellow 4ā€™s leave a lot to be desired in a raid scenario.

Adding 4 stars and even cool 3ā€™s like Muggy go a long way to the quality and longevity of the game. Not to mention most people can actually ascend them. I personally have over 30 of every 4 star material, Iā€™d like to use them. Orbs may as well be battle manuals.

7 Likes

I agree. I plan on spending on Sand Empire. Waiting for July since I already have Ranvir. The only reason Iā€™m spending is I want Hisan, Arman, Jabbar, and Gafar. If Rana or Yunan fall onto my roster, Iā€™m certainly not going to be upset about it, but I wouldnā€™t be summoning for just them. So many people summon for Atlantis because it has 3 and 4 as well as 5. I think every event should have at least two of each 3* and 4*. Iā€™m gonna summon around Christmas time just because I want Rudolph(already have Buddy). Iā€™m certainly not expecting Santa or MN.
I love variety. With more and more ways to utilize just 3* or 4*(tournaments), I love adding to the pool of options. Plus, since those lower * heroes are less powerful, they can give them some crazy skills without making them game breaking. Imagine Wilbur as a 5*ā€¦ no. Iā€™d love to see more 4* with some absolutely crazy specials. Iā€™d spend for them over 5*

3 Likes

I think the other reason I like a good 4* is that given the drop rates on 5* trying for certain ones are a serious investment that whether I would try for it depends on whether it would significantly add more to my bench or not - heroes that are more novelty or fun factor than game impact I wouldnā€™t chase as a 5* but if theyā€™re 4* with their better rates Iā€™d go for for that fun factor. I know Proteus is widely regarded as the best 4* purple (and if I were forced Iā€™d probably have to agree) but I reckon Iā€™ve had more enjoyment mucking about with Merlin than pretty much any other hero in the game - the law of diminishing returns seems not to apply to watching the fearsome enemy hero slap an ally and lose all their manaā€¦

2 Likes

Thatā€™s another good point. Cheshire Cat isnā€™t that great(in my opinion), but I do intend to level him just for the fun of playing with him.
Merlin though, I think is fun and all around a good hero. Mana control is amazing. He isnā€™t just fun, he also is really great.

3 Likes

Absolutely, I think by the end of the Christmas event Mother North was sick of the sight of my Merlin and would have thought of pledging to stop making magic porridge and stick to Museli instead from then on.

1 Like

Iā€™m jealous. I had to use time stops and tornadoes to beat the final stage. I hadnā€™t been playing that long and didnā€™t have any mana control.
Iā€™ll be better off this time around. I canā€™t wait to level Merlin, he looks like a lot of fun and an all around great hero. I want to see more cool 4* like him.

1 Like

seshat is great imo! elenaā€¦ if i even got her i wouldnā€™t level her because of artwork alone (i have a solid bench now, so i can be petulant and choosy :smiley: )
wilbur is definitely one of the better concepts and i like his artwork! guess it helps heā€™s handsome in a burly way.
same goes for tarlak, anzogh, kiril, lj, mitsuko, ursena (bit creepy that one) etc. but they all follow a certain sense of realism even if the artwork sometimes clashes a bit. but there are definitely some very sore thumbs that seems to be there from the very beginning and it shows. weird proportions, unnatural poses etc. i mean domitia can (hardly) pass probably but what on earth is going on with ariel? i mean i have her and isarnia and one extra point for isarnia is that she does not look like a fool in my roster. call me crazyā€¦ to be fair, they will both get telescopes in 2034, when i get all 11 that i need.
Poseidon has such a weird small headā€¦ guardian panther, took me few months that that weird mass behind her is her hair.

itā€™s one thing to stretch out artistic license but on too many occasions it devolves into a caricature and that goes horribly against heroes that are genuinely polished, like caedmon or sonya or some newer ones like ranvir and marge.

2 Likes

Only pumping out new cool 5 stars with such a low drop percentage may scream dollar signs, but itā€™s a very narrow vision. Research canā€™t show whatā€™s on peopleā€™s minds when they draw. SG we are telling you in this thread what is. We want more options at the 3 and 4 star levels.

7 Likes

Does anyone know if these new heroes will appear in the upcoming challenge event on the 11th?

I donā€™t know, but honestly I would hope not.

This is a lot of new heroes to be testing at once, and some have bugs, and others need adjustments. Itā€™s certainly possible theyā€™ll release the first ones this month, but it seems a bit rushed to me if they do.

1 Like

No, the new Challenge Event heroes wonā€™t be released yet. Weā€™ll start with the improved Pirates of Corellia Event once itā€™s ready (no ETA yet but hopefully in the coming months). Weā€™ll inform players before that happens.

22 Likes

So the next challenge event in July will be Fables of Grimforest and not Pirates of Corellia?

1 Like

Yep, we are continuing the rotation for the time being (so, Fables this month).

16 Likes