đŸ§Ș Early information on the May 2021 HOTM -- Yang Mai

Instead of giving resistance of a stronger colour offense 
why? To have red Vs green and etc? To stand a chance for defence in Raids/Tournaments/Wars?..:woozy_face:

Stealth Ninja, I was playing the game when they only did offers now and then. It was at a time when there was Atlantis and challenge events and that was it. I prefer the game as it is now , with costume chamber, ninja tower, S3 and S4 and whatnot. I don’t feel I have to win all the time and assuming that one gets into the top 100 for more than a day or 2 is so unlikely and irrelevant. that’s not why I play the game anyway. It entertains me and I enjoy the artwork of the heroes as much as their skills. I think it is good that you stopped playing, now you should leave the forum too. I hope you find what you want. Good luck with it. One word to addiction: I am a former addict (well over 2 decades) and have not found it necessary to go over my budget in the last 2 years. Didn’t even want to. Again, good luck!

1 Like

I am not sure about other options but I certainly see this working for one of my teams which currently has Wilbur, Baldur, Noor, Lady Wool and Guillibursiti. i use this against Freya tanks and wins through a battle of attrition. She would slot in very nicely there with her damage shared across the enemies compounding with Baldur’s hits and Noor’s minions, and recharging mana as a bonus. Would just need to work out which of the yellows to remove - probably the pig

This game is, for the most part, it’s heroes. The mechanisms are all the same. New story modes are all the same. Ninja tower added something new and for that I appreciate it. But each new hero you obtain, and each new hero you fight against, does add something more to the experience and to the levels of challenge and strategy available.

I appreciate that after 2.5 years of playing I still find I make mistakes if I look back and review a lot of my battles - this shows me that I still have a lot of room for improvement above and beyond whatever RNG serves me. And I enjoy working towards that improvement.

Now I can see how paying to try to obtain heroes in order to “keep” up can be an addition for some, and I think it is valid to walk away from the game if that happens. Personally I don’t pull to keep up, I pull to increase my enjoyment of the game through the variety and synergies a new hero offers. I can be competitive for a very long time with my current roster, even though it wouldn’t be considered as a “top-tier” roster. It is currently my only hobby that drains the finances and as long as it provides me entertainment there is nothing wrong with putting money into it.

I am probably one of the few people woh actually think having the odds of pulling that there are in the game is a good thing - easier access to heroes or ascension mats in the game would have long agao led to it becoming stale for me and I suspect for other people. The fact that there is always something to strive for, and the rarity provides actual moments of joy when you do get lucky, keeps me and I suspect a lot of other players playing well beyond a standard expiration date for a mobile game. There are definite areas of improvement like duplicate heroes, but most of it is fine as-is.

Anyhoo veering way off topic - would be quite happy to get this new HOTM to pair with Wilbur, Baldur and Noor

5 Likes

I’m not sure you’re in the minority there. Heros falling like confetti would be boring as all hell and I think most would agree

This part is a touch vague, unless you mean 100% pull chance. “Easier access” could, conceivably, be 5% chance at a legendary. Hardly a high chance of success, but is significantly higher than at present, which would be “easier access” by definition.

Also regarding the AMs. At mid to low levels of alliance, the drop rates are appalling, outside of the garunteed mats via the quests/events. Could SG allow 5 - 9 star titan, for example, drop the rarest mats more often? Would this break the game, or perhaps encourage more rigorous participation from players at those levels?

Just genuinely curious as to at what point you’d consider it tips over from grinding for nothing, to handing out everything for everyone.

4 Likes

I think the pull chances at portals should remain the same.

I think TC20 should be enhanced to also have a chance at Atlantis heroes at least.

I think HA should be 10%

I think ascension mats could be increased by varying levels depending on where the source is. 1 or 2% for a 5% or 1% tourney finish for example should be more like 5% and 10%. Titans and raid chests could both probably increase by 1% across all tiers.

2 Likes

Interesting. Personally, I’d go higher with the titan chest, as that is the longest to fill, potentially the hardest, depending on your level. The portals too, at their current odds (1.5% or worse?) could do with an increase, in my opinion.

Other than that? I’d agree with you. None of what you, or I, have suggested would break the game. It wouldn’t reduce the grind for new players (often a stick used to beat players with
"we had to do it like that, you must too!). It wouldn’t lead to a catastrophic influx of heros for everyone either. An increase, yes, but not of biblical proportions.

Thanks for your reply. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Maybe some way of converting between different types of 4* mats that is accessible to mid level players. Not 1-to-1 but with costs

Increasing the odds of the mats doesn’t reduce the frustration of having lots of darts or tabards, but no blades and tomes

Yang Mai be like

yang mai

4 Likes

It’s not May yet. My EHTs are waiting

1 Like

Off topic but he gets really really annoyed when anyone asks him about the Dawson’s Creek crying scene :joy:

He stormed off a British morning chat show a couple of years ago when the presenter mentioned it

But
 but
 it was the pinnacle of his acting career

like say through the alchemy lab

Oh wait
it does that already.

1 Like

Yeah, a mid-level player won’t have a level 10 Alchemy Lab within the first 1.5 years at least. The discussion is about the players who have not already maxed out their buildings

1 Like

Actually the discussion is about Yang Mai

5 Likes

While acknowledging this.

I’m well aware of this.

And is why I posited lower level titan (for a prime example) dropping the rarer mats more often.

Apologies to the OP and the contributors to this thread. I’ll stay out now.

1 Like

Oh man, dont waste your EHTs on a non seasonal pull. I got lucky waiting since the Halloween event, saved up 30 EHTs and came away with Killhare and Lepus. Hopefully you can get this HOTM wihout using your EHTs

2 Likes

She’d also be useful in a buff tourney, since she’ll get 2 buffs on her special alone. the attack stack, and the elemental link.

2 Likes
4 Likes