🧪 Early information on the May 2021 HOTM -- Yang Mai

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the May 2021 HOTM, Yang Mai.

All Information from Beta is Subject to Change!

Don’t get attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

Yang Mai Beta Info & Stats (Extremely Likely to Change)

Power: 790

Attack: 743
Defense: 762
HP: 1369

Element: Fire :fire: (Red)

Class: Monk

Innate Resistance: Resist Water Damage (image )
This hero has an innate resistance against Water damage.

Innate Ability: Status Effect on Mana Reduction
This hero receives the following status effect on Mana Reduction:
“The caster gets +30% attack for 3 turns.”

Mana Speed: Fast

Special Skill: Flaming Fury

• Deals 270% 280% damage to the target.
  • Has a 70% 60% chance for additional hits on random enemies up to 4 times. Additional hits deal minor damage.
  • The caster gets the following status effect for each hit:
    • Stack: The caster gets +5% attack. The maximum size of stack is 10.
  • Element Link gives all fire allies a small amount of mana at the end of each turn for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see the master #beta-beat thread:

🧪 The Beta Beat (V37, V38 & V39) – Advanced Hero Levelling, Future S4 Heroes, Hero Balances, Future HotM's, Non-S1 Costumes, Starfall Circus Heroes + Event -- Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

19 Likes

This one actually looks intriguing. High probability of next hit and the stack for each hit means rather quickly permanent 50% attack boost (unless Equalizer War) that stacks with others.

10 Likes

Or (more interestingly) Titans.

• Base Attack = 743 (19th of 36 5* Reds)
  • +2 stack = 817 (7th of 36x 5* reds)
  • +4 stack = 891 (1st of 36x 5* Reds)
  • +8 stack = 1040
  • +10 stack = 1114

For comparison, Elena (with costume bonus) has the highest attack stat of Red heroes otherwise at 849 attack.

And those numbers are all without any troop modifiers…

• Add in a L1 Ninja Troop (+23% attack) and a +10 stack = 1370 attack.

• Add in a L30 Ninja Troop (+32% attack) and your +10 stack = 1470 attack

30 Likes

Do other heroes have innate resistance to elemental damage? I’m just wondering what that means. Does that mean blue heroes/tiles/slashes do absolutely no damage? Or are we talking about special related damage?

1 Like

I agree. A Misandra with more chances to hit and makes additional special skills more powerful could work on both sides (offense and defense). Color me interested.

I’d bet it gets nerfed to Misandra’s 42% chance for additional hits.

3 Likes

It s a resistance against water dot (vela)

6 Likes

Potentially the best HOTM since Clarissa. Not a major damage dealer, but useful for titans like Guv said and the mana gain will work well with very fast reds (Grave, Garnett, Grazul)

8 Likes

She looks much better than the previous two red HOTMs Reuben and Noor.

cries in non maxed Reuben :sob:

8 Likes

Someone solid, that’s cool!

The % should be the same as Misandra’s, though.

2 Likes

I like her very much!!! She will be a target for sure in pulling!

2 Likes

They will release it this way and then nerf it after they collect the $$$

8 Likes

At first glance she looks good.

Red: great for the green tanks
Fast: always good
Resist water damage is good for Vela flanks, but not as common as it once was
I’m not sure how often I’m worried about my red heroes facing a direct mana reduction.

270% isn’t that great on the first hit. I guess we have to think about her as a direct and nearby but you can’t control the nearbies.

Chance of each hit:
1 extra: 70%
2 extra: 49%
3 extra: 34%
4 extra: 24%

Solid hero. I see her working in a red stack to speed up everyone else’s mana while providing some minor damage along the way.

If I get her, she’ll be my next red priority and will definitely get some usage. Probably great for Ninja Tower to build her attack up for the boss stage.

4 Likes

How minor damage works in consecutive hits? 270% in the initial, then 135% in each consecutives hit or 135% on the 2nd, then 135%/2 on the third and so on?

Really? I have to respectfully disagree. Misandra needs her percentage boosted so that she becomes useful!

13 Likes

We have the same opinion after all. I’ve meant the % should’ve be the same to keep it fair but I didn’t pointed how much should it be. I dont own Misandra neither fought her much so I dont have a valid opinion on how much should the percentage be.

Or both have 42% or both have 70%.

One having 42% while another 70% just bc it’s a newer card is just ridiculous. Shows exactly and clear how they are putting a gap between newer and older heroes powers.

4 Likes

My Misandra is very sad looking at that 70% + extras.

3 Likes

Missandras new costume will have 70% chance. Base version stays at 42%

Because profit margins.

9 Likes

I just love how the non-s1 costumes turned into a pure joke :joy::joy::joy: lol!!

And I would expect Ursena costume with 850% damage on all + reflect for all elements before Misandra’s. They said “our fav heroes” are getting costumes so we will probably get Poseidon, Ursena, Ariel and Kageburado costumes instead a simple buff on Misa and Inari only because you’ll have to summon them all again. Shameful :joy:

8 Likes

One more Telluria/ Vela counter innate resistence… SG should give something for New damage meta and forget the past. This must be some psychological trauma.

270% on target is very low, 70% chances for adicional as small damage… It doesn’t seem reliable, it’s not a sniper, it’s not a reliable damage at all, you don’t know what it’s for.

Thanks @Guvnor by this info.

I don’t know, maybe in maps you can stack more than 3 times, but in a Titan and PvP in general my fast heroes cast two or three times. No buff and debuffs… I think it is better to use a hero with a high attack base from the beginning than having to climb one to get there at the end of the game

I think the best thing in this hero is the element link to be used in mono red.

6 Likes

Honestly, for fast mana, at my point of view this hero is near to balanced inside the game if we don’t look at Misandra.
The low damage probably pays off the big 70% chance to make another hit. At that percentage you probably will get 5, 10 or even 15%+ ATK everytime you fire, tho. Using that special 2x or 3x in one battle can be useful specially paired with C. Marj/Falcon and ATK buffs.

Needs strategy and that’s how heroes should’ve be imo. Not one man army monsters like Finley, Odin and Cobalt.

Besides, I got your point of view and I absolutely consider it valid.

They can add more water damage folks anytime in future and DOT are still in meta since Bera’s minions are insanity.

4 Likes