šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on the May 2020 HOTM (Clarissa)

First of all, thank you guys for taking the time to give your detailed answers, @TomSnow and @Lasagne

Just a quick note, I want to clear up something.

Iā€™m not accusing you guys of anything there. Itā€™s just that you guys always mention this ā€œgapā€, without specifically stating what exactly it is. Thatā€™s why I gave concrete examples to show what type of an answer I was looking for. Because I think only when we concretely define what the gap is, how big it is and how big we think it should be can the conversation be productive.

But, I think with these two posts you guys made, itā€™s pretty clear to me that the real concern isnā€™t about some ā€œgapā€ between f2p players and p2w players in terms of game-play; those points about the monthly raid tournaments is just an attempt to justify an argument.

The key point in all of this, is:

This is the key here. At heart, we are all card collectors. We just want to collect all the cards.

I do too.

But @Lasagne said it well here, and I strongly agree with this statement:

Thousands of dollars is a lot of money. If some people are spending thousands of dollars, why should I feel entitled to getting anywhere near equal treatment as they do?

Thousands of dollars is a lot of money. Itā€™s more money than some people live on in an entire year. Donā€™t you think they deserve to be undisputedly the best of the best, by spending that kind of money? Donā€™t you think the ā€œgapā€ should be wide enough to justify their spending?

If the gap was tiny; if say f2p players could get 80 or 90% of the heroes people spending THOUSANDS of dollars can, donā€™t you think thatā€™s like a big middle finger to all those big whales who are keeping this game alive for us to play?

Lambourghinis cost a lot of money. I donā€™t feel entitled to a free 2015 Lambourghini aventador because itā€™s been released for a few years.

A $30 million dollar mansion in the Beverly Hills costs a lot of money. I donā€™t feel entitled to a free mansion built in 1992 because itā€™s been nearly 30 years.

You get what you paid for. I go into a supermarket, and theyā€™re giving out free samples of some items. I donā€™t feel entitled to getting a bunch of other items for free too because I canā€™t afford them.

Heroes are a luxury item. They cost money. I think of it like say a netflix; some movies and shows are premium; you have to pay money to have access to them. I donā€™t feel entitled to be able to watch those movies for free because I canā€™t afford the cost.

SG is already extremely generous by giving f2p players any chance at all at obtaining every single hero released, if they are lucky enough. Just look at this f2p player here. If every f2p player was like that, why would anyone spend money?

If I was a whale (unless I was worth hundreds of millions of dollars and money is no object), I would feel extremely discouraged that a free player can get 80-90% of what I spent thousands of dollars on. It would feel like a huge middle finger being pointed at my wasted money.

I would stop spending completely, and go to another game where I get a lot more bang for my buck.

I would like to end with this. Last month, when Atlantis suddenly appeared unexpectedly early in the month, I did a single coin pull and got a Mok-Arr. At the time, Mok-Arr was my 5th special non s1 hero.

I would have been so much happier if it had been Ursena or Mitsuko.

So guys, letā€™s be honest with ourselves here. The ā€œgapā€ in terms of game play really doesnā€™t matter. Itā€™s just about collecting heroes. And so, in terms of collecting heroes, donā€™t you want to get a desireable great hero, on the off chance you do get that special non s1 hero?

So I think we should support strong new heroes, not trying to nerf them all the time.

P.S

Actually, no. You just disproved your own argument. Your point about specific heroes is completely invalid.

Exactly.

The vast majority of players do not chase specific heroes. Only the very biggest spenders do so.

More importantly, is the second part of your statement there; IF we know that all heroes will eventually be released for free, a very great number of players will stop spending or significantly lower their spending, waiting for the month that those heroes are released for free, just like how they wait and optimize right now to save on costs.

The only people whoā€™s spending habits wonā€™t be affected are the 1% of the 1% of big whales.

1 Like