šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on the May 2020 HOTM (Clarissa)

Lianna, Sartana, Magni and Joon all fast snipers who have significant damage and would be more effective then Clarrisa.

You are comparing different things again .
If i will max Clarissa is not to use her as Sniper.

They have more damage and kill more than Telluria too but It doesnt mean that Telluria is bad . You cant compare Cars with houses

Can we wait until we try her in game at least please, nobody except beta testers have idea how effective she is. I still have in memory (and it is here on forum for everyone to read) all the complaints about how Vela sucks, how her damage is pathetic ā€¦ We all know how that one went.

6 Likes

I believe the damage ā€œnerfā€ to clarissa is more than warranted. As well as her being a paladin class.

Tbh, it seems that this hero is mostly about breaking up current orthodoxy on defense/raid teams. Sheā€™s perfect and Iā€™m going all in on her.

This is a VERY FAST hero that has a 30% defensive buff on top of paladin class - imagine pairing her with other purple heros on defense. Grimble could become a defensive demi-god when paired with clarissa. Grimbleā€™s main issue is how long it takes to get his special to fire off. Heā€™s tanky, but miscast as a cleric. Clarissa resolves that issue, especially if you give grimble crit troops (which complements his elemental link - further empowering clarissa). I donā€™t think Clarissa necessarily needs mana troops on defense - go full defense with her. You could experiment and see which of the two heroes is best in the tank position and which is best on the wing. Or hell, make them both wings and have another tank with awesome synergy.

Another strategy is to pair her with Freya ā€” the combination should be evident. I think weā€™ll see a lot more multi-purple teams. I know some people have non-rainbow defenses, rainbow seems to be the accepted orthodoxy on defense. Clarissa is a move away from that. Additionally, a simple yellow stack may not be the right way to counter her - if she and another purple are on the flank and there is a yellow tank (guin/onatel (yes I said it)/other), a yellow stack may be the wrong move - necessitating a more diverse raid team.

I donā€™t even want to think of the pairing with Ursena. As a F2P I prefer thinking of interesting combos with less popular heroes.

4 Likes

Muito obrigado pela informaĆ§Ć£o

I bet she will be released a few digits higher dot than GM, if Killhare release indicates a patternā€¦

1 Like

I would love that, the ultimate final April fools joke

Cā€™mon everyone! Itā€™s obvious that Clarissa is not up to par as an HoTM as @Red_Sun, a Beta tester , has clearly pointed out. We need her buffed to the previous version. :hugs:

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Clarissa ā€“ New May 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month): Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

Please carry on discussions on this thread now that Clarissa has been released into Live Game :slight_smile:

Clarissa ā€“ 5* Dark/ Purple - May 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month)

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Clarissa ā€“ New May 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month): Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

Well had a 20 pull on atlantis and got very lucky.
I didnā€™t get clarissa unfortunately but I did get gravemaker instead :grin::grin::grin::grin:.
Another 5 star that I canā€™t ascend due to lack of mats :sob::sob::sob:
Overall though Iā€™m mega happy

1 Like

18 posts were merged into an existing topic: Upcoming Balance Changes - Announcement Discussion (May, 2020)

I ate my own words on this post BTW. Pulled Gravemaker from Atlantis this month :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yes, maybe she does, but I like that. I like all the newer, more cartoony designs, I first noticed with the C.o.Diamonds.

I might be going out on a limb here, but I canā€™t stand pubescent fantasy art and Iā€™m so happy with overall SG character designs recently.

2 Likes

Mr Style Points, i sincerely hope you have no ssay with regards to what happens to Clarissa or any other hero for that matter. i have no idea:whether you are a Beta Tester, if so, Beta needs nerfing.

Care to elaborate, or did you just have a rough week and want to lash out at someone anonymously?

To be clear: my opinion in beta was the majority opinion, based on the in beta chats. My voice may have been the one you got to see here, but I was far from the only one.

I would love to hear your insights as to why we were incorrect about what we were experiencing

Perhaps, considering @samantha revived a 2 months old threadā€¦ by replying to a post from more than 4 months agoā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m going to take the optimiatic point of view, and assume sheā€™s just picking up @Rigs necromancing slack.

1 Like

If he doesnā€™t pick up the slack soon, the mods are going to have no choice but to rescind his title. Now if only we had something to change it toā€¦ @JonahTheBard

3 Likes