đŸ§Ș Early information on the March 2023 HOTM -- Gilligan [Part of The Beta Beat V55]

With his passive the slow speed is OK. He will never be a defensive hero, but with current change he is viable as attacker agains buff-heavy teams, passive can charge him faster than even fast heroes.

3 Likes

For me and my roster
 He still seems like soul exchange fodder.

For me probably too
 I think Devana will in these circumstances still work better
 But at least now one can find a niche for this hero, and this he will stay, a niche hero for very specific situations.

Welcoming change, but at slow speed, he probably need to do 300% to all lol.

2 Likes

Take his passive into account. With 2 buffs on each enemy he will almost charge himself in 2 turns without a single tile. With only one buff per enemy he effectively becomes v.Fast (7 tiles in 2 turns or 5 tiles in 3 turns to charge). With faster mana he would become a machinegun self-charging every turn.

1 Like

Am not sure, but I don’t think you count the same buff for 5 times though

Can beta testers clarify on this?

Say c.Rigard casts his special, you will get attack buff for all and HoT for all. Is it counted as 2 buffs or 10 buffs?

Each status effect. So C rig gives 10 buffs to all

3 Likes

I have a feeling that Gilligan may end up as the dark horse of this year, I may take back what I said earlier. Under the right circumstances he can act as a decent support hero.
I can see him as a really solid Luna counter

3 Likes

So this hero will fall in love with c.Marie Therese
 15 undispellable buffs to all :wink:

1 Like

The passive is legit really good. It’s just a shame his skills are not that good. Pump up the skill damage, pump up the defence as high as possible. It’s just him being a good support but doing extra steps to be that standard. I mean he might as well just be fast to save him the hassle. Shame, this hero has a lot of potential
Ideally, 420% to target and nearby, 70%+ range of defence. So the passive is something to balance out

This is a HOTM, don’t expect him to be on par with newest challenge event heroes :wink:
Compare his stats:

• Attack: 743
  • Defense: 760
  • HP: 1528
  • Deals 300% damage to the target and nearby enemies

to another HOTM (working quite well) - Devana:

• Attack: 741
  • Defense: 756
  • HP: 1404
  • Deals 255% damage to the target and nearby enemies.

With current stats and buff bypass he is usable. Not a top hero, but people with short rosters would find a use for him.
+35% defence to all is typical for a secondary skill, 70% would be right if this is a main skill, but then the damage should be less.

2 Likes

C2 Azlar was crying in the corner Lol

With this buff he looks decent, bypassing a small majority of defensive buffs (riposte being the most important) is key.
A couple of elemental links on the enemy and this guy is half charged every turn prior to mana gains from troops/talents. This is easy to rigger even vs S 1 heroes.

If this is the condition on release I would very much like him and think he could be quite good. Those tempted to use him will also want the bypass troops so SG gains a little bit in the tower summons

I like the potential for his passive to charge him without tiles
 But the problem is
 His hit isn’t thing to do much. That would be like having a dawa self charge and her coming in with a pillow of an attack.

Really?
R&N do 420% to ONE target
Viselus does 260% to three (+DOT)
So why 300% to three bypassing buffs is so bad?

I missed that last change regarding reduced damage. I withdraw

Yep, before change he was really bad.

I suggest that Zynga is listening to the non-beta players as they prefer to adopt analyzed data than the beta players’ comments.

So lets compare with zagrog now

March HOTM is not released in live game yet. There won’t be live metrics to work on; only beta metrics.

The buff happened fast enough post beta feedback. Surely Beta feedback and metrics influenced this beta buff.

2 Likes