šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on the March 2020 HOTM (Telluria)

I donā€™t know how good they are but I do know that the people arguing for Neithā€™s Nerf also made fun of the whiners.

1 Like

I find Missandra invaluable on my MonoBlue A team for just the reasons you say. Making Frida and Ariel and Grimm effectively fast is incredible.

1 Like

U stealing my words. Lol. I havenā€™t had her on my team since I maxed vela but I miss her. Mine is still only 3.70

Lol

An underwhelming hero can always be buffed up

Itā€™s much harder for a hero to see a nerf after players have paid for such hero

Plus neith is a decent hero. Is she appealing to me personally? No. I have guin and multiple drakes, i have no use for her. Those that donā€™t have such heroes, sheā€™s useful so yes stop whining was warranted. If it offended youā€¦i can live with that.

1 Like

Neith decent hero??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: sorry for this

I plan on beating them down regularly, with 3800TP 4* heroes.

Same as I do right now, to any and all 4600-4700 defenses I face, no matter the defense.

I know Zeph has said before that he struggled against the Tulleria team defences in beta with his normal raiding teams which featured emblemed 4* heroesā€¦

But hey, maybe itā€™ll all be different for you.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s accurate, I found I had a notably far harder time against Telluria tank/JF flank teams in Beta using a mix of mostly Emblemed 4* and some 5* than any other 4600-4700 TP teams I face in the live game now.

Feedback from other Beta testers skewed toward recommending 5*-heavy attack teams to tackle Telluria. Since I generally lack the hero options that were suggested, I largely made due with what I have ā€” which leans heavily on Emblemed 4*.

I ultimately completed and logged results for 50 or so Raids against Telluria tanks.

Practice and experimentation helped quite a bit ā€” I was approaching a 50% win rate by the end.

One interesting observation, though, is that I won every Raid where Telluria didnā€™t fire, so that skews the results a bit. My win rate in Raids where she fired was still notably lower than my typical win rate against comparable TP teams.

I look forward to Telluria hopefully returning to Beta for further testing.

I have a couple teams in mind to experiment with, including a counterintuitive blue-heavy team oriented around Frida, based on discussion in Beta.

6 Likes

@zephyr1

Any new thoughts on telluria?

1 Like

Moderatorā€™s Note

Please lay off the personal attack banter, itā€™s not constructive for a discussion about Telluriaā€¦or any of the other threads it may take place in.

5 Likes

100% agreed and will do, np i donā€™t have anything else to add anyways

What defense synergies have u faced with telluria as part of the opponentā€™s team so far?

1 Like

Not really, since the last Beta. Iā€™m hoping to have another opportunity for testing some time soon.

I didnā€™t personally call for a nerf, though several people did. Iā€™m still in the mode of forming my opinion based on repeated attack attempts.

At the least I can say that the reduction in Telluriaā€™s damage amount and Minion HP seemed like a bit of an odd adjustment for balancing, when the Mana debuff is so much more impactful.

I guess itā€™s a question of whether to adjust the secondary effects a lot, or the Mana debuff a little.

Much like Guin in the old days before the introduction of many counters, and us all getting used to beating her regularly, Telluria is highly effective at slowing early match progress, both on tile damage and charging Special Skills.

But Iā€™d say sheā€™s both more impactful, and more difficult to overcome once sheā€™s fired.

So she has great synergy with heroes who can take advantage of that, particularly status ailment casters, as you may not be able to charge a cleanser in a timely fashion. That makes heroes like JF, GM, Drake, Vela, etc. quite effective as flanks.

4 Likes

Makes sense

So guessin we may see teams that have decent amounts of maxed tellurias; kingstons, and yunans try to run green tanks

Should be an interesting shift and have a feeling we may see couple more green surprises before the end of the year to further progress the green tank meta

Lookin forward to facing her myself to really see how viable this push is

Of course 6 tonics sittin and waitin on her as well to use in offense since sheā€™s faster than alby and will be able to throw 23 mana on her and locke to have heal+cleanse charge at same time. DoT+minions should be pretty effective in that combo as well

3 Likes

Someone tested her with Puss in Boots?
Iā€™m looking for March because of this combination, but a little disappointed with the reduction to 130% damageā€¦

I really donā€™t think 130% damage was a substantial change in her case

I think youā€™ll be just as happy with her as you would have been with more damage

6 Likes

She now hits like Jahangir, which is notably weak for a 5*, but damage was never her strong point anyways. So what if sheā€™s less likely to drain your health with multiple activations of her skillā€¦ she still buys her team a lot of time.

The minion HP nerf was actually a bit significant, at least to me ā€“ I noted that there were no more minions with 300+ HP anymore, and thatā€™s pretty significant because it makes DoT more viable to take down her minions so you can focus damage on her team instead. Small change, but a good call from the devs without overdoing it.

Really the only ā€œnerfā€ Iā€™d be okay with at this point is reducing her mana delay turn duration to 3 turns. I feel itā€™s a rather fair adjustment, sheā€™d still be a great tank and defensive hero.

The reason I suggested in my feedback was because another tester pointed out that her mana delay was the same as Boss Wolfā€™s ā€“ 4 turns -34% mana to all enemies. Except Boss Wolf has it at v. slow skill, compared to Telluria on an average speed who usually is ready to fire again when her mana delay turn count is done.

But really that was the only change I suggested. I personally like the idea of having a strong green tank, just a small adjustment to the mana delay would certainly help make her a great tank without being quite as unrecoverable when she fires.

4 Likes

My question is who would be the better mediocre green tankā€¦Telluria or Heimdall (S3 Rumored)?

2 Likes

I would probly say telluria but mainly due to mana speed(believe heimdall is slow)

I mean basically telluria is an average mana boss wolf without riposte

6 Likes

Before we had information on the Feb and March HOTM, I kept wondering where Vela really fit in. After seeing Telluria, Vela will be the ultimate flank for her. Vela will make many reconsider whether or not to bring a heavy red stack. The synergy between the first 3 HOTMā€™s of 2020 is insanely good.

11 Likes

Both aim to do the same thing with different skills; buy time for the rest of their team so they can set up their skills.

Unlike other healing in the game (which is preferable that it triggers later rather than earlier) you gain a higher benefit from boosted HP going off early, as it can push your heroes to have higher HP values than usual. This can make for less reliable tile damage kills, and force you to focus more damage on certain targets.

All that said, Rigs is correct ā€“ Telluria is simply better because sheā€™s faster and thus will fire earlier.

4 Likes