šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on the March 2020 HOTM (Telluria)

@DaveCozy Is whats below the general consensus in the beta chat? Also do you think she will be tweaked further?

Several players have expressed that she feels really strong right now, once she fires itā€™s very hard to recover. I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see further tweaks myself.

One player brought up a good suggestion that the mana delay should be reduced to be active for at least 3 turns instead of 4 turns.

The mana delay is one of the things that makes Boss Wolf such a good tank, but his is set to 4 turns on a v. slow skill. Compared to Telluria, whose is 4 turns on an average skill that charges 2~3 turns earlier.

I donā€™t mind if they want her to be designed with it, and personally I think it suits her intended design to delay via minions. Butā€¦ 4 turns definitely felt like too much for me with her speed and range.

Shaving off a turn would definitely help recover against her once she uses her skill.

11 Likes

Is Telluriaā€™s elemental critical bonus will stack with Gregorianā€™s normal critical bonus?

Yes, I double checked in Beta just now, and Gregorianā€™s status effect Critical Chance and Telluriaā€™s Element Link Critical Chance do stack.

Thatā€™s what weā€™ve seen before with Element Link stacking, but it was good to check to be sure.

7 Likes

Thank you Zephyr for checking it. Itā€™s awesome. More than 50% critical chance with troops is awesome :slight_smile:

1 Like

And donā€™t forget Captain of Diamonds

What would be your opinion on the matter now after the initial tweaks?

What were the changes? Just her damage? Not enough to sway my opinion if thatā€™s the case

1 Like

Good to know. +20 more questions

1 Like

Just been crazy with work and havenā€™t been able to keep up with forum lately

Saw the change in damage and change in minions, yea i donā€™t see either of those being substantial changes

Her damage was irrelevant to what made her so good

And her 18% minions will still get ridiculous with emblems and troops

4 Likes

I cant understand what you guys want, another mediocare hero, why you are looking to destroy every good hero, didnā€™t you get tired form heroes like Neith, Margueret, Anzogh Grimble etc. From one year we just get too much niche heroes, I dont know for you but I am tired.

8 Likes

Litterally everyone asked her to be improved before release

He got better compared to his first beta

Everyone asked him to be more useful

long story short: peoples try to have balanced heroes, not weak ones but not broken ones either.

9 Likes

We want balance, when a hero is OP like pre-nerf JF, we want nerf. When a hero is slightly underwhelming like Malosi, we want buff.

7 Likes

I would like to know everyoneā€™s opinion on who is going to be more useful: Telluria or JF. Iā€™m not sure of who I want, I mean, I want both but my summons are very limited so can only try for one :slight_smile:
Please let me know your opinions! have a great day :smiley:

2 Likes

Several questions in response to this,

First

What heroes do you currently have, raid def, war def, titan teams?

Second

The odds of getting either are not great anyway so what is your backup if you dont get them?

Third

Not so much a question but a general comment, both heroes are completely different but can be used all around (something that is becoming more unique for heroes in general). I personally will be pulling for Telluria as I am happy with the reds I have ( i dont have gravemaker) and will not be too unhappy with not having him, now there is a chance I get him cause in February I will be trying for Black night during avalon. I would gladly max both heroes and I see benefit to having each but for my team I can get more use out of Telluria.

2 Likes

Been thinking a bit more on Telluria, and I realized I shouldā€™ve been using my Rigard with no costume equipped against her :confused: Thatā€™s a silly mistake on my part.

Reason for that being that cleric class has a chance to resists her Mana Delay thanks to Manashield. So in the future going up against Telluria, having a highly talented cleric cleanser hero ā€“ luckily a couple of those exist (Rigard, Vivica, Ariel) ā€“ is a good idea for that chance to resist her mana delay.

Also funny enough, Anzogh ā€“ who is voted one of the worst HOTMs in the game by a lot players ā€“ happens to neutralize most of her skill quite well. Doesnā€™t care about her mana delay, his skill heals allies for the little damage she did, and itā€™s strong enough to take out her minions (emblems will change this give or take though).

7 Likes

Both heroes play different roles on a team. Telluria is a full blown tank, good at punishing bad boards/plays. Jean is best at a flank position and shines on offense. With that said, telluria is overall better hero.

Though better doesnā€™t mean more fun, Iā€™d say Jean is more fun. You as the player are always the attacker. You play no role in defense, you cant even what team you were raided with. Whether you lost to a stack of 1* heroes or 5* star heroes doesnā€™t matter. You wonā€™t know because you cant even see what team was used to attack you.

But to compare them.

Defense: You can play around Jean in a ways you cant play around telluria. Eg, Dont take defense Debuffers and use team boosts. Stack reds, instead of Blue or add a dispeller. Dispell the damage he deals or just heal it.

With telluria every heroe gets a seshat styled minion. If you dont know how good those are; Seshat with 2 minions can take a full magni hit, and walk away with 80% health. Yes you can try to kill them but its 5 minions you have to kill before she goes off again. Its bound to happen where multiple heroes have multiple minions.

In addition even if you manage to kill all the minions before she fired again. That has taken you enough turns to have her HoT do its job.

The mana debuff you can dispel but itā€™s harder than in Jeanā€™s case as her special makes loading your specials that much harder.

To put the cherry on top she also does a bit of damage which alot of times can make the difference in a match.

1 Like

After the nerfs to both, Telluria is now the bigger threat by a wide margin. Jean was far and away the stronger of the two originally, but after cutting him in half and barely touching Telluria sheā€™s got him dead to rights. Heā€™s still serviceable but they overdid it by a touch, imo, and now he has become yet another utility hero for reds, who have almost exclusively utility heroes already.

7 Likes

Iā€™m saving all my gems, tokens, keys and coins for Marchā€¦

ā€¦ If I can resist Kunchen Zeline in Atlantisā€¦

5 Likes

FWIW, I think Kunch is overrated and Misandra/Zeline is the draw this Atlantis. I will reluctantly make a couple of draws this Atlantis, but I already have and am (as expected) underwhelmed by my Vela. The bulk of my summons have transitioned to March as well, and my EHT are being saved in hopes that bunnies re-emerge in late March rather than April.

2 Likes