đŸ§Ș Early Information on the March 2020 HOTM (Telluria)

She now hits like Jahangir, which is notably weak for a 5*, but damage was never her strong point anyways. So what if she’s less likely to drain your health with multiple activations of her skill
 she still buys her team a lot of time.

The minion HP nerf was actually a bit significant, at least to me – I noted that there were no more minions with 300+ HP anymore, and that’s pretty significant because it makes DoT more viable to take down her minions so you can focus damage on her team instead. Small change, but a good call from the devs without overdoing it.

Really the only “nerf” I’d be okay with at this point is reducing her mana delay turn duration to 3 turns. I feel it’s a rather fair adjustment, she’d still be a great tank and defensive hero.

The reason I suggested in my feedback was because another tester pointed out that her mana delay was the same as Boss Wolf’s – 4 turns -34% mana to all enemies. Except Boss Wolf has it at v. slow skill, compared to Telluria on an average speed who usually is ready to fire again when her mana delay turn count is done.

But really that was the only change I suggested. I personally like the idea of having a strong green tank, just a small adjustment to the mana delay would certainly help make her a great tank without being quite as unrecoverable when she fires.

4 Likes

My question is who would be the better mediocre green tank
Telluria or Heimdall (S3 Rumored)?

2 Likes

I would probly say telluria but mainly due to mana speed(believe heimdall is slow)

I mean basically telluria is an average mana boss wolf without riposte

6 Likes

Before we had information on the Feb and March HOTM, I kept wondering where Vela really fit in. After seeing Telluria, Vela will be the ultimate flank for her. Vela will make many reconsider whether or not to bring a heavy red stack. The synergy between the first 3 HOTM’s of 2020 is insanely good.

11 Likes

Both aim to do the same thing with different skills; buy time for the rest of their team so they can set up their skills.

Unlike other healing in the game (which is preferable that it triggers later rather than earlier) you gain a higher benefit from boosted HP going off early, as it can push your heroes to have higher HP values than usual. This can make for less reliable tile damage kills, and force you to focus more damage on certain targets.

All that said, Rigs is correct – Telluria is simply better because she’s faster and thus will fire earlier.

4 Likes

https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/is-the-synergy-created-dangerous-to-the-game/152523/![image|259x145](upload://avYFVLmoQhHXsXTKTAb2zcM0vog.png)

3 Likes

Wth is that?
20characters

This might as well be made into a plaque and placed as a header at the top of the forum’s front page for all to see with a disclaimer that it applies to every thread and every post lol

7 Likes

The stuff of nightmares
not too dissimilar from how I picture telluria

1 Like

Hahahaha

Looks just like her

1 Like

I can already picture the math eye roll in action :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

I’m sure the birds are flyin in line right now
lol

1 Like

@DaveCozy what have you done?! :flushed::roll_eyes:

1 Like

@Stl4life101 think your picture has come to life lol

3 Likes

If Vela is on the team and fires first
those red enemies wont matter to Telluria

Vela doesnt nerf DoT

So burns will still be effective, especially gm’s that does extra vs nature

2 Likes

There are heroes with much higher benefits like gm, guin, mother north, puss in boots and so on. The green Heroes rly need an average healer. And horghall is no comparison cause nobody plays him
 if you want to make a useless hero go ahead but looking into the future (costumes, new powers, new heroes) telluria is fine as it is and should finally flip the tank tables in e&p cause not everybody has tons of money or is playing since the start to get kunchen, onatel or whatever.

Stats are just fine and beatable. Everything under average mana speed wont make the hero attractive to get

2 Likes

Designing an OP hero just to counter them later is not great for game play. Especially since it hurts more people in the present than it can possibly help in the future.

The above quote is possibly true but for the wrong reasons

also this is only true for the people who can get and max Telluria quickly
and I keep hearing an arguement that designing op heroes with somehow benefit F2P or C2P players but honestly if you think about it, the whale accounts who will spend to have the heroes will only get stronger and the other players who are P2P who manage to pull with out spending colossal amounts with also be put at an advantage over those who dont pull.

The summation of the hidden text is this
If your line up is already diverse, adding a Hero that has been lauded as being really strong will only help you to win more, but if your lineup is not as diverse then the hero will only moderately improve your standing. In either case the people who benefit are the ones who seem to be advocated for the strong heroes to be nerfed cause they see the possible damage to the gamestate that they could cause.

2 Likes

Im not one that has complained much, but someone please tell me how this is balanced?

Boss Wolf was made Very Slow allegedly due to people flanking him with Guin and the mana reduction was over powered. So why does this hero get to be average speed with minions (instead of a removable shield) PLUS heals, PLUS instant damage to all PLUS crit buff
AND the same mana debuff?

Seriously, someone give a real justification because I don’t see it and I don’t think it’s something I can let go of.

***edit And please don’t say the reason for Very Slow vs Average is because his can’t be dispelled. We all know that has been made pointless.

6 Likes

higher health and family bonus plus counterattack for 4 turns i think dont know why 3 is on your card.
A very slow hero should almost end the fight if getting off in my opinion. One reason could be the age of the card while much better heroes like black night or lady of the lake came out the balance get shifted. And nobody wants to pay for heroes that dont bring benefit so capitalism is the point I think