🧪 Early Information on the March 2020 HOTM (Telluria)

Been thinking a bit more on Telluria, and I realized I should’ve been using my Rigard with no costume equipped against her :confused: That’s a silly mistake on my part.

Reason for that being that cleric class has a chance to resists her Mana Delay thanks to Manashield. So in the future going up against Telluria, having a highly talented cleric cleanser hero – luckily a couple of those exist (Rigard, Vivica, Ariel) – is a good idea for that chance to resist her mana delay.

Also funny enough, Anzogh – who is voted one of the worst HOTMs in the game by a lot players – happens to neutralize most of her skill quite well. Doesn’t care about her mana delay, his skill heals allies for the little damage she did, and it’s strong enough to take out her minions (emblems will change this give or take though).

7 Likes

Both heroes play different roles on a team. Telluria is a full blown tank, good at punishing bad boards/plays. Jean is best at a flank position and shines on offense. With that said, telluria is overall better hero.

Though better doesn’t mean more fun, I’d say Jean is more fun. You as the player are always the attacker. You play no role in defense, you cant even what team you were raided with. Whether you lost to a stack of 1* heroes or 5* star heroes doesn’t matter. You won’t know because you cant even see what team was used to attack you.

But to compare them.

Defense: You can play around Jean in a ways you cant play around telluria. Eg, Dont take defense Debuffers and use team boosts. Stack reds, instead of Blue or add a dispeller. Dispell the damage he deals or just heal it.

With telluria every heroe gets a seshat styled minion. If you dont know how good those are; Seshat with 2 minions can take a full magni hit, and walk away with 80% health. Yes you can try to kill them but its 5 minions you have to kill before she goes off again. Its bound to happen where multiple heroes have multiple minions.

In addition even if you manage to kill all the minions before she fired again. That has taken you enough turns to have her HoT do its job.

The mana debuff you can dispel but it’s harder than in Jean’s case as her special makes loading your specials that much harder.

To put the cherry on top she also does a bit of damage which alot of times can make the difference in a match.

1 Like

After the nerfs to both, Telluria is now the bigger threat by a wide margin. Jean was far and away the stronger of the two originally, but after cutting him in half and barely touching Telluria she’s got him dead to rights. He’s still serviceable but they overdid it by a touch, imo, and now he has become yet another utility hero for reds, who have almost exclusively utility heroes already.

7 Likes

I’m saving all my gems, tokens, keys and coins for March…

… If I can resist Kunchen Zeline in Atlantis…

5 Likes

FWIW, I think Kunch is overrated and Misandra/Zeline is the draw this Atlantis. I will reluctantly make a couple of draws this Atlantis, but I already have and am (as expected) underwhelmed by my Vela. The bulk of my summons have transitioned to March as well, and my EHT are being saved in hopes that bunnies re-emerge in late March rather than April.

2 Likes

If this helps you:
<■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

3 Likes

I think he’s a great tank though. The other day I faced two Kunchens in the rush tourney, that was absolutely ridiculous with no yellows on the board

Pro tip: Yellows are deceptively not the route to go against Kunch. He’s beefy enough to make it impossible to 3 tile him (without a crit) in most circumstances in mono or 6 tile him in a yellow 3/2. If he fires, he then has undispellable yellow defense up to guard against specials and tiles, and yellow lacks a reasonable way to deal with his defense down. Bring fast (or average heroes with a mana troop dropping them to 9 tiles) cleansers or def up heroes to overwrite him and he becomes a very easy win. Rush tourney is a bit of a tougher story, but a 5* raid tourney rush is such a rare occurrence that it’s hardly a justification for a hero.

5 Likes

Can’t do this against Telluria, as her mana gimp combined with her healing is much more potent, comes out sooner, and giving a portion in the form of a beefy minion actually allows her to “overheal” teammates that had not yet received damage in the match

2 Likes

It’s my birthday in March, RNGods. Just saying…

4 Likes

Fair enough. I have tried the defence reversing technique but have had a good run with 4 yellows and BT so have stuck with that…

A lot of testers have actually suggested to buff his burn duration to 3 turns instead. I wouldn’t be opposed to it as he’d essentially match GM in total damage more that way.

I’m fine with him either way though. I raided enough with him and against him to say that he’s still pretty good – I have Neith and can confidently say that he’s still far better (both in utility and damage) and the exaggerated comparisons to her are way off-base.

The best way to deal with this that I found (for my limited bench) was using highly talented cleric with cleanses – luckily that includes F2P heroes like Rigard and Vivica. Just pray that manashield activates such that you can charge and cleanse it for your other heroes.

It’s a lot easier for those who have Zimkitha, Grazul, or even Anzogh (ironically, he’s one of the best red heroes against her).

Still, I personally suggested to reduce her mana delay to 3 turns. After 4 turns she’ll be fully charged again, and it becomes an endless mana slow cycle that is really hard to fight against. Reducing it to 3 turns would give at least a fighting chance.

7 Likes

Anzogh and grimble… two heroes that get absolutely no love are both good against her? No way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

do all testers get to see what other testers say? Or How does it work?

thanks for the info.

We have a beta-lounge category that can only be seen by those in Beta. We can post our feedback there – we see what everyone posts and discuss :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Isn’t she resistant to Grimble?

Also, I love me some Misandra and really want to chase her. She’s definitely a hero some top players can outgrow with a whole roster of high level mana troops, but for someone like me with one high, one medium, and a few low level mana troops in each color Misandra is irreplaceable. Her cutting a tile off of any average speed hero with even a level 1 mana troop is insane. Consider that many blue heroes with synergy or strong effect tend to charge at average speed (Kiril/Grimm/Frida/Richard/Athena/Ariel/etc) and you’ve got yourself a winner despite her mediocre damage if she only hits once.

2 Likes

She is, but not her allies (unless it’s a mono-Telluria defense which wouldn’t be viable).

Grimble destroys her allies minions, which still helps his teammates gain mana and make up for the mana delay she inflicted. He’s a solid hero to take against her for that reason, but this of course depends on when he charges and how her flanks charge their skills too.

5 Likes

Idk from my experience Vivica is really hard to find.

How many emblems on the praying skill tree?

1 Like

That’s true as well… here I am with no Vivica myself, yet my wife has 2 of her :confused: RNG is merciless.

I had my Rigard at +18 in Beta. Sadly I made the mistake of using him in costume instead when I fought Telluria – but I’ve seen manashield activate several times in my live account.

He’s at +11 in my live account BTW, I’m slowly moving emblems to him (I don’t have the benefit of instant food / iron refills like in Beta to power-emblem heroes)

Well, you’ve convinced me to give him couple emblems in advance :wink: And I do need red 5* healer or at least someone close to healer besides Grazul.