🧪 Early Information on the March 2020 HOTM (Telluria)

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the March 2020 HOTM, Telluria.

Don’t get too attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

Telluria Beta Info & Stats

Attack: 613
Defense: 832
HP: 1425

Class: Paladin
Resist: Minion Removal – The Hero has an innate ability to resist Minion removal.
Element: Nature/Green

Mana Speed: Average

Special Skill: Force of Forest

• Deals 190% 130% damage to all enemies.
  • Summons a Forest Familiar Minion for all allies with 20% 18% HP and 13% attack inherited from the caster.
  • All allies regenerate 548 411 HP over 4 3 turns.
  • All enemies get -34% mana generation for 4 3 turns.
  • Element Link gives all Nature allies +10% critical chance for 6 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM
  • 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see:

21 Likes

Hmmm… SG looking to make green tanks a thing… seems a very strong hero with minions coming in at 280 health while also healing, and hitting and making it harder to get a special.

If she stays the same, I’m going to need to learn some patience with my tonics cause she’s pretty much everything I wanted in a green healer.

16 Likes

Looking like these minion heros, that kill minions, will become a thing too. Gobbler will get some use if emblem-ed, and that other HOTM.

Except this hero resists heroes that destroy/remove minions.

5 Likes

True, but you will still get the minions off the other 4 heros I suppose…

Whaaaaaat?!

Good grief I can’t believe that’s even a jumping off point for hero design.

Heaven help us.

16 Likes

I like the idea of green tanks, that’s refreshing for the game.

We’ll see how this lady will be dealt with until her release though

6 Likes

Don’t worry, Skittleskull’s costume will make us forget about the upcoming HOTMs :man_facepalming:

14 Likes

Average speed with tank stats is always pretty nice. However, with 613 attack and 190% special damage, she’s not going to be very deadly by herself. She’s going to be able to stall with health regen, minions and mana generation reduction though, and that in itself doesn’t seem bad in the slightest.
However, in the end… she’s green and with how stacked the red aggressive arsenal is, I just don’t know if she’ll be able to pull through.

1 Like

I started testing Telluria with Red Hood, and oh my god… the minion spam is real lol.

I think the best part about this combo is that Red Hood’s Foxes heal too, and combined with Telluria’s healing, your team goes back to full health almost instantly. This is for offense experience only so far… But wow. She’s looking like a great hero.

I can’t imagine how good she’ll be as a flank to Santa

15 Likes

Then next hotm burns all at fast mana and gm is very fast mana

As long as gm and jean francois are around, green tanks will be just a pipe dream in my opinion

But i said that about purple and kunch too and here we are

So only time will tell

7 Likes

@zephyr1 would you be so kind to describe the card’s art for us mortal forumites?

7 Likes

Keep in mind though that she reduces mana generation and grants healing over turns for her allies too, which can counteract the burns. The HoT to me seems very specifically designed for aiding to soften burn damage

5 Likes

True true i like the design of this one. Now just fix the red one ffs lol

3 Likes

Facing this and LOTL must be annoying to the point of unninstalling Oh My Gobbler

4 Likes

They look like some sort of cat-person in the face with Malificent’s horns (but wood-colored), very large hands with fingernails like Azlar’s toes.

Add on Dobby’s ears, hooves for feet and you’ve got one strange looking creature. They are in a pose crouching with a staff to the right, but the pose looks like a cross between Skittle and Brienne.

There’s a lot of hair coming out of the shoulder/chest plate, sort of like a lion’s mane, but the hooves confuse me.

8 Likes

Wow… I should starting to feed myself with bread and water and save the money for February and March :rofl:

12 Likes

Thanks! So it’s not human and you can’t specify what kind of creature she is? I’m assuming a she, because she’s coming after Kingston and Telluria is such a feminine name.

I’d think of a Fairy looking hero by such name :joy:

1 Like

Without looking at the hooves and legs, she looks like a cross between a cougar and an imp/troll. Her description in the full view is just her name still.

Maybe she’s meant to be animal-ambiguous sort of like the forest spirit from Mononoke Hime? Not that she looks like it, but is a combination of different animals.

6 Likes

Talk about making Delilah obsolete

4 Likes