đŸ§Ș Early information on the June 2021 HOTM -- Elradir

Yes; literally, any damage from a status effect that he would take, gets reflected back at the other team.

Yes, it’s any Status Effect damage IN THAT TURN, regardless of when the ailment was given.

1 Like

To be clear, he does NOT reflect the STATUS EFFECTS. Just reflects any DAMAGE from a Status Effect in that turn.

So he (and his team) still TAKE the ailments
 He just doesnt take DAMAGE from the ailment while the skill is active.

Again, he does NOT block the ailments. He simply reflects the DAMAGE component of any Status Effects while his skill is active.

Again, he doesn’t block the status ailment. So his he still gets the status ailments.

Also note it is only CASTER that reflects
 So it’s ONLY him who reflects the damage HE SPECIFICALLY gets
 nothing about his team.

On mindless attack specifically, he won’t reflect anything because he has an innate resistance against ailments which prevent the casting of special skills (See OP
)

7 Likes

Say this hero is going to receive 100 poison damage in the round. With his special on, he will reflect 100% of this to all enemies. My question is: will each enemy receive 100 damage or 20 damage?

1 Like

Reflects it back at all enemies.

So every enemy gets the 100 poison damage.

8 Likes

I don’t understand something:

I the reflect going to work aganst all five enemies’ status damage or only reflects back the damage taken from the heroes he actually had hit with the special skill?

“The caster reflects 100% of the damage received from their status ailments to all enemies for 3 turns.”

The keyword is THEIR !

This simple word confuses me!

If he would reflect back every damage from ailments casted by anyone than this word should not be there

Does this make sense?

Like I explained above.

Any damage that E will take from a Status Effect gets sent instead back to all enemies.

So if E is supposed to take burn damage from say Gravemaker, his buff will instead reflect the burn damage (FROM HIM) and instead the damage is done to the entire enemy team.

His allies are NOT protected. He does NOT block / prevent the ailment from landing.

He simply reflects the damage back.

3 Likes

Looks like Malosi will be helpless against him. Sometimes Bai Yeong is the better option after all. (Good thing I have both.) Also a case where good old Lianna with her straight-up hit still has it compared with all these fancy effects, whereas Azlar may as well hang up his costume right now. If I’m reading it right, Vanda should be excellent, as she doesn’t stop the enemy casting but she does stop the effect landing. Or - does she, if it’s just the damage and not the effect itself that he reflects? Hmm

I wonder if Elrohir will be a perfect Bera counter.

1. He reflects all minions’ poison.
  2. He will charge like crazy (if any Bera minion give 2 status effects, he will receive around 10% mana for free from each minion hit)
  3. Just hit Bera then.
5 Likes

How is Malosi uselless aganist him? He literally blocks his ability to reflect if Malosi cast before Elrohir does

1 Like

His special doesn’t but his innate resistance looks as though it would.

Another new one I’d be interested in getting. Solid Alfrike counter.

Because Malosi blocks only the application of status effects, he should work against Elrohir

I like the name. One of the sons of Elrond in Lord of the Rings, interesting that they can use the name

Well I’ll be very happy if that is the case.

I base it on this sentence from Malosi card:

• The target cannot cast any new status effects or stacks on enemies or allies for 3 turns.

It doesn’t block the special, it just blocks the “apply a status effect” part

Why are people (who I usually see posting about nerfing “too powerful” heroes in other topics) already screaming for nerfs on a hero that is not even yet finalised? I usually read information on this forum as I am also entertained by the discussions, but these constant whining and rants on heroes, especially these nerf posts/comments/topics, are taking away my enjoyment on reading topics in this forum.

Do the beta testers already have a general feedback about this upcoming HoTM? If not, please put down your nerf placards for now, until there are definite data that this one should be toned down.

3 Likes

I really like this one. What position will be the best for him?

Flank but if emblemed into def and hp, a solid tank. Useless as wing

He cant be blocked and he reflects ailments at tank position. Wizard talent also discourages enemy to buff themselves

So you dont wish to bring ailments vs him, neither buffs and he cant be prevented from casting special. Solution is strong tile dmg and pure attackers, snipers.

He would work briliantly with flanked Athena and Ariel on other side and wings gravemaker and Zeline. You wont go red this way, neither green, neither blue (weak colour vs green then Zeline wrecks you with extra blue dmg :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you very much. I hope I get him, really need a good green tank :smiley:

Just on this. He doesnt reflect the ailment. Just the damage from it which is on him for the 3 turns after he has fired his special. It’s a small distinction but important. If he is on turn 3 and for example hit by GM then opponents will only take the DoT damage for one turn then it will be back on him unless he retires.

Also for corrosive my reading is for example he would still suffer the non damage part but someone in beta may be able to confirm.

Or for example if hit by proteus he would reflect back the poison but still be unable to gain mana.

1 Like

Beta Change (5 March):

• Elrohir’s special skill damage has been reduced from 285% → 255%
2 Likes