šŸ§Ŗ Early information on the June 2021 HOTM -- Elradir

What about him and Gullinburst/Hansel? Is he reflects that effects?

Hansel does not have DoT status ailment that do damage or we say it Damage over Time.
Gullinbursti does not apply any statuses on enemy.

I mean ā€œreceive damage when mana is fullā€. Is Elradir receives damage or enemies?

Correct,ā€¦ I donā€™t know in this case.
This should be test by beta user and what happen and what should be intended to works, as per description, we can not predic the exact result what to expect.

Maybe it will reflect, because its damage come from status ailment.

Another case, Mindless attack does not do damage, it does a slash attack on random allies, so it is not reflected, IMO. So Merlin and Alfrike will not reflect.

EDIT: lolā€¦
Yes, Immune from Silenced, Mindless Attack and Spell Slayerā€¦ duh :man_facepalming:

He is immune to hansel effect problem solved :smiley:

1 Like

@Grajek Yes, Immune from Silenced, Mindless Attack and Spell Slayerā€¦ duh :man_facepalming:
Lol lolā€¦ :grinning:

1 Like

@jinbatsu : From the card reading, I also understood the same as you have mentioned. However, I want to know from beta testers, who can share practical info.

1 Like

reflects to all :slight_smile: 20 characters

1 Like

250% is way too low, itā€™s clearly in the useless territory.

For any beta participants that have looked into it.

1. For the innate ability mana gain, does the ailment have to stick to generate mana or simply be cast on him?
    ie the ailments he resists naturally, will those generate extra mana as well?

I know some have expressed disappointment on the power (or lack thereof) of his special but he should be helpful in rush wars (and tournaments) where Alfrike is dismayingly common. Sure, there are better options to counter Alfrike in rush arenas already available in the game, but they are considerably harder to summon than an HotM (Lepiota for example).

1. Does taunt impact the reflected DoT damage? Riposte and reflect go back to the hero that fired regardless of taunt, does this work the same way? The wording ā€œreflectā€ gives me hope that it ignores taunt.

From the looks of it, itā€™s probably only once when itā€™s applied, like a lidenbrock situation.

Thank you. Iā€™ll reword my question for clarity.

Elradir gains mana when an ailment is cast upon him.
He naturally resists ailments that block mana/special skills
IF a mana block or special skills blocking ailment is cast on him, does he still generate extra mana for himself OR does the ailment need to stick in order to generate extra mana?

I think no since he naturally resisted it. And Itā€™s no longer an ailment applied to him, so no mana gain.
And as I mentioned it probably a lidenbrock situation where itā€™s only applied once when afflicted with ailments. So it doesnā€™t continuously give him mana when he has ailments

We are both reading the card the same/similar way but neither is 100% certain. That is why I was asking someone that has confirmed how it works while testing in beta.

Agree that there is absolutely no doubt the mana gain/bump/fillip is only at the time of the ailment cast not repeated each turn for the duration of the ailment.

I understand what you mean and if he were to gain mana like how you picture him to be heā€™ll be quite powerful. Itā€™s most likely a one time thing

Would be very good. My question regarding mana is only if he gains the bonus for mana block/silence/mindless attack to which he has an innate resistance as well as all of the other ailments.

To be sure, no question that the mana gain is a one off, at the moment the ailment is cast on Elradir.

It all revolves around the word ā€œreceivesā€ does it have to stick to be received or does it count if it was simply cast on him regardless of whether or not it affects him.

For the record, this is lidenbrockā€™s card. As you can see she gives HOT only on the initial applying of the ailment with the same ā€˜receiveā€™ wording. Anyone playing lidenbrock should probably be familiar with elradir

Yes, but she does not innately resist any ailments so the question of whether or not received counts for resisted ailments did not come up with the Professor.

25 posts were merged into an existing topic: Elradir ā€“ 5* Nature/ Green - June 2021 HOTM (Hero of the Month) ā€“ Initial Release

New ā€œpost releaseā€ thread :arrow_up: